Thread: DJR HP320 Test drive

DJR HP320 Test drive

Courtesy of Carpoint, the sister website for Wheels, Motor, Street Machine and Unique Cars........

http://carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/revie...ry.asp?ID=6082

Maybe Ford should have kept theyre mouth shut about the potential, or lack thereof from the 5.4L. After they let out about supercharging is the onyl option, CAPA came out with a host of kits that top out at 525kw, and now naturally aspirated, Herrod already has 320kw from cams, intake and dual exhaust. As he said, if he raises the idle he can put a better cam, and if he raises the rev limiter theres more to be had as well....
    I am the Stig

Personally i think the where lieing trough their teeth....the funny thing in current 320kw form it still maintains driveability and manners other then a lump in the idle....lets just hope ford cathces n...if not lets gope DJs lighter vehicals come on line (and hopfully get hamoliglated for GT-P)

450kw supercharged version. Sweet. Should be a pinch. My brother in law just fitted a Vortech to our mates AU XR8 . About 300kw with exhaust and a few other bits here and there..
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

300kw is a pretty healthy figure for the AU V8, even if its the XR8 engine. CAPA's top line kit for the injected 302 only offers about that much on about 14psi so hopefully theres more life left in there. As far as ive heard though, the 450kw version was just something a HP320 customer got Herrod to add on additionally. Hopefully Herrod start selling the 520kw CAPA kit, as they jointly developed the 400kw kit.

Well i'd say the things DJR will get rid of are the 19" wheels, short shifter, racing brakes etc. as the brakes would take over $10K off the price.

How many units need to be produced for it to be eligible for GT-P? They've got the Mustang Cobra RA for Nations Cup and that was just something Herrod mocked up for Ford as a concept
    I am the Stig

Its actually a cobra R that herrod mocked up....it started life as a genuine cobra R but got fiddled with along the way im told...its also entered in nations cup as a cobra R.....
    If you get rid of the DVD player and alot of the other luxuarys they added in thatll knock alotof money and weight off the car...and hopfully they make that shaker andoption its funny looking! i actually saw one of these cars on the way to wrok...the shaker looks funny and i looks quite diffrent but thats mainly body kit...other then that it could of been a regular XT with abody kit and a funny looking bonnet edition.....but still it looked good and it does deliver the goods so whos complaining...im only hopeing they can crack the ecu....

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    300kw is a pretty healthy figure for the AU V8, even if its the XR8 engine. CAPA's top line kit for the injected 302 only offers about that much on about 14psi so hopefully theres more life left in there. As far as ive heard though, the 450kw version was just something a HP320 customer got Herrod to add on additionally. Hopefully Herrod start selling the 520kw CAPA kit, as they jointly developed the 400kw kit.

Well i'd say the things DJR will get rid of are the 19" wheels, short shifter, racing brakes etc. as the brakes would take over $10K off the price.

How many units need to be produced for it to be eligible for GT-P? They've got the Mustang Cobra RA for Nations Cup and that was just something Herrod mocked up for Ford as a concept
    Dynoed today with 230kw at the wheels.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

a 70kw drivetrain loss....that does seem rather high loss

Seems rather normal actually, i mean 230kw at the rears compared to a claimed 300kw at the flywheel makes sense, Motor got 225kw out of the rears from the GT and 222kw from the GTS remember.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500
    Its actually a cobra R that herrod mocked up....it started life as a genuine cobra R but got fiddled with along the way im told...its also entered in nations cup as a cobra R.....
    If you get rid of the DVD player and alot of the other luxuarys they added in thatll knock alotof money and weight off the car...and hopfully they make that shaker andoption its funny looking! i actually saw one of these cars on the way to wrok...the shaker looks funny and i looks quite diffrent but thats mainly body kit...other then that it could of been a regular XT with abody kit and a funny looking bonnet edition.....but still it looked good and it does deliver the goods so whos complaining...im only hopeing they can crack the ecu....

Cobra R is a trademark held by SVT for their special edition Mustang's. I think it would have been the 2001 Sydney Motor show that Ford rolled out a bright yellow convertible Mustang with the Cobra R bodykit and had it as a Cobra RA. The specs sheet read a 4.6L supercharged V8 at 280kw, and somehow thats managed to work its way into Nations Cup
    I am the Stig

Thread Information