Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Permission to board? Whiteballz' GTR

Permission to board? Whiteballz' GTR

Hey guys, Long time no see

Picked up my new car today. It's a Nissan R32 GTR.

It's almost completely standard except for a dual core radiator and the ignition system.

These are the only two photos I've taken so far, as I only got home with it a few hours back. Hopefully you all know what a grey R32 GTR looks like anyway.

I'm happy with it, its mega clean and appears to have no rust, dings or bumps.

I am also happy it doesn't have the N1 front bumber with the extra holes, this looks a little more.. subtle.

I'll obviously be posting more photos and stuff here as I clean it up and add my own touches.

Take it easy for now.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

congratulation!
    The R32 is my favorite Skyline EVER - Especially in a clean state.
    Also known as:
    CTD and CrashTestDummy

Fantastic. Looking forward to seeing more pictures!
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Congrats, very nice car.

Obligatory "Add chip upgrade for 10000000000+ HP" comment.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Very cool!

Echo kotr. Wow.

What work has been done to it?

It is very much a blank canvas for me.

It has a dual core radiator and the ignition system is aftermarket (To work with alarm).
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Very nice.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

The combination of manatee and boat rarely seems to work out well for the manatee...
    Congrats nonetheless!
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

good job finding one unmolested.

however i will say it needs those foglights gone! and it needs lowering since it now looks like we both have nissan 4x4's
    what condition are the bushings all in?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Good for you, nice car! Just curious if you find the seats as uncomfortable as I did... and any plans to >ahem< de-content?

As to scoring a good one: Your weekly quote is now officially appropriate.
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

Strangely enough I find the R32 GTR seats (by far) the best seats ever.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Well its now 24 hours, and 250km after I first parked the car in its new home.

It still hasn’t hit me that I own godzilla.. It is mine though, however I keep expecting to have to return it to someone – its a strange feeling.
    To anyone that knew my driving style before I was locked into limbo by an automatic subaru, they know that mechanical sympathy isn’t really my strong point.

Amazingly, (and for the first time in my life) I don’t want to jump in and belt the shit out of a car. Perhaps I know its because GTR’s are expensive to maintain, or perhaps a fear of shit going wrong..

In saying that it has seen the top of first gear and flat out shifts into second a few times.. The best way to describe the feeling from the drivers seat is just an unbelievable pull as the turbos get on song. It just keeps pulling cleanly and without complaint well into second gear.

I drove it out to my parents this morning after finishing my night shift, and surprisingly it is pretty decent on the juice – I’ve travelled 250km on half a tank so far.
    One of my favourite things about the interior of the GTR is that the seats are some of the best I’ve ever sat in, comfortable, supportive and they look great to boot.
    My second favourite thing is that this is actually my first car that has had a working stereo. I’m in my early 20′s, this is my 5th car, and only now do I know the pleasure of songs while driving.
    On the subject of audio the GTR has a standard exhaust, its got a restrained burble at idle but it is menacing enough to know there is potency behind it. Flat out however from the inside most of what you hear is just the rush of wind and the spooling of the turbos. Its a great noise.

I had some spare time after enjoying a lunch with my parents after I got it home and decided to add my first sticker.. Another also resides on Clutch's 911, and well, you may see why its amusing once you get a look at it in the photos below.

Weekly Quote -

Dick

It is pretty cool that you own a legend. Also, it's considerate of you to let all other drivers know that you have not been to the 'Ring. Does that mean Matra needs a Neücondo@ring 'Ring sticker?

What did your half tank work out to in kilometerage? Where are you working these days?

Thread Information