Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Forthcoming Events in NSW - inviting all Aussie UCP members who wish to meet up.

Forthcoming Events in NSW - inviting all Aussie UCP members who wish to meet up.

The July-November period is always a great period for car club displays/race meetings and rallys. I'm going to list all the events I know of. I'm not sure I'll get to all of them, but I'll certainly get to some of the events. If fellow UCP members who can get to any of the events wish to meet up, we can make arrangements.

The list is as follows:

1. All French Car Day - 15 July
    2. All Holden Car Day - 5 August
    3. All Ford Car Day - 12 August
    4. V8 Supercar Meeting at Oran Park - 19 August
    5. Shannons All Clubs Classic Display at Eastern Creek - 26 August
    6. Australian Muscle Car Magazine Muscle Car Masters at Eastern Creek - 1-2 September
    7. Historic Car Racing at Eastern Creek - 15-16 Sept
    7. Burwood Classic Car Display - 16 September
    8. V8 Supercars - the Bathurst 1000 at Bathurst - 6-7 October
    9. Sydney Motor Show - 11-21 October
    10. Festival of Sporting Cars at Wakefield Park near Goulburn - 20-21 October
    11. Highlands Motorfest at Moss Vale south of Sydney - 28 October
    12. All Chrysler Day - November 4.
    13. Cooma Motorfest - November 10.

And finally of course there's Classic Adelaide (yes I know - that's not in NSW) on November 21-15.

These are just the events I've found. Many I knew about from past years. A few others I found while looking at the upcoming events guide in Australian Classic Car Magazine.

The events I definitely plan to attend are the Shannons All Clubs Classic Display, the AMC Muscle Car Masters, the Sydney Motor Show and the Burwood Classic Car Display.

I'll probably go to the All-French Day, the All-Holden day and the All-Ford day. And I'll go to Oran Park for the V8s if anyone else is going. The others will depend on my level of interest as the event nears.
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

Starting with the All-French Day. Its next weekend, on Sunday the 15th, at Silverwater Park, Silverwater. Very close to Parramatta. Details available here: http://www.uniquecarsandparts.com.au...ate=2007-07-15

I'm keen to go. No mention of cost of entry - but its probably only a few dollars. So, anyone interested in joining me there?
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

After that, early next month, we have the All Holden and All Ford days. I've been to the All Ford day a few times - and its a great, relaxed event. I'm quite keen to get to the Holden day this year - the only slight problem being that its further away from where I live.

The All Holden Day is on the 5 August at the Hawkesbury Showgrounds, Racecourse Road, Clarendon, NSW. This is near the outlying Sydney suburb of Windsor. Windsor is a nice little town - worth the journey by itself. Add in a large gathering of Holdens, and it seems like a great day. Full details here: www.allholdenday.com.au. Will probably cost a few dollars to get into.

The All Ford Day is on the 12 August at Warwick Farm, near Liverpool. Full details here: http://www.uniquecarsandparts.com.au...date=2007-8-12
    I think the All Ford Days costs about $5 to get into.

So, anyone interested in these two days?

If i can swing work I'll be keen to go to Number 5, 6, 9 and 10. And of course classic Adelaide.

The Cooma one shouldn't be difficult to rustle up canberran support for, either.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

The two big weekends at Eastern Creek at the end of August and start of September will be well worth going to.
    The Shannons All Clubs Classic Display on Sunday 26 August will feature about 2,000 cars from almost every marque that has sold cars in Australia. Its a huge event - and necessary to get there quite early in the day. Cyco, Nota and I all met up for this event last year. Entry is $10.

The Australian Muscle Car Masters is becoming a major event on the calender. Its on the week after the All Clubs Classic display on Sunday September 2. Full details here: http://www.chevron.com.au/musclecar_masters.html
    For anyone interested in watching old Australian Touring cars out on track or reliving Australia's rich muscle car heritage, this is the event to go to.
    This event won't be cheap - will cost $39.50 according to Ticketmaster's website.
    But I feel it will still be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    If i can swing work I'll be keen to go to Number 5, 6, 9 and 10. And of course classic Adelaide.

The Cooma one shouldn't be difficult to rustle up canberran support for, either.
    Its probably worth a trip down to both the Wakefield and Cooma events for us Sydney guys too.

Quote Originally Posted by motorsportnerd View Post
    This event won't be cheap - will cost $39.50 according to Ticketmaster's website.
    i don't have $39.50
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

You can owe me.

It's reasonably cheap for these sorts of things, i guess.

The Bathurst 1000 is on early October. Of course, this is the premier motorsport event in Australia (with all apologies to the Australian F1 Grand Prix).
    Its probably too late to organise a UCP weekend there - as accommodation would be all booked out by now.
    But we could organise to meet up at someone's place for the day or even to start out from Sydney and Canberra very early in the morning and still actually go to the event. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    i don't have $39.50
    That's the most expensive event other than Bathurst or the cost of getting to Classic Adelaide. The other events are cheaper. Go to one of those.

That's the most expensive event other than Bathurst or the cost of getting to Classic Adelaide. The other events are cheaper. Go to one of those.
    okay. but since they're all during semester the chances are low, and i'd be a last minute addition
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

The Bathurst 1000 is on early October. Of course, this is the premier motorsport event in Australia (with all apologies to the Australian F1 Grand Prix).
    Its probably too late to organise a UCP weekend there - as accommodation would be all booked out by now.
    But we could organise to meet up at someone's place for the day or even to start out from Sydney and Canberra very early in the morning and still actually go to the event. Any thoughts?
    I'd need precise dates to organise work and School.

Provided i'm not being rostered or have an assessment piece on, It might be worth doing.

Bathurst 1000 - Sunday 7 October.

.....i think it can be arranged.

anyone else up for it?

Will be a long day if we're going to Bathurst and not staying over. Which is why another option could be to meet at someone's house and watch on a biggish screen TV.
    My TV is reasonably big, my lounge has a bit of space and I can organise a few more chairs before then. Fridge is a very short stumble from the TV. Always an option.

Thread Information