294. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1993 Supra Twin Turbo

98 33.33%
  • !999 Skyline-R34 GT-R

196 66.67%
Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Supra vs Skyline

Quote Originally Posted by Keith
    What you guys think of the new concept R35?
    The new r35 concept scares me a bit to be honest. looking at some of the output and top end speeds its predicted to produce stock is a little disconcerting (isnt it supposed to be the first 300kph car out of japan?). as a young driver i often see young blokes who have been saving n working hard for like 4 years jump from a stock VN commodore into a r33 skyline or something along those lines and mess themselves (and the car) up totally. all i can see is in in 8 or so years wen they become afforadable to younger drivers is a higher road toll. but it does look pretty sweet, even i have to admit that.
    The Datto will rage again...

It is a fair point, but consider these two things. Firstly, there are far more powerful cars available on the road. Also for less money you could buy many other performance cars and make them powerful enough to be faster than the R35.

Secondly how the car is driven is the responsibility of the driver, and a person in a 1600 cc Corolla is just as capable of killing themselves and others in a crash caused by their own stupidity as a person driving a twin-turbo 3.5 V6 skyline.

I think that enhanced performance is fine, provided safety technology improves and is implemented at a similar rate.
    That depends on what your definition of the word 'is' is - US President Bill Clinton

I'd definitely support the Supra (post 97-98 without the VVTi shit).. however i've seen stock GTR-R33 kick sup-ass.. still, no harm liking wat u have!

Quote Originally Posted by Nildo
    Secondly how the car is driven is the responsibility of the driver, and a person in a 1600 cc Corolla is just as capable of killing themselves and others in a crash caused by their own stupidity as a person driving a twin-turbo 3.5 V6 skyline.

I think that enhanced performance is fine, provided safety technology improves and is implemented at a similar rate.
    Sadly its true. fortunately in my area of Oz theres a course which Provisional driver 6months+ can do to get an extra 4 demerit points. the course oinvolves studying crashes and their causes. this had an impact on me and i drive more carefully now because of it. At least the governments realised sumthing needs to be done about the youth road toll.

I think that sounds like a good initiative. Really though, much of the problem stems from 2 areas. One is young experimentation. Youth and young adults don't often consider their own mortality and the cessation of their life as the result of automotive irresponsibility. This was certainly true for myself, and many of my friends. The second big problem is pride and the need to be accepted, which often is gained through performing acts like driving stupidly, too fast, drunk, stunt driving etc etc. ad nauseum. Really unless we can deter people from being naturally stupid and self destructive due to inexperience we wont reduce the road toll for young drivers. And how succsessful has the anti-smoking campaign been?

PS what was wrong with the Supra gaining VVTi on the inlet cam? Or were you referring to something else?
    That depends on what your definition of the word 'is' is - US President Bill Clinton

Is this A Joke!!!!!!!!!!?? The skyline crushes the supra anyday of the week!

by crush what do you mean? these cars performance are very similar
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

there is no way a supra twin turbo can beat an r34 GTR.. a skyline runs with an rb26 a supra.. i have no idea.. i dont waste my time lookin' at supra's engines n shit..

Quote Originally Posted by SkyLineRz[GanG]
    there is no way a supra twin turbo can beat an r34 GTR.. a skyline runs with an rb26 a supra.. i have no idea.. i dont waste my time lookin' at supra's engines n shit..
    Sounds like fanboy talk. You would need a lot more technical information before you can make that judgement. Are we talking stock cars?
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Hard to say. Supra has plain ol RWD and a nasty TT engine that's a full 400cc's bigger than the Skyline's, but the Skyline isn't sold here so that makes it more exotic to me. And to my eyes, the Skyline looks better to me. But what really bothers me about the Skyline is the stuff that comes after Skyline, like R34 V-spec-whatever-it-is. Whose bright idea was all that?
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyLineRz[GanG]
    i have one word for people like you... tools

Grow up and actual learn what youre babbling about, its known that the 2JZE engine in the Supra is capable of holding more HP then the RB26DET. maybe you should research the subject before you blast your mouth off about stuff you dont even know about.

I have been to many HKS sponsored Drag shows and I can tell you that the skyline always wins. Always. Now I am well aware that these vehicles have been heavily modified, but that goes for both cars. The key thing to remember is that the weight to power ratio is MUCH better for the Skyline that it is for the Supra. Plus the GTR is AWD and if my memory serves me, the Supra isnt.

a skyline runs with an rb26 a supra.. i have no idea.. i dont waste my time lookin' at supra's engines n shit..
    yes the skyline has the RB26. it is a good motor in its own right, but the supra has the 2JZ. en even better, stouter, and more reliable motor plus it is a more torquey motor than the RB. mabe you sould actually take the time to do the reasearch, then you'll make more educated statments than this jibberish

I have been to many HKS sponsored Drag shows and I can tell you that the skyline always wins.
    that would be because of fanboys like our pal skylinerz

The key thing to remember is that the weight to power ratio is MUCH better for the Skyline that it is for the Supra.
    how do you figure this? the skyline and supra weigh aprox. the same. and if you were to lighten both cars to the same extent you'd actually be able to get the supra chassis lighter.

Plus the GTR is AWD and if my memory serves me, the Supra isnt.
    this isnt much of an advantage outside of bragging rights, in a drag race a nice set of rubber will make up for any traction differences, same with around a road coarse. plus. RWD is more fun
    come on people this has been gone over a bazillion times, just get over it they are great cars alone, it is pointless to argue ver "which one is better" without even saying what its better at even then the question is pointless who cares their performance is so close its just down to a matter of preference and personal bias. ok now childeren off to math class
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

Quote Originally Posted by megotmea7
    yes the skyline has the RB26. it is a good motor in its own right, but the supra has the 2JZ. en even better, stouter, and more reliable motor plus it is a more torquey motor than the RB. mabe you sould actually take the time to do the reasearch, then you'll make more educated statments than this jibberish

that would be because of fanboys like our pal skylinerz

how do you figure this? the skyline and supra weigh aprox. the same. and if you were to lighten both cars to the same extent you'd actually be able to get the supra chassis lighter.

this isnt much of an advantage outside of bragging rights, in a drag race a nice set of rubber will make up for any traction differences, same with around a road coarse. plus. RWD is more fun
    come on people this has been gone over a bazillion times, just get over it they are great cars alone, it is pointless to argue ver "which one is better" without even saying what its better at even then the question is pointless who cares their performance is so close its just down to a matter of preference and personal bias. ok now childeren off to math class
    Done.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

well the thing is no matter how reliable or capable the stock motor is, when you push an engine to it's limit wtih these types of modifications which are inevitible when ur talking about skylines and supras, nothing will stop it from malfunctioning

when you squeeze 500 ftlbs of torque off a 2. something litre engine ... its under ALOT of stress

so yeah you can go and show off ur 1000 hp skyline or 1200 hp supra or wutever, but ill still have the satisfaction of knowing that ONE DAY maybe not today, maybe not tommorow, when you're doing a high speed burnout or donut or drag launch, you're going to bend a con rod, kill the clutch, blow a head gasket or piston right, put a hole in ur piston, knock the engine, ect and be humiliated in front of ur peers

Thread Information