Thread: 2009 Le Mans Series Catalunya 1000 km report and slideshow

2009 Le Mans Series Catalunya 1000 km report and slideshow

Dear Ultimatecarpage.com visitor,

This weekend the sixth Le Mans Series (LMS) season kicked off with a cracking 1000 km race around the Circuit de Catalunya just north of Barcelona, Spain. Other than the departure of the Peugeot and Audi Works teams, the LMS seems to have gotten through the economic perils virtually unscathed. The void left by the aforementioned teams in LMP1 has been filled by Aston Martin Racing and the Kolles team with last year's championship winning Audi R10s. More importantly there were an impressive 43 cars on the grid for the season opener.
    The race kicked off on Sunday at 11:30 am and lasted the full six hours. All four classes were closely disputed throughout the race and the fight between the new Pescarolo and Lola-Aston Martins was not settled until the dying minutes.
    In addition to the modern sports racing cars, the LMS features the Classic Endurance Racing (CER) series in its support program. Open to historic racing cars from the 1960s and 1970s, the CER race is a one-hour enduro. Just like its modern equivalent, the CER attracted over 40 entrants for the Catalunya round. Among them were a Porsche 936, several Lola T70s and three BMW M1s.
    Our photographers were trackside the full three days to capture all the action from both the Le Mans Series and Classic Endurance Racing races. The result is an exclusive 180-shot gallery that illustrates a full report of the weekend's events.

2009 Le Mans Series Catalunya 1000 km report and slideshow

Regards,
    Wouter Melissen
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Great report, wonderful pics! I was especially surprised with the GT1 finish.

you were having fun with your captions, weren't you?
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    you were having fun with your captions, weren't you?
    Was it too much?
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    Was it too much?
    nah, the humor is fun... although the 'pole position' picture may have been a bit too autobiographical.

nah, the humor is fun... although the 'pole position' picture may have been a bit too autobiographical.
    what do you mean? It is always my privilege to shoot the girls......
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

im sure it is Pieter.

im sure it is Pieter.
    and all of them love my grey hair.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

That's your dirty mind. The #23 was on pole position.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    and all of them love my grey hair.
    so basically the girls will pose better for an old lecherous man than a young lecherous man?

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    The #23 was on pole position.
    Was there a post race celebration?

Racing Box..it was just a team in the Italian GT Championship up to some years ago. A friend of my father used to drive for them Piergiuseppe Perazzini, winning the title in 2003 and 2004 with the Viper GTS-R before of switching to the new Maserati MC12.
    I should have some pics laying around of the Mugello's round of the 2005 championship.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Thread Information