Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toyota Tacoma X-Runner

As if they spend 8 months on a car! you couldn't get a scooter developed in that time. But i would imagine they would be consistantly doing about 18-24 months, which for most manufacturers is considered really good.

They also get away with $13,990 drive away by using cheaper construction materials, thinner glass, more part sharing etc...
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

well anythings possible these days......i cant remember where i saw that bit about the 8 months but it probably was BS, at least you'd want it to be. the consumer ultimately gets the rough end of the deal when it comes to Hyundai putting their cars on the market, yet they still consistently win the "australia's best cars awards" that the NRMA, RACQ etc give away for the small category.
    I am the Stig

i don't trust those Best Car Awards Anyway, why give it to A Hyundai Getz when cars like the Honda Jazz show some real innovation in the class? unless there spending more than they earn.....

Also those awards are given to Subarus a lot, and i think the old Honda Accord (Correct me if i am wrong) recieved one for best luxury under $57,000?

theyre always tainted in one way or another, i'd be surprised if they actually hopped into the cars and drove them or went off what the manufacturers told them about them. im not sure about the accord, but i agree with the RX-8, futura and M3 getting awards this year and the XT and XR6T getting awards last year. all the others i either cant remember or am against, like the accent getting one this year
    I am the Stig

Awards from Insurers are given for 2 reasons
    1: a lot of people buy this car, meaning a lot of people insure it
    2: it's an expensive car to insure
    easy!

The RACQ awards are always best taken with a grain of salt. I think that too much emphasis is placed on the wrong things in many categories. One of the reasons the Hyundai's always do well in the smaller categories is because price (or value, which isn't the same thing but is used interchangably in these awards) is considered critical. I think it is funny, as they are cheap to buy, but nothing is mentioned of long term reliability. How is it cheaper to pay $3000 less for a Korean car in the first place, but spend $4000 more fixing it's various problems over the subsequent 5 years?

Back to the X-Runner....

I don't really like the American truck thing. It always seemed to be another expression of the excesses our consumer based societies consider mandatory to validate themselves. (Yeah, whatever). But seriously, I prefer utes and the Aussie X-Runner. I will admit that I do like the look of this new truck.
    That depends on what your definition of the word 'is' is - US President Bill Clinton

Thread Information