Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugatti Veyron vs SSC Standard Aero

Bugatti Veyron vs SSC Standard Aero

Specs: The SSC Specs are for the Standard SSC, the Ultimate runs 1050 HP and is currently in testing now.

Engine
    Veyron:
    16-cyl Quad Turbo
    Standard Aero:
    Modified C5-R (Corvette Racing Block) Supercharged

HP/TORQUE
    Veyron:
    1001 HP and 922 lb/ft
    Standard Aero:
    908 HP and 771 lb/ft

Zero-60
    Veyron:
    est. 3s, i've heard 2.9s as tested and 2.5s was the claim
    Sandard Aero:
    2.94s

Weight
    Veyron:
    4162 lbs
    Standard Aero:
    2,720 lbs.

Top Speed
    Veyron:
    253 mph
    Standard Aero:
    249 mph

Quater Mile
    Veyron:
    N/A
    Standard Aero:
    10.44 @ 138 mph

Other Facts
    Veyron:
    0-180 in 14s
    Standard Aero:
    0-100-0 in 11.66s
    1.03g on skidpad

I can't wait for the Ultimate Aero Stats!

Jamaica, New York, USA... for now, out in the DR studyin!
    since ur new, i wont burn u, but for comparisons such as these, make a poll. it helps to see what people think, and they respond to it as well.
    WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE OVERCOMES THE LOVE OF POWER, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE!!!!!!!!!!
    -Jimi Hendrix

thanks for the advice, but nonetheless, what'd you think?

Ultima GTR

Engine
    Ex-Chevy American Speed 377ci + Supercharger

Horsepowers/torques
    640bhp / 545lb ft

0-60
    2.7s

Weight
    990kg / 2183lbs

Top Speed
    Achieved = 200mph
    Gearing = 230mph

Quarter mile
    10.5s@140mph*
    "* NOTE- The standing quarter mile time would be at least two tenths of a second faster if tested at an official drag strip as it uses a timing system which is configured differently to the Microsat GPS equipment operated by Datron. Also a seasoned drag strip would provide increased traction, which would reduce times even further."

Other facts
    0-100-0 world record holder at 9.8s
    0-100 5.5s
    30-70 2.0s
    1.176g

And it costs a hell of a lot less than either the Veyron or the SSC Ugly.

You could probably buy 11 Ultimas instead of the Veyron.
    Thanks for all the fish

I cant belive that... i dont see how it works can somebody please explain it 2 me..
    The ssc aero has 908 hp and runs a 10.44 down the quarter ? with that amount of power shouldn it be doing a better time possibly in the 8's or 9's? its jus a theory of mine seein as here in aus weve got 500HP torana's doing 10's

Quote Originally Posted by KeRmIt
    I cant belive that... i dont see how it works can somebody please explain it 2 me..
    Power ≠ Speed

That's clear enough isn't it.
    Thanks for all the fish

SSC Standard Aero is an ugly car. I'd get neither but if I was filthy, stinking rich I'd get the Veyron.
    "Someone's sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago." -Warren Buffett

Quote Originally Posted by KeRmIt
    The ssc aero has 908 hp and runs a 10.44 down the quarter ? with that amount of power shouldn it be doing a better time possibly in the 8's or 9's? its jus a theory of mine seein as here in aus weve got 500HP torana's doing 10's
    Yeah, but they probably have the racing suspension, stripped out etc.

And I would take the Ultima over any of these cars anyday..

Over any car in fact.
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

Quote Originally Posted by JakRcr
    thanks for the advice, but nonetheless, what'd you think?
    I for one am not exactly sure what I'm looking at here... One is fat, luxorious beast and the other one is a "never was"... If you're trying to prove that apart from topspeed the Veyron have quite modest stats for its power, you're right, the weight part is to blame. With the SSC I'm just not sure, the only things I've seen and heard about it has been provided by the company itself, like earlier speculated I still havn't seen proof that more than one was even made (I havn't been looking though, so feel free to prove me wrong with a pic with more than one in it or numbers)... I have no idea how the SSC handles nor if the stats are exaggurated, where is the proof? Other than that I think that both are pretty neat cars in their own way. During the time the Aero SC/8T (assume we're talking about that) was actively marketed IIRC it seemed like pretty good bang for its buck. At least on paper.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    I take a Tommykaira ZZII over any of these except for the Veyron. Btw can someone please post specs of the ZZII? I've been trying to look for them lately but couldn't find much.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

I think the SSC is going to be tested with a few of the big magazines, so I guess we'll finally get to see what the deal is.
    -the website is www.sscautos.com there they have the stats for the car, but i don't think the Ultimate Aero stats are up there yet.
    Last edited by JakRcr; 09-29-2005 at 09:08 AM.

