Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugatti Veyron vs Nissan Skyline

Bugatti Veyron vs Nissan Skyline

I know on paper this comparison seems 'unfair' but this comparison isn't about speed and power. Its about street credibility. Do you all remember when movies like The Fast and The Furious and games like Need For Speed Underground came out?, the Nissan Skyline instantly became every boy's dream car. It was as desiarble as a Playboy bunny. It had street credibility. It had 'wild looks', huge power and speed. But now the Bugatti Veyron with 1000 BHP, insane looks and a top speed of 252 mph(406 km/h). I really think that this could be the next Nissan Skyline. Think about it. They could make movies about it. Movies called The Insanely Fast and The Stupendously Furious. Or maybe the Bugatti could feature in a Bond movie, not that 007 could do any stealth missions in it. But really, the Bugatti has got a lot of potential in it and only time will tell if this will become the new Nissan Skyline.

I have the gun pointed at my head and it's loaded.

Guest Guest
    people like the skyline because they think that for very little money its a Porsche killer, and people like an underdog

PS - Heres a race between a Skyline and a McLaren F1, and they McLaren is slow compared to the Veyron

In NFS Most Wanted there is no Skyline (YAY)
    I want to die in my sleep like my Grandma, not screaming like the other 3 people in her car.

There are 10 types of people in this world. People who understand binary and people who don't.

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurocar
    Do you all remember when movies like The Fast and The Furious and games like Need For Speed Underground came out?, the Nissan Skyline instantly became every boy's dream car.
    Fanboy's/Riceboy's, to be precise, that was a ricer movie and ricer game. Veyron is a breakthrough in automotive engineering, so you can't really compare them. The R34 has a superb AWD system, although that jackass crew from 2F2F modified the movie car to a RWD, and so many "upgrades" that made it slower than a stock GT-R.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

The skyline really fell victim to its fanboy image, that it does not deserve. It should have stayed the sleeper that its looks indicate that it is, especially the R32. I doubt however that the veyron will have a short term chance against a fully blown 1000-1100 bhp skyline as long as it lasts.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

What an odd comparison!

And henk, totally agreed. It's a shame, as it happens to be a vastly talented car.

Shame about the interior, though.

The Veyron is a fat, gaudy lump with no purpose other than to go very fast. It doesn't deserve it's 'Fastest Car' podium, the McLaren seemed purer.

As an avid fan of the Skyline (not to the point of "ZOMG my bro's Skyline will muller you innit!) I'll stick with that. Plus it's cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    I have the gun pointed at my head and it's loaded.
    can i shoot it
    people like u dont need to be on this go to supid land where your mind is ass - toyota4ever

ricers suck...pasta rockets for life - sicilian973-2

the thing about street racing is that you race a car which isnt reaching a 6 digit price so there is no way the vayron can be compared to a skyline or any other japanese car. they belong to different classes.
    If you want to do something wrong, do it right

Quote Originally Posted by Jakg
    people like the skyline because they think that for very little money its a Porsche killer, and people like an underdog

PS - Heres a race between a Skyline and a McLaren F1, and they McLaren is slow compared to the Veyron
    You my friend, are an idiot. The first sentence of this thread states that it is not about speed and power.

This thread is pretty stupid. The Skyline was ruined by morons who thought they could put a big wing on it and it would kill all. Due to the fact there are alot more of these morons than actual car enthusiasts, the Skyline will most probably always have more street credibility than the Bugatti.

Despite this I'd still take a Skyline, more practical than a Bugatti, and way fast enough for what you will be using it everyday. I'd save the $1,000,000 or however much the Bugatti costs, buy a Skyline, then buy a massive house, and depending on what I had left out of the $1,000,000, maybe buy a Porsche Carrera GT for the weekends.
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 6'bore
    You my friend, are an idiot. The first sentence of this thread states that it is not about speed and power.
    ...thus i explained why people seem to love the Skyline, and to stop someone saying "yeh its MEGA FAST!!!11111!!!" i put the video at the bottom

Quote Originally Posted by Jakg
    ...thus i explained why people seem to love the Skyline, and to stop someone saying "yeh its MEGA FAST!!!11111!!!" i put the video at the bottom
    Everything in your post related to speed. And Skylines are 'Mega Fast', they just aren't in the same class as a McLaren F1 as any old dumbass knows, so really, your post was utterly useless.
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

Quote Originally Posted by 6'bore
    Everything in your post related to speed. And Skylines are 'Mega Fast', they just aren't in the same class as a McLaren F1 as any old dumbass knows, so really, your post was utterly useless.
    Would the Skyline be as popular if it only came with a 90bhp 1.4? No, of course it wouldn't. Its popularity is because of its speed, dumbf*ck.

Jakg attatched the video clip to get an idea how fast a skyline would be to a Veyron. there are many people (like some of my friends) who dont exactly know how fast skylines really are and thus over rate them. some also beieve that a skyline accelerates faster than most supercars.
    If you want to do something wrong, do it right

Quote Originally Posted by VtecMini
    Would the Skyline be as popular if it only came with a 90bhp 1.4? No, of course it wouldn't. Its popularity is because of its speed, dumbf*ck.
    Ask any moron who loves the F&F why they would do anything to just even stand within 100ft of this car. Because of the performance, or because of the fact you can put a ridiculously large wing on it and a huge exhaust and it will kill any other car in the world. It's an obvious result.

People who love Skylines don't love it's perfromance, they love its rice factor.

Thread Information