Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dodge Ram Daytona

Dodge Ram Daytona

(from DaimlerChrysler Press Release) Building on its storied legacy of power and performance, Dodge is bringing the historic Daytona nameplate to the Dodge Ram line of pickup trucks. The limited-edition 2005 Dodge Ram Daytona, with legendary HEMI® power and bold Daytona-inspired styling, draws further attention to the Ram 1500's leadership claim as the most powerful light-duty pickup truck on the market.

"The all-new, limited-edition 2005 Dodge Ram Daytona has a bold, race-inspired attitude for customers seeking a performance-packaged pickup like no other," said Darryl Jackson, Vice President, Dodge Marketing, Chrysler Group. "With 20-inch chrome wheels, a unique custom paint job and a huge rear spoiler, the Dodge Ram Daytona will turn heads on the street and on the track at Daytona."

The 2005 Dodge Ram Daytona is instantly recognizable with its massive 11-inch rear spoiler and complementary flat-black graphics on the bed sides, reminiscent of the 1969 winged Dodge Charger. Other noticeable features include a performance-style hood scoop, rear side-exiting twin chrome tips from the Borla® exhaust, body-colored grille and tail lamp guards, and 20-inch chrome-clad aluminum wheels.

Two compelling colors will be offered with the all-new 2005 Dodge Ram Daytona: Go ManGo! or Silver Metallic. The exterior color also appears on the center bezel on the dash. The 2005 Dodge Ram Daytona will be a limited-edition model, and will feature a numbered plaque on the dash.

The 2005 Ram Daytona is available as a 4x4 or 4x2 and in regular cab or Quad Cab® body styles with the six-foot, three-inch bed. The regular cab features molded side sills while the Quad Cab includes a running board.

Included in the Daytona package is the 5.7-liter HEMI engine with 345 horsepower and 375 lb.-ft of torque coupled with a 5-speed automatic transmission and 3.92:1 rear axle ratio.

The first 75 production 2005 Ram Daytona models will debut just prior to the Florida Dodge Dealers 250 NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series race at Daytona International Speedway this Friday, February 18. Prior to the race, Dodge Ram Daytona models with plaque numbers one through 75 will take a ceremonial parade lap to mark the vehicle's "special delivery" to the Southeast regional Dodge dealers.

The 2005 Dodge Ram Daytona is on sale now and is priced from $32,000.

2005 Dodge Ram Daytona Feature Highlights

MODELS
    Ram Regular Cab, Short Box
    Ram Quad Cab, Short Box
    4x2 or 4x4

POWERTRAIN
    5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engine with five-speed automatic transmission

EXTERIOR
    Performance-style hood scoop
    Body-color grille and tail lamp guards
    Daytona wing spoiler
    20-inch chrome-clad aluminum wheels
    Chrome-tipped Borla® exhaust
    Colors: Go ManGo! or Bright Silver Metallic

INTERIOR
    Premium cloth seating in Dark Slate Gray
    Instrument panel with body-color bezel accents
    Sequentially numbered IP plaque

PRICE
    From $32,000 to $39,000
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (251.3 KB, 63 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (207.4 KB, 28 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (298.0 KB, 43 views)

Eww...

LOL......that rear wing
    FERRARI RULEZZZ

the wing is killing me

I just can't look, it's killing meeee...

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    YUCK!!!(vomits)

This could've been a great car if only they hadn't spoiled it with that rear 'spoiler'(no wonder ) and those very unneccessary Borla Side Exausts. Those are UG-LY

I like how the SRT-10, their "real" performance truck is the least ostentatious compared to this one and the bumble bee.

10 minutes from Lingenfelter's... aren't you jealous?
    I like mopars for this reason. They're not afraid to be rediculous, and know they're rediculous. But they're fast(for a full size truck...) and I think when you're fast you do what ever the hell ya want.

yea but that wing is f***ing ugly as sh!t
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

What has Dodge done this year? Did they wake up one day and go "All right, lets slap retro names onto all the cars and trucks we can!! Especially if we do this with huge spoilers and odd paint schemes, more people will buy them I am sure."

Quote Originally Posted by ScionDriver
    What has Dodge done this year? Did they wake up one day and go "All right, lets slap retro names onto all the cars and trucks we can!! Especially if we do this with huge spoilers and odd paint schemes, more people will buy them I am sure."
    They did the huge spoilers and "odd" paint schemes back in the day too, its just what they do to be different from all the other car makers. This truck is really no different from the gtx ram except for the spoiler. I wouldn't mind one of these trucks at all.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

The paint scheme draws off the 69 Superbird and Charger Daytonas., as does the wing. Is a standard Hemi with a 5 speed slushbox worthy of its paintscheme? Probably not. But it's a styling option that Dodge decided would add to their line up next to the Rumble Bee package.

I don't see anyone ripping on Mazda's marketing of Zoom Zoom. The 3 isn't exactly a ground-pounding monster. Maybe because Dodge is American they're not allowed to use marketing to sell cars.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv
    They did the huge spoilers and "odd" paint schemes back in the day too, its just what they do to be different from all the other car makers. This truck is really no different from the gtx ram except for the spoiler. I wouldn't mind one of these trucks at all.
    I agree. And I actually really do like this truck a lot.

It looks a lot better than my dakota, a lot more power too .
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

damn.. I am in U.S for half a year and hella sick of these kind of trucks.... here in san-jose even teenagers who drive--- put some huge spoilers, lower the body some shiny rims and there are "millions" of models ...
    ''The ends justify the means''- Niccolo Machiavelli-d_Evil's Advocate

Thread Information