Thread: Ferrari GTC4Lusso 2016-

Ferrari GTC4Lusso 2016-

GTC4Lusso
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice concept, save the fishmouth, but what a horrendous name. I'm not sure why (publicly-traded!) Ferrari is pushing this weird ungrammatical naming agenda with models like the F12bErLiNeTtA_tdf and now this. Besides, GTC4Lusso sounds like a 1000SEL-grade custom 1980s Corvette.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

The gray color and the 4 quad rear lights remind me of the 550 Maranello, which is still the pinnacle of Ferrari styling. I would say the 575 Superamerica with the translucent window is, but it's way, way too rare to be even considered attainable.

Still not a step in the right direction in terms of styling in my opinion.

At this point I just think of Ferrari as a Saudi Arabia spec car.

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    Nice concept, save the fishmouth, but what a horrendous name. I'm not sure why (publicly-traded!) Ferrari is pushing this weird ungrammatical naming agenda with models like the F12bErLiNeTtA_tdf and now this. Besides, GTC4Lusso sounds like a 1000SEL-grade custom 1980s Corvette.
    Names like F430 Race Team, FF and F12l0lc4ps were from the Luca era, now that Sergio The King of Fax Machines is in charge they seem to be aiming to go back to The Old Ways of naming the cars.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Do not forget the Ferrari TheFerrari.

Also this is a Lusso:

And I'm sorry but, while the GTC$LGHT12 may be more stylish than the Formula Fergusson it replaces, it doesn't have anywhere the sense of occasion the old Lusso has. In the same way the new California is a stupid boulevardier and not the open TdF Françoise Sagan used to drive bare footed.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    The gray color and the 4 quad rear lights remind me of the 550 Maranello, which is still the pinnacle of Ferrari styling. I would say the 575 Superamerica with the translucent window is, but it's way, way too rare to be even considered attainable.
    Ooh! This is a fun game. I think the 456 is the pinnacle of latter-day Ferraris. Strange how adding two moves the engine to the middle and makes it ichthyoid and visually blah. I saw a deep, deep blue 456 parked on the cobbles in old Montreal, one of those images that all the glossy rags go crazy for, and it was sublime; for an Italian car with a V12 it has so little pretense and is so elegant. Ferrer's GTL is definitely my favorite purely-roadgoing Ferrari (Berlinetta Competizione notwithstanding).
    Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    Names like F430 Race Team, FF and F12l0lc4ps were from the Luca era, now that Sergio The King of Fax Machines is in charge they seem to be aiming to go back to The Old Ways of naming the cars.
    That's a very-appropriate sobriquet for the Surge, as mine belies his crypto-Canadian origins... I might have to use it some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Do not forget the Ferrari TheFerrari.
    If bands can have eponymous album titles, why shouldn't a carmaker?
    Also this is a Lusso:
    Yes it is.

And I'm sorry but, while the GTC$LGHT12 may be more stylish than the Formula Fergusson it replaces, it doesn't have anywhere the sense of occasion the old Lusso has. In the same way the new California is a stupid boulevardier and not the open TdF Françoise Sagan used to drive bare footed.
    I think it's a bit unfair to compare the current California #KingRanch to the models made under il Commendatore il Commendatore, but, again, yes.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

I too am a fan of the understated elegance and restrained style of the 456. Certainly a classic when it first came out and, much like good wines, it has only gotten better as years have passed by.

Also, pop up headlamps.

POP UP HEADLAMPS.

When it comes to pure road going Ferraris my pick is the California (SWB, covered headlamps), and if that's not allowed because despite not being a race car it is based on a racing chassis then I'm on the Lusso camp as well.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Pop up headlamps are cool.

Honestly, if you get hit by a car moving at 40-50 mph, pop up headlamps are your least concern.

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    F12l0lc4ps
    GTC$LGHT12
    These sound like hellcat's potential alternate usernames were he a tifosi.

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    Ooh! This is a fun game. I think the 456 is the pinnacle of latter-day Ferraris. Strange how adding two moves the engine to the middle and makes it ichthyoid and visually blah. I saw a deep, deep blue 456 parked on the cobbles in old Montreal, one of those images that all the glossy rags go crazy for, and it was sublime; for an Italian car with a V12 it has so little pretense and is so elegant.
    I too am a fan of the understated elegance and restrained style of the 456. Certainly a classic when it first came out and, much like good wines, it has only gotten better as years have passed by.
    Let's all collectively remember the 90s, when we were younger, and Ferraris looked better.

I think the maddening thing with this new crop of Ferraris, and a car like this - whose name I will forget - is that it will be best in class (whatever class it is in anyway) for driving enjoyment. As has been discussed before, this crop isn't good looking, and certainly isn't sexy. Which is a shame, considering how many pretty cars there are currently. Jaguar is on a roll, Aston is still quote nice, Lamborghini and Porsche generally put out some nice metal.

I wanna see a Ferrari that is as good to look at as it is to drive, just like the 456 and 355 were two decades ago.

When it comes to pure road going Ferraris my pick is the California (SWB, covered headlamps), and if that's not allowed because despite not being a race car it is based on a racing chassis then I'm on the Lusso camp as well.
    You are correct on the Cali SWB. Iz bes' bro.

I still think the 458 looks fantastic. And that the 550 was a boring turd after the 512TR.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Thread Information