Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do you like cars?

Jamaica, New York, USA... for now, out in the DR studyin!
    for me, the biggest influence on me to move towards cars has to have been my dad, and uncles. Since i can remember, i would always be asked to help when it came to working on cars, and slowly, it grew on me. Also, my parents have pictures of me , when i was about 8-10 months old, trying to work the steering wheel of the first car my dad had (a pontiac grand prix from 1979, im born in 1987). so, as you can see, i've loved cars with a passion from a very, very young age .
    and what catches me the most, i think is the like besides the whole mechanical partwould have to be the pure excitement of how far you can push yourself to make your car represent who you are.
    WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE OVERCOMES THE LOVE OF POWER, THE WORLD WILL KNOW PEACE!!!!!!!!!!
    -Jimi Hendrix

Thats actually a pretty tough question. I just got into cars not long ago. Something like 8 months ago, when I joined this Forum.

A couple of months after I turned 15 I didn't really care what kinda car I got when I turned 16 nor did I even think about performance and then I just started looking around at cars and found this forum which has changed my thoughts on cars completely in a good way though and started reading up on all sorts of cars.

But why I like cars. I guess I would say that I like cars becuase there are just so many types of them out there and so many different looks, shapes, and designs. And just all the things you can do to them to gain hp/tq just seems fun to me.

Well, I'd say more, but I gotta go bed.

Later !

for the words they say with their looks, speed, and engine. its like poetry in a way
    IF ANYBODY KNOWS ANY INFO REGARDING FERRARI ENZO SERIAL NUMBERS/ (COLORS IN) LOCATIONS/ ANYTHING AT ALL THAT IS RELATED TO THIS....PM ME WHAT YOU KNOW. THANKS

"The Ferrari is the girl you bring home to your parents. The Lamborghini is the wild slut you sleep with on the weekend." -Road & Track

brazilians are hot

it used to be an image thing for me, when i was 15 everyone thought that neons were hardcore etc. but then i started to see how other cars sounded, looked etc, now i hate the streetracer thing, i see them as try hards not hardcore UCP showed me how to appreciate cars

Elswick, England (Home of the world famous Bonds' Ice Cream!)
    I love the looks, the sound, the feeling when you are launched into a corner.....i so can't wait to drive (only 6 months to go.... )
    UCP's No.1 Koenigsegg & Aston Martin fan!
    UCP's Biggest Feeder fan!

well, i guess loving cars is just in my genes.When we visited my grandpa, the usual subject of talk was cars .as a small boy i always listened to these stories, and always went with my dad to the garage.i just loved it.when i saw a nice car, i always stared to it from the backseat of our car A couple of year ago, i stayed over at my uncle's place a few times.it was absolutely awesome.playing pinball, and being around (classic)cars and a lot of car stuff the entire day...

i always liked cars, but mostly the newer cars.in the last couple of years i began to adore classics more.It is quite hard to know a lot about classics though, for a kid of my age.I did not actually see these cars in the wild.i have to learn all of this, while older folks like my dad, pieter, matra and other oldies could read everything about it in the magasines...

my interest for the technical side of it only really got started after i had been given a book, which my dad had gotten from his dad when he was young.It's a book from the Shell company store explaining all the basics of a car.it's written in a simple language for kids to understand.it does not explain all the tecnological developments after 1965/70 simply cos it was printed then. I have always been interested in technical things.About a month ago, i found a very big at home Automotive Engineering course.it counts over 700 pages, with a lot of details.i have now worked my way through about 100 pages of it yet...

Up until about when I was 11 I didnt care about cars, but then my dad bought a Toyota supra Twin turbo, and I just fell in love with them. So I ow my love to the supra really.
    "The thunder of 1001bhp would send a sonic boom through his carbon fibre shell, crack it in half and leave a wet puddle on the fancy leather seat."

I guess my dad had a hand in this. I helped him put on his bodykit on our ford sierra when I was around 5. Also, he bought a hot wheel car everytime he came back from work (it cost about GBP 0.99 at that time). I kinda helped him choose the cars we had until I was shipped off to boarding school. I still remember the time when he came back driving his friend's porsche (can't remember the model, i was abt 7 back then) and we ended up with me sitting on his lap with him controlling the pedals and me controlling the steering wheel. Gosh, that was fun! I guess its in the genes cause all the guys in my dad's side are practically nuts about cars!

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    the feeling you get when you perfectly kiss the apex, and exit just right, and you'll know when you've done it right, the feeling the car gives you as you do it, it rewards you for your efforts, i live for those moments
    I agree. The feeling, when you're closing into a corner you know really well, shift down, hit that apex, and hit the gas pushing the car to its extreme.... better than sex.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

Quote Originally Posted by Pando
    better than sex.
    hitting the apex is pretty damn good, but i'll have to take your word here
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

the look, the sound, the feel of driving the speed limit over the speed limit, the weightlessness when you go over a little "whoopy"(dont know what you guys call them, a little bump that makes you stomach jump).....

oh, and i have a little penis
    pondering things

Quote Originally Posted by targa
    ughh, you're gonna get banned again, why say that about yourself. (even though it's funny if it's true)
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by targa
    thanks, does that mean you have to compensate?

for those of us who have th OPPOSITE, we can feel comfortable with our sexuality when we drive small cars, or ride mopeds, which i have and do
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    ughh, you're gonna get banned again, why say that about yourself. (even though it's funny if it's true)
    are personal attack on one's self prohibited?

Quote Originally Posted by my porsche
    for those of us who have th OPPOSITE, we can feel comfortable with our sexuality when we drive small cars, or ride mopeds, which i have and do
    i think am pretty comfortable in my sexuality, and i drive a sentra but i drive it really fast(i know thats kind of an oximoron, but...)
    pondering things

why do i like cars?

Speed, passion, lifestyle, enjoyment, sport, racing teams, drawing cars, riding in them, driving them (next year), admiring them, my whole life revolvs around my love of cars

Thread Information