Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: McLaren MP4/21 2006

That's one of the coolest color schemes yet. The bodywork is very interesting as well, with the "horns" sprouting out behind the cockpit and the different leveled front air dam. Nice.
    Taking in donations for a Lancia Delta Integrale, please be considerate of a fellow forum member....:)

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Ewok
    That's one of the coolest color schemes yet. The bodywork is very interesting as well, with the "horns" sprouting out behind the cockpit and the different leveled front air dam. Nice.
    Welcome to F1...

1. The front wing has been very much like that for more than a year now.
    2. The horns, are also form last year's design.
    2. That color scheme is the pre-season livery. They will get back to the silver and black livery soon.
    Zag when they Zig

Quote Originally Posted by magracer
    2. That color scheme is the pre-season livery. They will get back to the silver and black livery soon.
    Actually since they've lost their West sponsorship and have taken on Vodaphone, they will have a livery which is prodominatly red.

I made the same mistake not long ago but RacingManic was quick to correct me: the Vodafone deal starts in 2007!

check this thread: http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...t=22063&page=2

even better, google it like I did...
    Zag when they Zig

I hate the color

is is the definitive one ?

hope they go back to the previous one, no match

Thats just the pre season livery. I dont think anyones sure whether they'll be going back to the old colours
    I am the Stig

I should think that with Ferrari firmly established as "red" McLaren will be sticking with a predominantly black/ silver livery when Vodaphone become primary sponsors.

The orange is McLaren's Historic Papaya, the colour that Bruce McLaren painted his cars, and was last used in testing on the MP4-12 when they switched from Marlboro to West.

Its funny how confused people are getting over it...
    Thanks for all the fish

^^ Agreed, it's really not that complicated!

Of course they will go back to silver, their engines are supplied by Mercedes and none of their other sponsors really have definitive colour schemes.

Quote Originally Posted by magracer
    Welcome to F1...

1. The front wing has been very much like that for more than a year now.
    2. The horns, are also form last year's design.
    1. Thank You.
    2. I've never had any interest in it.
    3. You numbered 2 twice.
    4. I still like the "Pre-Season livery" better than Mercedes fug.

Informing is the purpose of this forum, not to be rude or hostile. The car looks better than it ever has, especially in that orange and black, and coming from a rallye nut that says a lot.
    Last edited by Evil Ewok; 01-25-2006 at 11:37 AM.
    Taking in donations for a Lancia Delta Integrale, please be considerate of a fellow forum member....:)

Informing is the purpose of this forum, not to be rude or hostile.
    Exactly. That's why I like it so much, and why I tried -in the most straight forward way- to address the inexactitudes in your statement.

3. You numbered 2 twice. .
    I'm so sorry, I promise I will not do it again. Ever...
    Zag when they Zig

....Forgiven

For now.

JANUARY 25, 2006
    Red Bull takes McLaren's top aero man!

According to our spies, Red Bull Racing has hired McLaren's head of aerodynamics Peter Prodromou. If the news is confirmed this would be a second big hit for McLaren following the departure of Adrian Newey. There are also rumours that Nicolas Tombazis may also be leaving the team to go back to Ferrari, although there have been denied by McLaren. Having said that, it is only two days since McLaren's Martin Whitmarsh said he was not aware that the team was losing anyone other than Newey.

Prodromou has been a McLaren man since he graduated from Imperial College, London in 1991 with a degree in aeronautical engineering. His Master's degree was in Computational Fluid Dynamics and his first job at Woking was to introduce CFD to the team and then develop the systems. He later moved on to work on the windtunnel programme and in 2000 he became the team's head of aerodynamics, running the operations and then becoming more and more involved in the actual design process. In May 2005 he was named head of aerodynamic development when the team was restructured.

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns16170.html

Credited - I like it.

It seems Christian Horner is trying to takes Ron's 'King of the Coups' title!

Mercedes still struggle with engine reliability.

RAIKKONEN WARNING FOR MERCEDES

Kimi Raikkonen has warned Mercedes to up their game after a worrying start to testing for the new McLaren.

The McLaren's Mercedes engine has suffered reliability woes since it made its debut last week and Raikkonen confessed he is concerned by the problems.

The Finn missed out on the world championship last season, largely due to a string of engine problems, and he is concerned history could repeat itself this term.

He told www.autosport.com: "They are not where they should be and they need to improve. On the engine side we have a lot of work to do.

"We have been testing for a long time but we have not been able to make progress. It is definitely our weakest link now, but improvement is coming.

"It is the first time I am in the car. I know there is a lot of work to do but they are improving, and I know what is coming.

"I am slightly worried but not too much. Sure I can expect more but now we'll wait for a proper engine and we'll see."
    http://www.sportinglife.com/others/n...Raikkonen.html

Typical McLaren testing scenes:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks for all the fish

Thread Information