Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • ACURA TL (270hp v6) (6mt) FWD

17 54.84%
  • MAZDASPEED6 GT (274hp turbo charged 4) (6mt) AWD

14 45.16%
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: mazdaspeed 6 vs TL

hello my name is Björgvin and i am from Iceland. i have got mazda6 MPS or mazdaspeed6 (2006) this is the first car here in Iceland and i am so happy about it.if someone here have a video of 2006 mazda MPS can you post it here or post the link thang you.

Acura TL with 270 HP?

Acura TL has 250 HP not 270.
    Common sense doesn't seem so common anymore...

Um... this is a rather old thread.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed6 View Post
    Acura TL has 250 HP not 270.
    Actually, I'm pretty sure it's 258 hp now. However, when this was posted it was stated that the TL's power was 270 (back in 2004/2005).

Now though the new Acura TL Type-S (3.5 liter V6 and has 286 hp) exists.
    "He who has overcome his fears will truly be free."

Why the Mazdaspeed6

Quote Originally Posted by teatako View Post
    why would anyone take the mazda? lets talk styling. i could never, ever, ever buy a car that has headlamps with 4 bulbs, polyellipsoidal lenses, whatever they are. and who could?!. they´re probably the stupidest thing ever seen in car styling. the TL´s front end might look a little cold, and robotic, but that car was styled with exquisite taste, details such as the chrome bar splitting the headlamp´s outer edges are the reason we should have faith in Honda´s designers. despite the american new civic.ugh

they dont sell mazdas here in mexico yet, i promise ill go check them out but i dont think for a second they will be better finished and have nicer colors than the TL. the mazdas dont even have leather.

secondly, despite the torque and power advantages of the 6, there´s still the question of how much heavier does awd makes the mazda, and how badly the turbo lag is, whereas in the TL, torque regardless of how much it is, will be instantly delivered and as predictable as sunrise.

and well, i really doubt the mazdas, having no leather seats, will have the equipment of the TL, such as hid xenons, LED taillights, technological gizmos, variable valve timing and a long etc

and to the guy who said a car with awd and a car were leather seats were "even" because of that: HUH?! how exactly?
    I don’t know what your talking about kid, I own Mazdaspeed 6 and I test drove an Acura TL and it sounds like you haven’t test drove either. As far as styling goes, beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder so if someone said a pinto is a beautiful car you can either respect that or shut up cause not everyone has the same opinions you do...With that being said lets look at some facts here (something you should have done before you posted your ignorant message). Mazdaspeed 6 has 274 HP and 280 TQ as opposed to the Acura TL with 258 HP and 238 TQ. The Mazdaspeed 6 carries a very advanced AWD system that you can also find within the Acura RL which is twice the price of the Speed6, and its the first car in the world to carry the DISI engine (Direct Inject Spark Inject) which means the injectors inject fuel directly on top of the cylinder head which eliminates almost all turbo lag due to tourqe curve that ends at approx 3000 rpm (right when the turbo kicks in). The features within the Mazdaspeed 6 are plentiful with HID XENONS (something you should have done some research on) traction control, 6 disc changer with Bose audio and Sirius satellite. It has a state of the art keyless entry system when only the card holder can unlock and operate the vehicle and if comes with 8 way power heated leather seats, etc, etc. The car itself pulls from 0-60 in 5.2 sec and 14 sec flat to cover the 1/4 mile where it takes the TL 5.9 to hit 60 MPH and the 1/4 mile in 14.7 sec. The Mazdaspeed 6 outperforms the TL in handling as well and its overall price is about $3000 lower. The Mazdaspeed 6 is a wonderful car with many options for a price that doesn’t leave you as broke as other cars with the same features and it will outrun many fast quick cars such as the 350Z, G35, SRT 4, WRX, and the list goes on. So the next time you post something please research the topic first. Like the saying goes research makes you look smarter.
    Last edited by Speed6; 06-11-2007 at 06:45 PM.

Research...

These are the websites used to collect information for the previously posted thread...

www.caranddriver.com
    www.motortrend.com
    www.mazdaspeedcentral.com
    www.google.com (my favorite)
    www.alltheweb.com
    www.car-stats.com

Enjoy...

To bad one of your sources doesn't agree it's a better car...then a Jetta...

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...ay-heroes.html

Price vs perormance

Yes ....the jetta is also $10000 dollars cheaper... and if you read the fine print you should see which car performs better... The jetta is the better VALUE car not the BETTER car...theres a difference... The jetta wins because you get a whole lot of car for a very small price...The mazdaspeed 6 is the best performing car of the bunch... thats something you failed to mention...

"The other force-fed car in the field is the long-awaited Mazdaspeed 6, with all-wheel drive and 274 horsepower available from a turbo version of Mazda's 2.3-liter four. That's almost enough to put the Mazda on an equal performance footing with bad boys like the Subaru Impreza WRX STI or Mitsubishi Evo, and it was more than enough to hustle the Mazda to the front of this pack in terms of sheer zoom-zoom." - Car and Driver

But, just because it performs better doesn't make it the best. It needs to be refined and fun to drive. Thats why the Jetta, Accord, and TSX all were ranked higher.

Mazda 6 should be compared against TSX (Europe/Japan Accord). They're of the same class. TL is slightly one step above.

Of course I'd get TL. Anyway, I would get TSX over Mazda 6 anyway.
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt View Post
    Mazda 6 should be compared against TSX (Europe/Japan Accord). They're of the same class. TL is slightly one step above.

Of course I'd get TL. Anyway, I would get TSX over Mazda 6 anyway.
    Yes the Accord isn't bad and it looks much better than the 6. A shame that the engine lineup is a bit short.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Fun to drive

Since this thread was opened in regards to the comparison of the speed 6 and the acura tl, i can assure you all the speed 6 is way more fun to drive... that is if you like driving all wheel drive vehicles...no tourqe steer and plenty of power with a sport tuned suspension...like i said i test drove both the speed 6 and tl and if performance is to your liking, you would perfer the mazda... and in my opinion, a car thats fun to drive is a car that will push you in your seat when your right foot asks it to and thats exactly what the speed 6 does way better then the tl, jetta, accord and tsx!!

If performance + Japan mid size sedan is concern - Subaru Legacy.
    www.secondaryperspective.blogspot.com

Who says performance is only acceleration?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck View Post
    Who says performance is only acceleration?
    Who says the Legacy is only good in straight line?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information