Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Supra vs Skyline

If imbecils continue to revive dead Supra/Skyline threads I will consider ending my life. No one cares about your opinions, unless it is well thought-out and brings proper/positive emphasis and discussion to the thread.

Stop making stupid posts about how a Skyline is 1337 because it will whoop all da cars in da world. For the last time, WE DO NOT CARE.

Quote Originally Posted by tvaksvik
    Lol

Have you ever heard the sound of a Supra?

It is way cooler, almost as deep as an angry V8 if you have a decent exhaust system. Testosterone all the way.The 2JZ-GTE engine is by far the best Turbo engine ever produced. If you had fitted a Skyline with this engine, it would be the best of both worlds.

The Skyline sounds good to, but the sound is tighter and not so classy. Almost like an angry teenager in comparison with the adult Supra sound.
    Great, now explain the bolded point. If you had checked the date, you would have noticed that this thread is a year and a half old.

you guys are forgetting the main factor... the Driver... different skills, differents ways of driving... its about style about the driver..... also it depends on the track because both cars haves its advantages and disadvantges... i first of all i lean toward the supra.. its is my fav. car... i wanna get that clear but heres what i'm pointing out... if u race them on a circuit... the skyine is known for quick response, so around corners upshifting and downshift are almost perfect, no to mention the ABS and the 4WD that can pull away so quickly. But on the other hand the supra will probably spin out alot around the corners.. when the gas is punched coming out of a corner the supra with all the power and torque my drift a little becuz its also pushing that weight forward, cutting time and sometimes speed... its all RWD anyway too (gosh i love that car..heh) but if you put it on a drag strip, yes the skyline will pull off quicker, but also but it also takes only a little bit of time to bring out the torque and power of the Supra, and the supra will (more that likely) win at the last minute. -----
    But also there is other factors affecting the performance.. as it how close it is to sea level... where the air is denser..so u can get more air into ur turbo or air - cold air intake... But most importantly....it all depends on the driver...

i would agree with that.
    i think the gtr would be better all round over the supra only because of the 4wd. if it was rwd the supra would be better. but compair the price. for the same price u pay for a R34 u could of got a supra and moddify it to smoke a gtr. i own 2 cars. a turbo wrx and a 93 twin turbo supra. the wrx smokes the supra in a street drag race (1/8 mile) cos of my 7grand launches (rev to 7 then dump the clutch). but on the drag strip the supra smokes the wrx cos over 100km it catches at and passes it. (my near stock auto supra 12.7 @ 117mph 1/4 mile). i have raced a few R32 gtr in the past. lost to 1 and beat 2. the one i lost to did a mean 7 grand launch and it was gone the other two was rolling starts and and the supra was slightly pulling away.
    stock vs stock. the gtr only because it can 7grand launch but fully moddied is a different story. fully built cars for the strip i think the supra is still faster. i think (cant remember excact figures)
    fastest supra 7.3
    fastest skyline 7.5 1/4 mile.
    what budget u got is another question.
    i got my supra for 15grand and most r34 gtr selling for 40-50grand in nz.
    i like my wrx over the supra for town driving cos of comfort for passengers and 7grand launches but like my supra better for the track cos of more power.
    both rb26dett and 2jzgte are good motors with same potential. supra i think is a bit stronger stock but if u got cash to buy it u should have cash to maintain and moddify it.

Supra

Quote Originally Posted by RS6 View Post
    The Skyline just because of the sound of that engine.
    I much prefer the Supra.http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...ilies/cool.gif

okay, so I was interested in buying a rice-burner, searched for a comparison of the 2 models i preferred and came up with this, and to be honest the amount of I'll suck supra/skyline dick untill death or as some have affectionately posted "fan boy" crap is overwhelming. I just need to get this off my chest and as a word of warning, don't bother mentioning drag stats, engine codes/specs etc, if you have no idea about the engineering that goes on behind it, the amount of numbnuts that pull out the kilowatts and newton meters should be shot. next off anyone who uses drag stats for a skyline should be shot, since when was a AWD with super HICAS designed for drag racing? Let's face it, this thread shouldn't be about which car would win in a drag race, because again I could count the number of people that drag stock on one hand. Next thing is I don't even think the Supra was designed or marketed to be in direct competition with the skyline, It seems to contend moreso with the z series, and I'm pretty sure that's a fact. The point I'm trying to make, is that the Skyline gt-r is in a class of it's own, this car is designed for the race track and then dumped on the everyday road. The supra on the other hand deserves credit too, the lines on this car are amazing for 1993. It just looks amazing and comparing these too amazing machines is laike comparing apples to oranges, idiots may get specific but in the end it just comes down to taste.

anyway after that I'd like to say that out of the 2 I'd prefer a skyline, It's stealthy lines just look aggressive, (in the words of dave chappelle playing tyrone biggums GOD DAMN!!!!)

last but not least sorry for the late post...

Obviously the Supra.It has a more practical and reliable two wheel drive layout,it has the sexy looks and it has the venerable and virtually indestructable 2JZ,which drag racers around the world have utilised to much success.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    If imbecils continue to revive dead Supra/Skyline threads I will consider ending my life. No one cares about your opinions, unless it is well thought-out and brings proper/positive emphasis and discussion to the thread.

Stop making stupid posts about how a Skyline is 1337 because it will whoop all da cars in da world. For the last time, WE DO NOT CARE.
    That made me laugh actually. Not to offend Mikey, just because it was the first time I read that.

Supra/Skyline fanboys are to cars what the Top 40 is to music. Might start out catchy, will definitely be overplayed, and subsequently drive one to insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
    Supra/Skyline fanboys are to cars what the Top 40 is to music. Might start out catchy, will definitely be overplayed, and subsequently drive one to insanity.
    this
    besides everyone knows skylines look like ass and break all the time, so the supra is better.

Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

i like the look of the r32's, they look lean and ready to rip apart whatever comes their way, the r33 looks like a fisted bum, the r34 looks a bit better. provided you spend some money getting them running right, the engines are bullet proof. but maybe i am biased after witnessing the r32 skylines being booted out of super car racing in australia! a pretty incredible car, and what is more amazing is these things are going for about $10k second hand in australia right now. sure you need to throw probably $100k or more at it to get it to banned-in-aus-racing super car level, but the basics are there. a super car for $10k?! i would have thought it would never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    this
    besides everyone knows skylines look like ass and break all the time, so the supra is better.

Get out of my house.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

skylines are also by association related to the RB20 thus making them the worst sportscars ever built.

Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Both cars are extremely tunable and have massive potential, but the R34 skyline would destroy the supra pound for pound. The reason I say this is because it obviously has the advantage of a highly sophisticated AWD system, and also its handling and balance are naturally far superior to the 93' supra's.

Supra vs Skyline

You right. In gran turismo skyline take 1500 horspowers. Supra only take 1200 horspowers and still not fast on turn like skyliner
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Well, do be fair, in Gran Turismo 1 the Mitsubishi GTO/3000 GT was a better car, and with less than 1.000 hp iirc.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Thread Information