Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do you like cars?

Quote Originally Posted by targa
    oh, and i have a little penis
    uhhh, WTF?
    I like SUVs because they can tow my 36 foot sailboat.

Ever since I was born i've been obsessed with anything cars.

When I was 1 when ever I went past a petrol station I siad Beeeeeeh.....Ppppppp (B.P)

I'm just fascinated with each and every car. I'm fascinated with my mums Corona cause its such a reliable and comfortable car. I'm fascinated with the Porsche 911 Turbo cause its such a fast car, while still being pracitcal. With every car I see I can always see one good thing in it. Maybe its that, trying to find the best in a car. I want the world to be more informed when buying a car, and not to think of it as mere transportation from A to B, but more as an experience. I guess thats part of why I want to be a Motoring Journalist. Informing people of what to drive and why. I can walk into a car park and name every single car without looking at a badge. Most people, even myself sometimes, would call this obsessive but I really am in love with cars. In some cases i'm much more interested in common cars rather than the ones that everyone like (e.g Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc) because so little emphasis is put on common cars and its more fun learning about them.

And that pretty much sums it up?

well theres alot that needs explaining, but cannot be explaind
    your brain just takes over and just thinks about cars and makes you obsessed
    then you develop a taste for cars
    then you would start watching programs like top gear or fith gear
    then it will all be added up to obsessiveness!
    Quote Originally Posted by Decave
    uhhh, WTF?
    thats what i wanna know...
    There is 3 people on a boat with loads of children running around it, the 3 people are: 1. Bob geldof, 2. Ozzy Osbourne, and 3. Micheal jackson, they're sailing out for the G8 live aid, they've hit a rock and they're sinking, bob says: "save the children!" ozzy says: "Fuc the children!"

Micheal says "have we got time?"

I just noticed, I think it started with my absolute love of the smell of oil/gasoline in my apartment building's parking garage at the age of 4-9. Then I moved and I was already liking automobiles.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    I just noticed, I think it started with my absolute love of the smell of oil/gasoline in my apartment building's parking garage at the age of 4-9. Then I moved and I was already liking automobiles.
    yeah, i love that smell too
    pondering things

^^ my dad rebuilt the engine of his mini on the living room floor, when i was 6. it fascinated me, but i hated the oil

well, at the moment i like them because of the design aspects, but i love driving aswell.

im just on the roads at the moment, (on my L's) i have another 48 hours left of on the road time till i can get my P's!! lol.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    ^^ my dad rebuilt the engine of his mini on the living room floor, when i was 6. it fascinated me, but i hated the oil
    thats awsome, i had a 600cc honda bike engine in my living room, but it wasnt being rebuilt
    Last edited by targa; 03-12-2005 at 08:42 PM.
    pondering things

Quote Originally Posted by targa
    thats awsome, i had a 600cc honda bike engine in my living room, but it wasnt being rebuilt
    you should have seen the oil stains on the floor good thing we were renting at the time

not for the owner of the house it isnt. my parents would flip if the guys that we are renting to did that!
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

It's hard to say why I like cars. Well one of the reasons was my dad. He is also a major car freak. When I was about 5 I was obsessed with trucks, I dunno why then I just caught onto cars. Ever since I cought onto cars well I sorta forgot about the whole truck thing. So virtually once you truelly like cars it's like a disease, you can't stop obsessing about them. I'm CAR CRAZY!!!!
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

what do you mean p's and l's? here we just take a test get our permit where we can drive with an adult, then 6 months later we take another test and we can drive by oursleves then
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    what do you mean p's and l's? here we just take a test get our permit where we can drive with an adult, then 6 months later we take another test and we can drive by oursleves then
    learner's license and provisional license. you get your learners at 16, drive with an instructor (dad), then get your provisional license at 17.

L's (learners) are where we have to drive with a fully licenced driver, for 50 hours. then, we take another test, and we get our provisional licence (P's). where we can drive alone, without our full licence.

the P's have limits on how many people you can have in a car at once, and how fast your legaly allowed to go.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey
    learner's license and provisional license. you get your learners at 16, drive with an instructor (dad), then get your provisional license at 17.
    ah, here its learners at 15, provincial at 16, at least its not as bad as england
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Thread Information