Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Simca 1200 S Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    any further plans with the car? For me it is one those cars that die out pretty fast before you realise that there only very few left.
    I haven't really decided yet. I have another car that needs more attention.

For some time I will only do more or less what is necessary to keep it rolling. However, right now I'm restoring the brakes (new discs, new break hoses, restoration of calipers etc).

It is when you need spare parts you realize that this car is almost a forgotten car. I have to search all over Europe to find parts. In Sweden only 16 of these cars were sold new (all in -68) and today there are not many are left.

Quote Originally Posted by MartB View Post
    I haven't really decided yet. I have another car that needs more attention.

For some time I will only do more or less what is necessary to keep it rolling. However, right now I'm restoring the brakes (new discs, new break hoses, restoration of calipers etc).

It is when you need spare parts you realize that this car is almost a forgotten car. I have to search all over Europe to find parts. In Sweden only 16 of these cars were sold new (all in -68) and today there are not many are left.
    other car being?
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

other car being?
    I'm probably a bit crazy because my other car is more unusual than the 1200 S (Why make things easy?). It's actually another one on your oddball corners list: René Bonnet Djet.

I'm probably a bit crazy because my other car is more unusual than the 1200 S (Why make things easy?). It's actually another one on your oddball corners list: René Bonnet Djet.
    An original RB or already a Matra? Very nice, and probably easier to score parts for, as this was already in its days a far more special car. I am really looking forward to the first UCP member, who will start collecting all cars from the oddball corner
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

An original RB or already a Matra? Very nice, and probably easier to score parts for, as this was already in its days a far more special car. I am really looking forward to the first UCP member, who will start collecting all cars from the oddball corner
    It's a quite early CRB1.
    It's not very easy to find parts for it, but still maybe easier than for the 1200 S.

If I had the space, the time and the money, I would probably be in the danger zone of collecting them all. I really adore some of those odd things, especially if they are French or Italian.

It's a quite early CRB1.
    It's not very easy to find parts for it, but still maybe easier than for the 1200 S.

If I had the space, the time and the money, I would probably be in the danger zone of collecting them all. I really adore some of those odd things, especially if they are French or Italian.
    i'll be heading soon for the LeMans Classic, not only the cars on track will be of great interest, but also the french clubs: Jide, Fournier&Marcadier, Sovam, Matra, Panhard, DB....

i'll be heading soon for the LeMans Classic, not only the cars on track will be of great interest, but also the french clubs: Jide, Fournier&Marcadier, Sovam, Matra, Panhard, DB....
    Sounds wonderful. I need to go to Le Mans Classic sometime, but this year I will have to pass. I went to France on a Djet meeting about a month ago, which was also very nice.

Sounds wonderful. I need to go to Le Mans Classic sometime, but this year I will have to pass. I went to France on a Djet meeting about a month ago, which was also very nice.
    So the Djet is in full running order. Good.

I'll put up some pics from LeMans...

Edit: Actually the Djets are eligible for Tour Auto....but if you want to enter a Simca engine you'll need a CG.
    Last edited by henk4; 06-17-2008 at 06:47 AM.

So the Djet is in full running order. Good.

I'll put up some pics from LeMans...

Edit: Actually the Djets are eligible for Tour Auto....but if you want to enter a Simca engine you'll need a CG.
    No, unfortunately it's not. I went without my car.

I saw several CG:s and a DB in France as well. They had meeting in the same area. Really nice cars also.

Thanks for putting up pictures.

From an old Simca 1200 S brochure.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gee, what a nice car, Mart. I do like the colour, but was that standard on the car. It suit tha cars bodylines 100%. I will post some pix later today or morrow on the one i'm viewing today. If its nice i will buy it for restauration.
    I'm just an oldhustler trapped in a hotrodders world
    I have been doing so much with so little for so long I can do anything with nothing.
    Fiberglass is traditional.From Malmesbury,South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by willysjeep View Post
    Gee, what a nice car, Mart. I do like the colour, but was that standard on the car. It suit tha cars bodylines 100%. I will post some pix later today or morrow on the one i'm viewing today. If its nice i will buy it for restauration.
    Thank you very much willysjeep. Yes, it is the cars original colour. If I remember correctly it´s called Bleu Estoril.
    René Bonnet Djet
    Simca 1200 S Coupé

Try to post something.

Hello from Italy.

Quote Originally Posted by Umberto Cattani View Post
    Try to post something.

Hello from Italy.
    welcome, go ahead.

Thread Information