Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unlimited budget

Nah, I'd rather put two turbos on a 360 Modena than a V12 in an Elise. The Elise is too small, it would be a devil to drive with that much power.
    Would it be possible, to play forever?
    The conclusion reached was that a player is inevitably doomed to lose.

That's a hard question. But what I would do with an unlimited budget would be pay Lancia to get back into the groove of rallying. Pay for what ever expenses they need. Designing for car, funding for rally racing, driver payments. Everything. I would also ask for 2 Lancia Delta Integrales, one custom made to my liking for classic rally racing or other forms of racing, and a completely stock one. Since Lancia's are hard to come by in america, that seems like a good choice to me.
    Taking in donations for a Lancia Delta Integrale, please be considerate of a fellow forum member....:)

i would take a reletively small car like a civic, take out its little fourbanger, and drop in a crate ford or chevy racing engine in the rear to turn it into a mid-engine. Id then put some nice ground effects on it. that would be great wouldnt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Ewok
    That's a hard question. But what I would do with an unlimited budget would be pay Lancia to get back into the groove of rallying.
    They've been out for too long.
    Do they even have a competition department any more ?
    Give the moeny to Peugeot or Citroen they seem to be the most innovative in the WRC guidelines. If they could apply that in and unrestricted class they could produce some superb machines.
    If Renault could learn the lessons from the 60s through 80s when they shared engine and chassis design across teams doing rallying, Le Mans and F1. The Renault F1 turbo can trace a lineage back to Alpine A110 turbo special and the later R5 Turbo 2 specials. With rumours that they'll return to WRC I'm awaiting some annoucnements

Quote Originally Posted by SPHFerrari
    i would take a reletively small car like a civic, take out its little fourbanger, and drop in a crate ford or chevy racing engine in the rear to turn it into a mid-engine. Id then put some nice ground effects on it. that would be great wouldnt it.
    For posing, drag strip or road use ?
    Would sound nice.
    Likely have terrible handling - that's a short wheelbase to put that much weight to the rear !! Either that or the driver's going to have a warm ass coz he/she will be sitting on the block !!
    'Ground effects' ? do you mean bolt on plastic wings ?
    Again, it's a short car, you'll struggle to get true "ground effects".
    Tell me, do you think FF and 2F2F were the best movies ever ?

I'd stick the W12 found in the Bentley Continental GT and stuff it in a Corvette, I'd also stick the Murciélago's V12 in the back of an NSX.
    Put the SL 55 AMG's supercharged V8 in a M3.
    Thats all I think of for now.

Thread Information