Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: What do you think is the worst car ever?

Poll: What do you think is the worst car ever?

Exactly what it says on the tin.

My vote goes to the Toyota Prius. Yes, really. Not because its some horrible eco box, but because of the dramatic irony that surrounds it. Since the Prius uses nickel batteries, the nickel has to be mined, and that is ridiculously damaging to the environment, but more of that in a sec. Then its loaded on to a gigantic coal powered ship and sent to continental Europe where its refined in a large factory, then flown to China where its turned into the foam, and then flown again to Japan where is finally put into the cars. The amount of damage Toyota do to the environment mean they probably have to sell... I dunno, a rough guess... 4,000,000 cars to make up for all that damage? Even then, they don't produce that many, so they'd have to follow that entire process and ruin the earth even more. And the nickel mine...
    Seriously, I don't care for the environment, but even I can tell thats not a small sacrifice for a car which was dubbed a "revolution" in motoring. Looks like a nuclear fallout to me. Plus, the car isn't even that economical. A petrol Fiat 500 will manage 70MPG, and thats about £5,000 less. The Prius, and all eco cars in general are useless gimmicks to make people think they're doing the world a favour, but they're not. They're gradually making it worse.

Seriously Toyota. Ditch all this eco bull and bring out the FT-86 or a new Supra. You might just spare your reputation then.
    Last edited by Wouter Melissen; 03-14-2011 at 06:21 AM.

just for the record, the car carriers that Toyota is using all run on heavy fuel oil (380 CSt)
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    just for the record, the car carriers that Toyota is using all run on heavy fuel oil (380 CSt)
    My mistake. I don't understand however. Is that better or worse?

Quote Originally Posted by I NEED NAWZZZ View Post
    My mistake. I don't understand however. Is that better or worse?
    depending on how they treat the exhaust fumes, possibly better.

my vote for the worst car goes to the BMW X6, closely followed by the X5 and the Range Rover Sport.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

depending on how they treat the exhaust fumes, possibly better.

my vote for the worst car goes to the BMW X6, closely followed by the X5 and the Range Rover Sport.
    Oh right. Thanks for clearing that up. And yes, any posh, name brand off road vehicle is bad in my opinion too. They seem to be usually bought by women who want to show off and look down on other motorists, except they can never drive them. Plus, I'd actually be worried to drive them off-road, especially the Range Rover. Let's think, would you want to drive a £70k car off road, despite it being its main function?

Quote Originally Posted by I NEED NAWZZZ View Post
    Oh right. Thanks for clearing that up. And yes, any posh, name brand off road vehicle is bad in my opinion too. They seem to be usually bought by women who want to show off and look down on other motorists, except they can never drive them. Plus, I'd actually be worried to drive them off-road, especially the Range Rover. Let's think, would you want to drive a £70k car off road, despite it being its main function?
    in terms of off-road capabilities the Rover is actually better than the BMWs, but they also attract drivers who prefer to wipe people driving in front of them off the road. A habit which they share with the BMW drivers.

in terms of off-road capabilities the Rover is actually better than the BMWs, but they also attract drivers who prefer to wipe people driving in front of them off the road. A habit which they share with the BMW drivers.
    True.

The one thing I'll say about a Prius is that it is truly classless, in Australia anyway. I've been at hotel valet's and seen people get out of a Prius wearing normal clothes just to see another Prius pull up five minutes later to see a guy wearing an Armani suit with a Patek Philippe step out of his.

All this talk of big pointless SUVs points out the Hummer H2 and H3 in my mind. H2 because most people don't use it for what it was built for and the H3 for being seriously underpowered and ruining Hummer's already damaged image, effectively driving the stake through the brand.

Even assuming the way Toyota is handling all the components which are part of the Prius in the worst possible way, have any data about how any other company handles all the other components? Like buying the steel for the chassis in Germany, shipping it to, I don't know, Sweden, then back to Germany and so on.

It's quite easy to check every single aspect of a car when the automaker is so proud and loud about it, but it's silly when there is no real comparison with other cars and companies.

Hybrid cars won't save the planet, but it's a fact they are more efficient and possibly the way of the (short term) future.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

The Prius isn't bad, just too expensive for what it is. And the technology is not proven enough to lower the costs right now, apparently.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

It seems to me none of you guys had the experience of owning a "1975 Olds Cutlass Supreme".
    Gentlemen, add a metallic green paint job with a vinyl roof, bad water pump, wallowing posture, strangely textured seats with matching carpet, and an AM only radio and I present to you my "worst car ever" which could leap from stoplight to stoplight like a sounding sperm whale.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Regards,
    Savageduck

"The machine does not isolate man from the great problems of nature, but plunges him more deeply into them."
    Antoine De Saint-Exupéry

Trabant

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    The Prius isn't bad, just too expensive for what it is. And the technology is not proven enough to lower the costs right now, apparently.
    It only depends on which kind of car you want and how much you drive every year. Same as with diesels. They already proved to be less expensive to maintain.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    It only depends on which kind of car you want and how much you drive every year. Same as with diesels. They already proved to be less expensive to maintain.
    Of course, if you want a two seater rear wheel drive open top sportscar, you'd better look elsewhere...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information