Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Press: Porsche Will Build Porsche Panamera

Press: Porsche Will Build Porsche Panamera

Board Approves Four-Door Sports Coupe for 2009 Launch

Atlanta, July 27, 2005 -- The Supervisory Board and the Board of Management of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG, Stuttgart, gave their approval today for the development and production of another Porsche model line. To be called Panamera, the new car will be a premium-class sports coupe with four seats, four doors, and a choice of front-mounted engines driving the rear wheels.

Scheduled to enter the market in 2009, the Panamera will be the fourth model line from the Stuttgart carmaker following the 911®, the Boxster® and the Cayenne®. The new car’s name is derived from the legendary Carrera Panamericana long-distance race.

Production of the Panamera is to be in Leipzig, where Porsche already builds the Cayenne SUV and the Carrera GT® supercar. The final decision will require further detailed talks between the Board of Management of Porsche AG and the Management of Porsche Leipzig GmbH with representatives of the employees. Porsche's total investment in the new model line, including development, will be more than Euro 1 billion and will come entirely from the company’s own funds. Expected sales are at least 20,000 units a year.

"The Panamera is a perfect fit for Porsche,” said Dr. Wendelin Wiedeking, the President and CEO of Porsche AG. “It has all the typical DNA characteristic of a genuine sports car. In terms of performance, design, and driving dynamics, it meets Porsche's high standards in every respect. Through this sports coupe we are making our customers a highly attractive offer in the top performance segment."

Porsche will develop and build the Panamera using the company's own resources. "We will be developing a separate platform for our fourth model line at our Weissach R&D center,” said Wiedeking. “There are no plans for a joint venture with another car maker, but to ensure the profitability of this new model line we will cooperate more closely than so far with selected system suppliers."

Production of the Panamera in Leipzig would potentially create some 600 new jobs there. In the course of the project, approximately 400 more new jobs will be created at Porsche's original plant in Stuttgart-Zuffenhausen, where the engines for the fourth model line will be built, and at the Weissach Development Center.

Like the 911, the Boxster and the Cayenne, the Panamera will bear the "Made in Germany" stamp of quality. Domestic share of the Panamera’s overall assembled value will be approximately 70 percent.

Porsche Cars North America, Inc. (PCNA), based in Atlanta, Ga., and its subsidiary, Porsche Cars Canada, Ltd., are the exclusive importers of Porsche sports cars and Cayenne sport utility vehicles for the United States and Canada. A wholly owned, indirect subsidiary of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG, PCNA employs approximately 300 people who provide Porsche vehicles, parts, service, marketing and training for its 208 U.S. and Canadian dealers. They, in turn, provide Porsche owners with best-in-class service.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Colin17; 07-27-2005 at 09:26 AM.

thread already started on this but thanks for the pic

where? there's no thread in the hideout!

Anyone else think that sketch just looks like a 4 door Scaglietti?

Quote Originally Posted by VtecMini
    Anyone else think that sketch just looks like a 4 door Scaglietti?

Nope...

pictures....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Looks similar to the 612!
    .................................................................................:¦Back Again¦:.................................................................................

I think this will look better than the 612 but thats just my opinion.
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

Rendering looks great but it's just a rendering.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

Quote Originally Posted by Esperante
    Rendering looks great but it's just a rendering.
    i dont think its a render...
    i think its just a normal sketch

looks good anyways

Quote Originally Posted by illusionest
    i dont think its a render...
    i think its just a normal sketch

looks good anyways
    It's a sketch rendered with photoshop.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

Looks good!!

It looks like sht from those renders. Then again, what can you expect from modern Porsche design, barring the CGT.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    It looks like sht from those renders. Then again, what can you expect from modern Porsche design, barring the CGT.
    Excellent article on the CGT background at http://www.bentleypublishers.com/gpex/GPEX.v3.ch61.htm

Interesting part pointed out to me by my P-friend .....
    "Many people working at Weissach have been betrayed by Dr. Wiedeking's `U'-turn on motorsport," he said, "not least the dozens of engineers and technicians who have put their hearts and souls into the creation of a new challenger, a vehicle that might well have been Porsche's 17th Le Mans winner." Were Ferry Porsche still living, Cotton speculated, the promise of a year earlier would not have been broken. In the two years since Ferry's death, the Briton thought, "Porsche AG has become a vastly different company to the one he knew, in which the accountants have finally triumphed over the engineers. In 1999, it seems, profit comes before pride."

I rest my case m'lud and await the decision of hte courst in 10 years time
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information