Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Forza Motorsport 4

Forza Motorsport 4

Lets get this thread started! Game is set to launch Fall 2011

Cant Wait!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yasxcR4KAaE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yasxcR4KAaE[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REnYXw-Fbq4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REnYXw-Fbq4[/ame]
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

That's like 8 months from now!

What a tease.

That walk around and sit in thing is pretty awesome. Can you do that with every car in the game or just the Ferrari?

Forza doesn't pull Polyphony style bullshit like premium cars.

That will be for all cars I'm betting.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post

Troll.

There already was some sort of caste of different cars in Gt4 with those vintage cars you basically couldn't drive in any circuit or thereabout.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Two things. There's no WAY they're going to produce 400+ cars with that level of detail inside and out by next fall. Secondly, if they DO pull that off....I'm guessing that's going to be about the extent of the improvements coming off of FM3.

Prove me wrong Turn 10.
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post

I bet its for all cars too

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBlood147 View Post
    Two things. There's no WAY they're going to produce 400+ cars with that level of detail inside and out by next fall. Secondly, if they DO pull that off....I'm guessing that's going to be about the extent of the improvements coming off of FM3.

Prove me wrong Turn 10.
    I hope they do prove you wrong! Because it would sick! Now is the time to crush GT5 if they deliver.

400-500 cars is good enough for me. As far as Im concerned thats twice what gt5 has. Seeing as only 200 some cars are premium and worth driving.

If forza can bring the sense of speed that GT5 has, I am sold.
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Troll.

I'm not even trolling - I used to be a huge GT fan, but there is a limit to what I'm willing to put up with.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Looking forward this next fall. Until then I still haven't beaten Forza 3 yet, so I'll have plenty to do until then.

More than anything, I hope FM4 will bring weather (makes the game so much more interesting) and more tracks (ex. Willow Springs, Spa, Monza, Monaco).

Now if I could somehow convince Turn 10 to model Yas Marina, my life would be complete lol
    Buy a car for you, not for other people

I used to think Forza was amazing, but recently played Forza 3 with a friend, and found it pretty boring. The car models are pretty badly made too...
    www.flickr.com/photos/maestro_ng

In Enthusia the weather was variable, meaning that if a race starts wet it will end wet, and you could really tell the difference. The feeling was like driving on eggs, love it.
    That game was almost perfect as far as driving simulation was concerned I think, even if it was a bit too zealous when lateral inertia was to be considered. And unlike GT4 you could handle oversteering in all cars, even fwd models.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Needs more Zolder.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Yes, more licensed tracks........more tuning options (custom PCM maps, adjustable boost, and more drivetrain/engine swaps would be sweet).........better sense of speed like Werty mentioned.........improved textures and lighting dynamics for in-car views............adjustable TCM, ABS, and ASM aids.........even more unforgiving realistic wear and tear and damage (clutch wear, brake fade, tire punctures)......a solid and innovative career mode (since neither GT or Forza has ever really nailed it)..........and backwards compatibility with FM3 community content. Do it Turn 10. Don't make FM4 all about gimmicky Kinect features, I don't want Forza Motorsports 3.5K. And don't make this next installment all about prettier graphics either. This franchise has alot of areas it can improve on, and trying to outdo GT5 in the photo-realism department shouldn't be one of them. The car models in FM3 are nothing to sneeze at. Improve upon them if you must, but give us some solid gameplay enhancements to go along with it.

And here's another thought I had. How about full rendering of the interiors for the cockpit view? When you look behind you you should be seeing the rear seats or the spoiler or engine or something. Same goes for the rearview mirror. You should be able to see the rear of the car back there. Totally kills the immersion of in-car views when you go to look to your left flank and the car around you just disappears like it isn't there.

Also, how about a new option for gearboxes? Call it Dynamic. Setting it to this causes each car to shift the way it does in real life. That Bimmer may drive as an auto with paddle shifting options........that Shelby Mustang will drive with a stick shift and clutch........and that Caddy might be an auto only. Allow this option to force players to drive each car the way it would be driven in reality. I always thought that that would be a nice touch. Better than forcing us to drive everything either auto, manual, or manual/clutch. This would allow it to change depending on what car you are driving.

And finally: drag racing. If you're going to include it......do it right. Go spend some time at the local strips and see how it's done. Give us a proper tree light with manual launches and burnouts. Develop a proper grip simulation for launches this time. Put some drag racing specific mods in there (trans-brakes, line-locks, fat and skinnies, etc.). Develop a nice bracket racing event option for online and career mode. Approach the sport with a serious intent on accurately reproducing it in virtual form. Don't just throw in a straight track and call it a day. Offer something GT5 DOESN'T.

Just my thoughts, fellas...
    Last edited by ThisBlood147; 12-13-2010 at 07:11 PM.
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

Things I want in Forza 4

#1: Higher levels of customisability - I want to tune boost pressure, response and simmilar. Same with wheels. I want to specify tyre width and profile + offset of rims.
    #2: More Smoke.
    #3: Weather.
    #4: Day/Night. I want to drift Fujimi Kaido in the wet at night with headlights on.
    #5: New / more tracks. Blue mountians raceway (or better actually a propper bathurst) I definately want back.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Thread Information