Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: what's an R34 worth?

sleepy hollow (not really, but it might as well be)

what's an R34 worth?

hey guys, just wondering what the sticker for a 1999-2002 skyline GTR is worth these days. got a mate telling me how he's gonna buy one as a first car, i just wanna shit in his face LOL. couple of problems, i thought it was about $80k, and its twin-turbo, so that wont go down well with the local blues.

well a GTR will cost you about 80 grand, but GTS and GTS-T's can be had for alot cheaper.

yea, gts's are alot cheaper than gtr's, but i cant see him getin one as a first car, Unless he's a rich fella, oh yea, r32 gtr's you can get for about 20grand i think...
    UCP's Most Hardcore 2 Door Performance Car Freak

UCP's Most Hardcore Fitness Freak

Im Going To Be A Millionare At 17

Argue Me If You Want ^^

Yeah, they are expensive. I haven't seen what one is imported to the US.
    "You know what these trees and old people have in common? They're both going in the ground soon!" - Bam Margera

"The day the New York Times defines what Country Music is will be the day I shave my legs with a butter knife." - John Rich, of the country band Big and Rich

I'll be 15 on Feb. 18th, so buy me a drink! (Hint: Don't look at it as the decimal number. <smirks>)

maybe he's a rich dude, or gettin a car that has been beaten to dead.......the R34's are expensive, but not that much in australia, comparing to the USA where they charge you around 20g's(its somewhere around that, probably less) just for importing it, then whatever the cost of the car is.....
    1993 nissan 240sx hatchback(stock) <<drifter, straight liner, road courser

"Horsepower is the force that determines how fast you hit the wall. Torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races" - Carroll Shelby

"Real cars don't make power at the front wheels....they lift them."

I thought it was $1000 to import. Now that I think about it, I don't think you can import a Skyline to the US unless you get it through a company who has spent the time and money to not only get it to pass emissions, but crash test two or three cars.
    "You know what these trees and old people have in common? They're both going in the ground soon!" - Bam Margera

"The day the New York Times defines what Country Music is will be the day I shave my legs with a butter knife." - John Rich, of the country band Big and Rich

I'll be 15 on Feb. 18th, so buy me a drink! (Hint: Don't look at it as the decimal number. <smirks>)

thats why i said $20k(should be less expensive, but around that), i've researched some on that, not that i wanna get a skyline, but companies like motorex and some others do charge a lot(upwards of $10k), they do all the papers/ pass US customs and emissions and crash testing(they have the papers for that i guess) and all the other stuff that an imported car has to pass through.
    as far as i know there's about 3 skylines(probably more) in my area......tho i haven't seen 1......yet.
    1993 nissan 240sx hatchback(stock) <<drifter, straight liner, road courser

"Horsepower is the force that determines how fast you hit the wall. Torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races" - Carroll Shelby

"Real cars don't make power at the front wheels....they lift them."

sleepy hollow (not really, but it might as well be)
    yeah, thats all good guys, but we're talking about australia here. victoria furthermore. the feds here would defect it as soon as it hit the road if he even did so much as lower it (so im told) the car is twin-turbo (illegal on P plates). his old man is going to match him dollar for dollar, which means, he will have to save $40k to buy it. how many 16 y/o's do you all know that have $40k?
    still, its always nice to dream huh? but then, if you keep your goals low, you wont be so disappointed. me myself, im getting an s13 silvia when i get my Ps. driving a mirage now.

I'm in Perth, last time I saw an R34 GTR in Unique Cars, it was about $90000. R32 GTR at a car import yard was $30K.
    http://autojapan.com.au/ is the place in Perth.

R34 GTR??? for a V spec 2 imported without compliance its over 100k, thats to any state of australia, for a norm 34 GTR try 90k +compliance, he'll need minimum 45k to get it then if his dads gunna match $ for $. As you said its illegal in victoria, no turbos, under 3.5L in displacement (borderline even non turbo) or its some amount of power also, cant be over 160kw or something, Sucks to be a young driver in victoria, its the worst out of any state by far! cant get ur Ps till ur 18 as opposed to 17 everywhere else, have power and displacement limits on the cars you can have, and coppers that are out to hunt you down! Im so glad i only commute to Victoria, not live there!
    Last edited by Blue Supra; 10-18-2004 at 01:25 AM.
    The Datto will rage again...

oh and a GTS-T 34 is still over 30k, and thats a cheap, prolly automatic one!

I will Tel you Guy's>

Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R $90,000

Nissan Skyline R34 GT-T $50-60,000

Nissan Skyline R34 GT-S $30-45,000

And when i was at the Gold Coast This Guy had a YELLOW GT-S he said it was Used and he got it for $37,100.
    I no my Skylines
    I like your style, I like your class, but most of all I like your ass! I'm not a tease; I'm just a reminder of what you can't Plz

But if you want a V-SPEC R34 GT-R it's over $100,000 Brand New Trust me it's Worth it.
    I like your style, I like your class, but most of all I like your ass! I'm not a tease; I'm just a reminder of what you can't Plz

you cant get a brand new R34 anything! they dont make them anymore!
    and i want to know where you got those prices from, some are too cheap and some are too expensive to me, also what about a GTS-T? i dont think you know them as well as you think?

Quote Originally Posted by pimento
    I'm in Perth, last time I saw an R34 GTR in Unique Cars, it was about $90000. R32 GTR at a car import yard was $30K.
    http://autojapan.com.au/ is the place in Perth.
    thats a HELLUVA nice Supra on the front page there...
    *drools*

Thread Information