Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 327 chev vs 340-6 pack chrysler vs 351 cleveland

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

327 chev vs 340-6 pack chrysler vs 351 cleveland

what engine do you think is best? 327 chev, 340-6 pack chrysler or a 351 cleveland ford?

Stop making new threads please, especially after saying what you said in the other one:

"good for you, you go die, couldnt care less who you voted for"
    www.flickr.com/photos/maestro_ng

i have the right to post as many threads just as much as anyone else using this website does thankyou, you dont like it, dont bother replying to it ****head.

Quote Originally Posted by thevipermanv10 View Post
    i have the right to post as many threads just as much as anyone else using this website does thankyou, you dont like it, dont bother replying to it ****head.
    Rage much?

I'm not saying you have no right to post threads on the website. I just don't understand the point in asking people for their opinion, then tells them that you don't really care? I happily answered your other thread, but was shocked to see your rude and insensitive statement.

Respect other members please.
    www.flickr.com/photos/maestro_ng

ok, sorry dude, just i have had a bad day and i am taking it out on others, i know, my fault, sorry...

351 cleveland!

although, depends what car each engine is in though.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

the cleveland is a very strong engine, runs very hard, i know a guy that has one in his car, its LOUD!

I would pick the small block chevy. It's much cheaper to get power out of it compared to ford and chrysler.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

I'll take the Chevy.
    Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain one as an adult.

Its a pity you said Cleveland and not Windsor.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv View Post
    I would pick the small block chevy. It's much cheaper to get power out of it compared to ford and chrysler.
    I think with the abundance of aftermarket parts for Ford and Dodge from places like Summit, this is largely a myth.

For my money, I'd take the Cleveland. Plenty of power without too much weight, tank-like reliability. The chevy is, well, a bit boring, and not as well constructed, and the Dodge's 3-carb setup will be touchy.
    Cougar. Impala. Road Runner. Mustang. Barracuda. Marlin. Cobra. Wildcat. Falcon. Hornet. Tiger. Jaguar. Colt. Bronco. Viper. Bagheera. Gremlin. Stingray. Firebird. Pinto. Thunderbird. Eagle. Skylark.

Protect the Wildlife. Don't crush them, restore them.

Quote Originally Posted by unixrevolution View Post
    I think with the abundance of aftermarket parts for Ford and Dodge from places like Summit, this is largely a myth.

For my money, I'd take the Cleveland. Plenty of power without too much weight, tank-like reliability. The chevy is, well, a bit boring, and not as well constructed, and the Dodge's 3-carb setup will be touchy.
    That came from my uncle who's an engine builder. He builds all three and still says the chevy is better and cheaper to get power out of. I think he has about $2,000 into his BBC drag engine, basically a truck engine, with good pistons, rod and crank, putting out about 575 at the crank. Can a ford or chrysler do the same?(yes I am biased towards chevys)
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv View Post
    That came from my uncle who's an engine builder. He builds all three and still says the chevy is better and cheaper to get power out of. I think he has about $2,000 into his BBC drag engine, basically a truck engine, with good pistons, rod and crank, putting out about 575 at the crank. Can a ford or chrysler do the same?(yes I am biased towards chevys)
    Judging by unix's avatar, he's biased towards Fords.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Judging by unix's avatar, he's biased towards Fords.
    haha good work sherlock
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by unixrevolution View Post
    For my money, I'd take the Cleveland. Plenty of power without too much weight, tank-like reliability.
    Speaking from the land which became the 'home of the Cleveland', I will venture this:

That engine was heavy, a real porker.
    By design it was beset by chronic oiling problems (in racing applications).
    Huge ports meant (comparitively) not much torque at lower revs, they needed revs to really fly
    It sounded fantastic and in its day was fast as hell.

Listen to Aussie 351C guru Dick Johnson's Falcon XE touring car as he guns for pole during qualifying for the '83 Bathurst 1000 km event.

A previous winner and set to do it again, in clearly the fastest car in the race. It was all looking so good for the Super Dick, until...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpNqdpVebMY"]YouTube - Dick Johnsons 1983 Bathurst Top Ten Qualifying Lap[/ame]

Btw engine-builder Johnson admitted to briefly using up to 8,000 rpm in the big Clevo, which was manufactured here until 1984. Those fat rear tyres were off a Porsche 935 - the widest race tyre available at that time - but initially they couldn't handle the weight of the big Falcon and used to literally pop the cords out of the sidewall. Not at Mt Panorama but on other circuits the car would develop a monumental vibration when loaded up through certain high-speed corners (enough to blur the drivers vision & knock the interior mirror off the windscreen!) and he'd pull into the pits with all these tyre cords hang out the side of the tyre!

Thread Information