Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: saleen s7 and mustang

saleen s7 and mustang

Is there any connection between the saleen s7 and the mustang ?

(I heard that the saleen s7 is a tuned mustang and i dont know if it's truth)

Here is a saleen s7 picture
    Attached Images Attached Images

Saleen are tuners as well as the manufacturer as the S7r (above).

The saleen is NOT a tuned mustang, though it uses a tuned mustang engine (mid-mounted). I regard it as a bonefide supercar.

Their website is here

the s7 is saleens own made car - with the ford engine offcourse
    BAZOOKA EXHAUST

Saleen tunes Ford products.

Yes, the S7's engine is based off the Mustang engine.
    Tdot owns you.

So what's this ?

A mustang and a saleen on the same car.
    Attached Images Attached Images

saleen tunes the mustang and other ford products they have their own car called the saleen s7 and it uses the highly tuned mustang v8 mustang's V8
    BAZOOKA EXHAUST

Re: So what's this ?

Originally posted by rt/10
    A mustang and a saleen on the same car.
    Saleen tunes Mustangs, that's a Saleen Mustang.
    Tdot owns you.

Almost every post has been incorrect. Saleen is NOT a tuner whatsoever. Saleen is a manufacturer and has to comply with government emissions and crash testing for all their cars. Also, the S7 uses only 1 Mustang part and it's something like the inside door panel. The engine of the S7 does not come from the Mustang AT ALL. The engine is Ford based, but most of it was designed by Saleen.

Please do not post information if you are not totally sure that it is correct.

Originally posted by fastautos
    Almost every post has been incorrect. Saleen is NOT a tuner whatsoever. Saleen is a manufacturer and has to comply with government emissions and crash testing for all their cars. Also, the S7 uses only 1 Mustang part and it's something like the inside door panel. The engine of the S7 does not come from the Mustang AT ALL. The engine is Ford based, but most of it was designed by Saleen.

Please do not post information if you are not totally sure that it is correct.
    No, Saleen is a tuner, as is Roush. And I clearly stated that the S7's engine is based off the Ford engine.
    Tdot owns you.

Saleen is both a manufacturer and tuner.

"And he is a manufacturer. Saleen, not Ford, is the builder of record for the Mustang-based S281. Saleen has had to certify the cars and provide the warranty, necessitating infrastructure, repeatability, a dealer body, service support, and more. 'It's one thing to build a car,' says Steve, 'another to be a car company.'"
    http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...2_0208_saleen/

Legally, he is considered manufacturer of the S281, but IMO that is a tuned car. The S7 is not tuned, and as such, Saleen is rightfully considered a manufacturer of that vehicle, both legally and as a matter of practicality. In any case, both have to undergo DOT and NHTSA certification, a process most tuners don't ever have to face.

The only relationship between the S7's engine and the Mustang is that both started out from the Ford factory. The S7's engine shares architecture with Ford's NASCAR engines (not any roadgoing Mustang), and is cast in aluminum, instead of iron as it is done for NASCAR. So the S7's block is not only unique unto itself, but so are the heads.

Originally posted by Nash
    No, Saleen is a tuner, as is Roush. And I clearly stated that the S7's engine is based off the Ford engine.
    You are WRONG. I have been to the Saleen factory and have met Steve Saleen. I know what I'm talking about. And Guibo: he might seem like a tuner, but he is technically a manufacturer like you said.

stop dancing around the answer. i think most of you just wanna type for the hell of it

YES Saleen is a legitimate auto manufacturer.

YES Saleen also tunes Mustangs.

YES the argument about it should be over. What matters is that the S7 is a great car.

Matter of fact where do you rate it compared to the mclauren?

Originally posted by Nicademus
    stop dancing around the answer. i think most of you just wanna type for the hell of it

YES Saleen is a legitimate auto manufacturer.

YES Saleen also tunes Mustangs.

YES the argument about it should be over. What matters is that the S7 is a great car.

Matter of fact where do you rate it compared to the mclauren?
    the s7 for SURE unless its the mclaren ft gt
    BAZOOKA EXHAUST

seems like not many people can agree on whether saleen is a tuner or manufacturer, i reckon theyre a manufacturer. all i know about the S7 is it uses a bored out 351 ford V8 or sumtin

Saleen is a manufactuer. He produces his own S7, (a 351 bored to a 427). His Saleen Mustangs to their own crash, emissions, etc.... He is actually a manufactuer, but most consider him a tuner.

Steve Saleen ahs been tuning Mustangs since the late 1980's.

Roush is a tuner. Ford sends him the Stangs, and he signs them, adds side exhaust, Roots blower, etc.. and so does Steeda.
    Give it hell.

Thread Information