Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Guitar Solo Contest

Best Guitar Solo Contest

Nominate the best guitar solo!

Include an mp3 clip if possible (very helpful). We'll all vote when this is over. Let's see how insane they can get

You can use this to create the clips: (From mp3 files)

http://www.mpesch3.de/
    Last edited by Egg Nog; 01-25-2005 at 10:55 PM.

I'd say "Since I've Been Loving You" by Led Zeppelin. The studio version on III and the live version on How the West was Won are equally good. Right behind that would be Clapton's "Little Wing" from Derek and the Dominoes' "Layla" album. No mp3s but I'm sure everyone's familiar with both of them and I can't really think of anything better.

Too many to chose from. moe.'s Kyle's Song > Brent Black that I saw was f***ing awesome, but the The Allman Brothers Band "In Memory of Elizabeth Reed" takes the cake, Duane and Dickey's Solo's are awesome.

Don't know how so, is there any way I can post music files from my computer on the forums instead of just links to the music?
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!" ~ Benjamin Franklin

If everything's under control, you're going too slow ~ Mario Andretti

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!" ~ [U]Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey into the Heart of the American Dream[/U]

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat77
    I'd say "Since I've Been Loving You" by Led Zeppelin. The studio version on III and the live version on How the West was Won are equally good. Right behind that would be Clapton's "Little Wing" from Derek and the Dominoes' "Layla" album. No mp3s but I'm sure everyone's familiar with both of them and I can't really think of anything better.
    Layla is a great song, and it can't get better than Eric Clapton and Duane Allman jamming. But I've never heard Eric Clapton do "Little Wing" but I have heard Stevie Ray Vaughn do it.
    VIVA FERRARI!!!!!!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy!" ~ Benjamin Franklin

If everything's under control, you're going too slow ~ Mario Andretti

"We can't stop here! This is bat country!" ~ [U]Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey into the Heart of the American Dream[/U]

Hey,

I am pressing to get .mp3 support up and working... in the mean time, just keep thinking

Jimi Hendrix, Star spangaled Banner / national anthem
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

yea that was insane Mustang. i watched it on the woodstock dvd, it was great. wish i could have been there.
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

Dragonforce: Fury of the Storm. Can't upload the mp3 yet but htis song is on the same album and it's got a pretty mad solo. Anybody else heard of 'em i'm gonna guess at no.

http://www.noiserecords.com/download...Will_Go_On.mp3

Artist: Walter Giardino (Argentinean)
    Song: Caceria

I'm only uploading the solo.... Take a minute and listen to it, the guy is awesome .
    Attached Files Attached Files

Led Zeppelin - Since I've Been Loving You
    Ozzy Orbourne - No More Tears
    Megadeth - Holy Wars
    Would it be possible, to play forever?
    The conclusion reached was that a player is inevitably doomed to lose.

how can i upload an mp3?
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

freebird by lynyrd skynyrd, green grass and high tides by the outlaws

great southern rock guitar solos
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Megadeth - Cowntdown To extincion (Marty's Solo)

aaa!

Eagles - Hotel California
    Last edited by ruim20; 01-27-2005 at 07:49 AM.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Any Rhandy Roads solo.
    Would it be possible, to play forever?
    The conclusion reached was that a player is inevitably doomed to lose.

Here's my go-

'Liberation' by Chicago on the Chicago Transit Authority is a 15 minute piece glorifying each instrument, moving from a quick intro including all to a 9 minute guitar solo (argueably one of the best EVER), then to the horns, then bass, then horns, quick vocals, and return to all. INCREDIBLE piece.

Another stunning solo is the live version of 'Comfortably Numb.' I know, I know, the studio version is good, but Gilmour's killer Fender Telecaster from the 'Is There Anybody Out There? 1980-81' live album kicks the shit out of the it. The tone it produces is one of the most powerful and ferocious noises I've ever heard.

Gimour did his best studio work on the 17 minute title track for Supertramp's 'Brother Where You Bound,' where he took the place of former bandmate Rodger Hodgson. WOW is all I can say.

Also give the live version of 'Dazed And Confused' from 'How The West Was Won' by Led Zeppelin. It's basically 25 minutes of Jimmy page doing orgasmic and eerie guitar and mandolin work.
    Last edited by Esperante; 01-26-2005 at 03:21 PM.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

Thread Information