Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: 2011 24 Hours of Le Mans, LMS and ALMS news.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    porsche sales are very positively influenced by the cayenne and paranoia diesels...
    True, Porsche do make most of their money off the back of Diesel cars at the moment and that is most likely what is going to fund any future racing endeavours

but...

When Porsche came back to Le Mans they came into the LMP2 class because they didn’t not like the rules of the Diesel cars... did they not?

I may be wrong but I can’t see Porsche EVER having an oil burning race car... full stop
    "No sir you may not eat my hat"

KFA-R #88 OZYROCKET

Quote Originally Posted by KFA-R View Post
    True, Porsche do make most of their money off the back of Diesel cars at the moment and that is most likely what is going to fund any future racing endeavours

but...

When Porsche came back to Le Mans they came into the LMP2 class because they didn’t not like the rules of the Diesel cars... did they not?

I may be wrong but I can’t see Porsche EVER having an oil burning race car... full stop
    I think Toyota has proven that there is no need for Porsche to use an oil burner to win LM.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I think Toyota has proven that there is no need for Porsche to use an oil burner to win LM.
    Now at least...when RS Spyder was running it might have been harder...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    Now at least...when RS Spyder was running it might have been harder...
    RS Sypder was an LMP2 and in the ALMS these raced under more favourable regulations, different from the ACO.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

RS Sypder was an LMP2 and in the ALMS these raced under more favourable regulations, different from the ACO.
    Indeed!
    However in 2008-2009 the Diesels were less restricted than they are today (they have gotten a smaller fuel tank and smaller air intake).
    Also known as:
    CTD and CrashTestDummy

True! and trust me Im a big fan of this!!!! if the AVATAR photo isnt anything to go by

And as also quoted back when they produced the RS Spider I remeber reading something about their views on LMP racing.

Im not sure where but I remember the boss of Porsche saying that, at the time, he could not justify entering LMP1 with the lack of restrictions for the diesel vehicles... therefore the RS was produced for LMP2 because he class was seen as "more competative" especially for non diesel vehicles.

Now, with hybrid tech, Porsche's obvious interest in developing that area and the more restrictive rules on Diesel cars I can see them coming back and being very, very successful once again.
    "No sir you may not eat my hat"

KFA-R #88 OZYROCKET

Thread Information