Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seat 1200/1430 Sport

SEAT "Bocanegra"

Quote Originally Posted by inducar View Post
    Hello , I have one unit of this model , this car is the only SEAT car designed and manufactured in Spain, and it was not manufactured into the factory of SEAT , it was manufactured in another external company "INDUCAR" ,
    you can see betwenn the door and the tire , the "IC" logo.
    I attach the image of my car , twenty years ago I buy this car ( I was eigtheen years old).
    it had been abandoned in my street for one year and they will throw it, my father and my uncle that they had been truck drivers and they were fond of the mechanics they encouraged me for repair it and to leave it like you see in the picture.
    it was disassembled piece to piece and mounted during 2 years again.
    Hello everybody!
    Just discovered the UCF and this is my first post. Being grown and living in Catalan territory, perhaps would start with my humble contribution when a local subject
    When -long, long time ago-, I was atending the engineering school I used to earn some money working as a part-time draughtsman at "INDUstrias de la CARrocería" located in the outskirts of Terrassa, an old industrial town, 20 miles north of Barcelona.
    The then family-owned company, earned good prestige and big bucks making good replicas of the famous Abarth exhaust systems for the tiny Seat 600 of home "nivolas", at a reasonable price.
    Later on, they made ugly four-door stretched bodies and two-door mini-vans of Seat 600.
    The A. Sessano's short-lived 1200 Sport came few years afterwards and soon was nicknamed "bocanegra" (Black mouth) by the local folks for obvious reasons.

A fellow Catalan. Excellent.

Welcome to UCP.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

welcome Manel, I am sure Albert/Ferrer is able to tell you about all the intracacies on this forum....I did see one of those stretched 600s when there was a classed car group of people visiting the Montserrat monastery. It also had one of those nice exhausts.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

hello,
    i've finally found a seat 1430 sport coupe in breda holland.
    and it is pretty good shape,only the engine and exhaust system are missing.
    can anybody help me with that problem?

Thread Information