Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The most beautiful roadcar ever made - entries

I'd like to nominate the Aston Martin DB4 GT Zagato.

Great pictures from UCP by the way!
    Attached Images Attached Images

^^^ I second.

Along with the Lusso, SL, 504 Cabrio, XK-E, 507, Delahaye, etc., etc. Will include the BMW E9 series since we own two, but absolutely agree they mimic Ferrari's 330/365 GT2+2. That's one reason I've always liked them (besides not being able to afford the Ferraris!)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

I get the feeling that this list will get very long, very quickly. Perhaps a more scientific voting method is required.. a knockout comp or preferential voting or something.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Kooper View Post
    Also, I'm sure both will be nominated again, but if you'd have to choose between the 8C and DB7, which would it be Roentgen (difficult task I know)?
    Probably the Alfa. Something about it isn't quite right... but it is that thing that I reckon will stand the test of time. More so than the DB7.
    www.flickr.com/photos/maestro_ng

Quote Originally Posted by Roentgen View Post
    Probably the Alfa. Something about it isn't quite right... but it is that thing that I reckon will stand the test of time. More so than the DB7.
    There's more than one Alfa to be considered, for example:

I wouldn't have thought of it, but credit must go to the Citroen - it is a really, really nice car.

Quote Originally Posted by m5child View Post
    how about the bmw 507?

Elvis had one...
    I always thought of the 507 has a "panic car" from BMW, like - "look what Mercedes did!, we must have something like that too", and then just copied most of the design.
    But this is a 100% subjective opinion, with no proofs to it
    Also known as:
    CTD and CrashTestDummy

^^^ Please explain? BMW's 507 is iconic precisely because it doesn't copy any of it's competitors, certainly nothing from Mercedes.

There are some similarities in body design.
    But as i wrote, this is a subjective opinion, and is probably based around that i love the 300SL, and therefor feel that the 507 is a coupe of the first sportscar, which came 2 years earlier - The SL.

Which leeds me to thinking. Maybe we should put the cars in era's or decades?
    Also known as:
    CTD and CrashTestDummy

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    I get the feeling that this list will get very long, very quickly. Perhaps a more scientific voting method is required.. a knockout comp or preferential voting or something.
    I think the fun is in drawing up the list and bringing all those beautiful cars together in one thread. The ultimate vote results will always be a sort of a setback. Let's not vote at all
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    I think the fun is in drawing up the list and bringing all those beautiful cars together in one thread. The ultimate vote results will always be a sort of a setback. Let's not vote at all
    That I can dig. Given that, I'll nominate Il MoNstro - The Alfa SZ. Always had a soft spot for that beast.
    Last edited by henk4; 02-21-2011 at 05:25 AM. Reason: put in the N
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

After seeing the Merc above, I'd have to also suggest the Merc 300SL. It's just stunning, and it was what, the fastest road car in the world at the time? Incredible. Not that its speed has anything to do with its looks, but it is a looker.
    All about the t-tops

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    The voting is a bit of a pointless exercise, but will put up some polls later on if for no other reason than to have a sort of list of what the UCP community as a whole considers the most beautiful.

We might end up with quite a few polls, but science demands it

How about we have a knock-out type procedure where the top 3 of each poll make it to the next round and so on and so forth until we end up with a grand finale?

I'm going for something a bit different although not quite sure if it fits with the rules.

The Isdera Commendatore 112i, loved it from the moment i saw it, the design details make this car, the red chassis, the way the doors and engine hood is 'cut' in the shape, the rear view mirror, etc.

If it can't be that one i vote for the TVR Sagaris.
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Though beautiful is entirely the wrong word to describe it, handsome works a little better, the 1965 Buick Riviera is one of my favorites.

An honorable mention goes to another car that isn't strictly beautiful but has one of the most charismatic designs of all time; the Giulia GT.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Thread Information