That car should be running high 9's it takes atleast 1100hp to get into 8's with a car.

the ssc i way better looking then the veyron. also is it american made?

The ultima GTR and Tommy Kaira ZZII are both great cars, but are more or less kit cars. Cars like the Veyron, SSC, Hennessey Viper (argueable), and McLaren were built to be over all supercars. Don't get angry at me though, I can respect the latter, but the Ultima nor ZZII can touch the Veyron, SSC, or Mclaren in top speed. The Veyron and SSC also have amenities such as leather seats, sound systems, etc. 1100 hp cars can go 8's but they are geared for the track, and usually have nitrous. It's not as hard to build a car to be very quick ie the Ultima and ZZII but to reach breakneck speeds of 240+, have sub 3s 60 times, 10s 1/4 mile, basically performing in every aspect, now that's a different story.

the ssc i way better looking then the veyron. also is it american made?
    American made, with a modified C5 R block.
    Last edited by JakRcr; 09-29-2005 at 02:51 PM.

Cars like the Veyron, SSC, Hennessey Viper (argueable), and McLaren were built to be over all supercars.
    The Hennessey Viper cannot be considered a "supercar" if the Ultima cannot.

The Ultima is purposefully designed to provide the supercar experience on a budget from day one. It is testament to the excellent design and engineering standards that the original concept was built to that the mere change of engine and transmission can turn a very good car into one that will out perform everything built by the world's "leading" supercar manufacturers.

Not only can it outperform anything that these manufacturers produce, but it does not require an army of highly qualified engineers to build - you can do it yourself. A feat which I find all the more impressive.

The Viper is a mere modification of a car designed to be a reasonably quick roadster that gives impressive numbers for magazine publications.

As the Viper was never designed to be an "overall supercar" it follows that any vehicle achieved by only fettling the engine a bit cannot be an "overall supercar" either.

but the Ultima nor ZZII can touch the Veyron, SSC, or Mclaren in top speed.
    An utterly futile argument.

Outside of Ehra, by fairly respectable accounts, only TWO of the 64 road going McLaren F1s have been driven at their top speeds.

I find the notion that any SSC or Veyron owners will find the neccessary time, or put in the neccessary effort, to get their vehicle to a location suitable enough to attempt a top speed run laughable.

Lets face it - unless you can shut down tha autobahn to traffic, are a test driver for VAG, or wish to modify your car for the Bonneville Salt Flats - there isn't really anywhere you can get close to their top speeds.

Even at a private facility such as Nardo you won't get close, due to the banking.

The only reason the Ultima hasn't been driven more than 200mph is because there isn't a desserted runway long enough in the UK!

The Veyron and SSC also have amenities such as leather seats, sound systems,
    The Veyron and SSC also cost many times more than the other cars, and as such they are expected to have such features.

I bet that if one were willing, it would be simple enough to fit such "exclusive" technologies to an Ultima. I'm fairly sure that a production version of the ZZII would be fitted with such things anyway, or at least they would be on the options list.

What you are paying for with "supercars" is not pathitic gimmicks like a stereo, but the time, effort and attention to detail that has been put in by the designers and engineers.

Virtually every component on the McLaren F1 was tailor made for the car - that is why it cost £600,000+ NOT because it could do 220mph+, or because it had leather seats.

It's not as hard to build a car to be very quick ie the Ultima and ZZII but to reach breakneck speeds of 240+, have sub 3s 60 times, 10s 1/4 mile, basically performing in every aspect, now that's a different story.
    I fail to see that the difference between an estimated 230 mph from Ultima and an estimated 249mph from SSC equates to "a different story".

Is it more or less difficult to build a car that can do 200mph+, sub 3s 60 times, 10s 1/4 mile, and that can be built at home by the owner?

The Ultima clearly outperforms nearly all other supercars in all aspects - including one that the others cannot - price!
    Thanks for all the fish

Thread Information