Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics

Crosby may have won Canada the gold, but he still has AIDS

Also, if the US won that match the closing ceremony would have been a mass Canadian suicide
    Last edited by Rockefella; 02-28-2010 at 04:33 PM.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    Crosby may have won Canada the gold, but he still has AIDS

Also, if the US won that match the closing ceremony would have been a mass Canadian suicide
    Thus making Crosby the most powerful man in the world...

But yeah, havn't heard much about him until that one shot. Wait till the next games. We've been saying all along this is a developing team. In 2014 we will Defeat The World!
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    Thus making Crosby the most powerful man in the world...

But yeah, havn't heard much about him until that one shot. Wait till the next games. We've been saying all along this is a developing team. In 2014 we will Defeat The World!
    If Russia fails again in Sochi they will create a Gulag-like penal system exclusively for hockey players. They're going to have to train 24/7 in Siberia for the next 4 years, using oversized lead pucks and cheaply made plastic sticks. If they break a stick, no food for a week.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    If Russia fails again in Sochi they will create a Gulag-like penal system exclusively for hockey players. They're going to have to train 24/7 in Siberia for the next 4 years, using oversized lead pucks and cheaply made plastic sticks. If they break a stick, no food for a week.
    Haha. Yeah, well the only thing better than beating the canadian team in hockey on their own turf would be beating the russians. Except the NHL commissioner still hasn't agreed to allow NHL players to compete in the next olympics, has he?
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    Haha. Yeah, well the only thing better than beating the canadian team in hockey on their own turf would be beating the russians. Except the NHL commissioner still hasn't agreed to allow NHL players to compete in the next olympics, has he?
    Nope not yet.

I know allowing NHLers in the Olympics is against de Coubertin's original philosophy about amateurs only but not allowing them would mean North Americans would probably massively overlook the ice hockey tournament, and like or not, NA is one hell of a massive audience. We won't get to see another 1972 series if NHLers do depart, because all North American-born players that have talent end up in the NHL, or at least in a professional club. There were only 16 teams in the NHL in 1972...

Remember that 10 million viewers figure for that Canada-Russia game a few days ago? That's nearly one third of the population. Can't wait to see official figures for today's game.

Also, hockey is still rather 'new' in some parts of the United States (southern states) and I'm pretty sure a game like today will increase hockey's popularity, although I still don't understand why there should be professional franchises in the middle of the desert, but that's another debate.
    Last edited by fisetdavid26; 02-28-2010 at 05:07 PM.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Well, now that the games are over I'll throw this out there. What's your favorite/most memorable moment of the games?
    Big cities suck

I want to point out that in my very first post in this thread i said look out for the young American team lol. Just wanted to point that out and have my moment in the sun. I saw a disturbing pole on ESPN and the question was Are you going to watch the NHL after this Olympic Tournament? and the nation was split 70-30 on no. The world was split 65-35 which is a shame b/c it tells me people only watched this to pass the time and i think the sport deserves more respect than that. My most memorable moment was def. Parise's goal in the dying seconds. As for OT i would like to forget that as soon as possible. I hate Crosby w/ every inch of my soul

Favorite moment, when gold metalist Canadian Skeleton slider Jon Montgomery took over a pitcher of beer that was handed to him from the crowd on Whistler's street and start drinking from it.....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    Oh come on now.
    Everything is a bad example for children.
    And after all ice hockey is such a good example for kids to grow up watching.
    Slams, hooking, body checks, gloves off pitched "fights" ?
    Seriously some folks are retarded about adults having a proper celebration in an adult manner !!!

oh ... and well done Canada. THought you'd blown it after losing that 2 point lead. Images of your Scottish heritage having carried over into sport

At least we can look forwrd to 4 yars of bleating about how USA should be allowed professionals. Maybe so, but please keep the USA biathlon members amateurs. Dont' want any marines out their who might end up shooting team mates or "allies"
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post

At least we can look forwrd to 4 yars of bleating about how USA should be allowed professionals.
    wha?
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by LotusLocost View Post
    Wow!
    It thought we where demanding of ours athletes
    We Park City natives are a proud people.

Another favorite, reading the hysterical jeering from UK and Russian media....I love the Russians still hope they are great like when they were commies:
    Goodbye, Vancouver! - Pravda.Ru

Dude you sucked, get over it...
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Wasn't aware of "UK media" jeering ?
    I mean the "British" team don't usually expect much of an Olympics these days. .
    Our local brother/sister team the Kerrs themselves admit an eror is never going to win a medal.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

www.fsae.utoronto.ca

The firts one had valid points, sadly so did the second but he got carried away with his own self-importance.
    Sounds he is more firing a shot across the bows of anyone who woudl attempt to run an "own the podium" idea for 2012
    The replies are full of trolls, which make better reading than his article.

But seriously, RM, I thought it was accepted that the organsiation was suspect., The restrictions on training were dubious -- YES, of course they had to protect the limited availability of snow/ice -- but the impact was felt in teams NOT Canadian

and .. .the "olympic spirit" was completely lost. I'm not sure it was as the times journo write an aspect of Canadia trying o give the finger to the USA, but it certianly got lost among the host beign SO voracious in it's campaign to win.

As a Canadian, yes I guess you woudl read that as "jeering", but on the whoel NOBODY was rejoicing in the failures ... lamenting insteand. ( Well can't guarantee everyoen was being reasonable, but you know what I mean )

Thread Information