Thread: Awesome Ferrari 308 GTS project

Awesome Ferrari 308 GTS project

Normally I dislike replica's, but I believe this one is different.

Please see link below, Ferrari 308 GTS with '288 GTO' look.

1) The amount of work put in this, even when still unfinished, is amazing.
    2) With this, the proportions match the 288 GTO's lines very well.
    3) A proper engine will be installed and the best of all...
    4) The man is leaving the 308 badge on!

His other cars are very nice too. Respect!

Bert Kanters Supercharged Ferrari 308 GTO conversion.

Now what makes a GTO a really different car from a GTS is the position of the engine. From what I can gather from the site, the position is still like on the GTS, i.e. transverse in stead of longitudinal as in the GTO.
    Cosmetically the thing looks OK.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I agree, it will never be a real GTO. The owner knows that, that's why he keeps the 308 badge on right? He does not pretend he owns a 288 GTO.

Otherwise, I can not help myself getting enthusiastic about such a massive, detailed project. Maybe it got to do with the fact that I don't have any technical know-how myself... at all.

When I am scrolling through pages and pages of such a build-up, practically from scratch, I am impressed. Very impressed.

And with the many 'wrong' Fiero based 'Ferrari's' on the Internet, this does look like a very well executed conversion IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Steel View Post
    I agree, it will never be a real GTO. The owner knows that, that's why he keeps the 308 badge on right? He does not pretend he owns a 288 GTO.

Otherwise, I can not help myself getting enthusiastic about such a massive, detailed project. Maybe it got to do with the fact that I don't have any technical know-how myself... at all.

When I am scrolling through pages and pages of such a build-up, practically from scratch, I am impressed. Very impressed.

And with the many 'wrong' Fiero based 'Ferrari's' on the Internet, this does look like a very well executed conversion IMO.
    I agree, it is a very nice piece of work.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Thumbs up

this is a yes but no car. yes its an excellent kit on an okay Ferrari. but no because its a kit of a pretty rare Ferrari. ill give it a thumbs up anyway.

EDIT: Whoops, you're right KOTR.... still, a replica GTO needs the engine turned the right way. I understand what 250gto boy means, but really have no problems with replicas. Fakes could be passed off not so long ago, but the interwebs makes it nearly impossible anymore.
    Last edited by csl177; 12-27-2010 at 11:19 PM. Reason: misunderstood previous post
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

Quote Originally Posted by csl177 View Post
    Hardly a rare Ferrari... for all versions of the GTS over 9,000 were built. But even a replica GTO needs the engine turned the right way.
    I think he's referring to the 288 GTO and not the 308.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Without pic this type of thread is useless

^^^ Not realy, that's why the link is their, then you can have a look for your self.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

Great concept..Please do upload some pics..
    toyota place

Thread Information