Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: P 4/5 Competizione

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPecAncgi4c"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPecAncgi4c[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wYeT7yHyEU&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wYeT7yHyEU&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by Badsight View Post
    would this be in the running for the sexiest Ferrari . . . . . . ever ?
    Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    Not sure about that, but it's right up there for sexiest modern racer.
    Big agreement... plus, it has NY tags. The first racing Ferrari to make my heart beat faster in many years... Whoo-hoo!!!
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

Quote Originally Posted by csl177 View Post
    Big agreement... plus, it has NY tags. The first racing Ferrari to make my heart beat faster in many years... Whoo-hoo!!!
    333SP was the last?

For those-a-y'all who don't speak french

Auto News - GT Cars - A new Ferrari P4/5 in preparation - LeMans.org

Thanks for all of your work and keeping us updated with the great videos and articles, Napolis!

Merci et bon chance!

Any chance of a "Launch Day" version of the carbon P4/5 C model from bma43.com? Carbon with the same decals, etc. It just looks so bad-ass in the raw cf!

Quote Originally Posted by jrgitar View Post
    Auto News - GT Cars - A new Ferrari P4/5 in preparation - LeMans.org

Thanks for all of your work and keeping us updated with the great videos and articles, Napolis!

Merci et bon chance!

Any chance of a "Launch Day" version of the carbon P4/5 C model from bma43.com? Carbon with the same decals, etc. It just looks so bad-ass in the raw cf!
    Yes they're planning one.

The Vallelunga Site - Track

Testing time in Vallelunga next week. Test sessions will be open to the public, P4/5 Competizione will run together with other cars.

Wednesdays 2 febbraio: 9-13 e 14-17
    Thursday 3 febbraio: 9-13 e 14-22
    Friday 4 febbraio: 9-13 e 14-17

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qJDmKoAShQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qJDmKoAShQ[/ame]

I would like to say a big THANK YOU for giving us all the updates right from the start, through all the building stages, and now in the track testing. It's been fun and exciting to watch the team through all these stages. I can't wait to see the car in action at a race and wish you guys the best of luck! Love the car and the concept behind it.

These videos are AWESOME!!! I just can't thank you (all involved, but especially Mr. G) enough for including us in this amazing project and the process from start to finish!

I do have a few questions about a few things I've spotted in various videos:
    How much of what we see, especially at the rear, is what it will look like in street-legal Scud form, as opposed to the track-only meany GT2 form? Is it getting the full Scuderia treatment in terms of running gear (engine, transmission, electronics) or is the GT2 lump staying put and other changes will be made to make it street legal stateside? I'm just curious because it looks to me like you have circular mounting plates of some sort on the rear grille above and outside the current exhaust locations. I thought perhaps that was where the exhaust would exit "Scuderia-style" in street form. That also brings up the matter of the transmission: Will the sequential stick currently in place be on the car in street form, or will the steering wheel paddles return, along with the more pedestrian Scuderia manettino and steering wheel? I have so many questions, could just go on for hours!
    I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas, I want him to **** his pants! - il Commendatore

Quote Originally Posted by jrgitar View Post
    These videos are AWESOME!!! I just can't thank you (all involved, but especially Mr. G) enough for including us in this amazing project and the process from start to finish!

I do have a few questions about a few things I've spotted in various videos:
    How much of what we see, especially at the rear, is what it will look like in street-legal Scud form, as opposed to the track-only meany GT2 form? Is it getting the full Scuderia treatment in terms of running gear (engine, transmission, electronics) or is the GT2 lump staying put and other changes will be made to make it street legal stateside? I'm just curious because it looks to me like you have circular mounting plates of some sort on the rear grille above and outside the current exhaust locations. I thought perhaps that was where the exhaust would exit "Scuderia-style" in street form. That also brings up the matter of the transmission: Will the sequential stick currently in place be on the car in street form, or will the steering wheel paddles return, along with the more pedestrian Scuderia manettino and steering wheel? I have so many questions, could just go on for hours!
    She will look the same. We're still figuring out what her Stradale mechanical gear will have to be to meet regulations but keep in mind even in race form she will run Cats and Mufflers.

Napolis, when you convert this to a road car, do you expect it to outperform any past or current street legal Ferrari including the Enzo, 599 GTO, and 458?

How well has the initial road testing gone?

It is realy great of you to share this project with so many people. We all get to share in your enthusiasm and passion for Ferrari, racing, and cars in general.

Finally, would you let the boys from Top Gear have a shot at it?

Let's be clear - you mean real Top Gear, UK TG, not our horrible colonial version, right? I'd love to see The Stig tear up the course in either (or, preferably, both!) of the P4/5's, and even Clarkson would run out of superlatives to describe the experience, but Tanner Foust drifting in one of those beautiful creations would be heresy, and we don't have a true journalist with an adequate command of the English language to report on any vehicle so fine or sublime on the US bastardization of the show.

As for performance, I'm betting it will take just about anything around Fiorano including the GT2 and Challenge cars, with the possible exception of the "XX" cars and the original P4/5, simply because the original must have the power-to-weight advantage given the Enzo-based mechanicals compared to the 430 Scuderia/GT2 underpinnings of the new car. Am I right, Napolis? I mean, there is about a 125-150 horse difference between them, right?
    Last edited by jrgitar; 02-10-2011 at 12:18 AM.
    I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight, but when the driver steps on the gas, I want him to **** his pants! - il Commendatore

PS- Who's fastest so far in testing? My money's on Salo! Been a fan since before Schumi broke his leg and Mika filled in!

As much as I'd like to see it on TG I'm afraid they have NO mechanical sympathy ( or for the owners either ) as they demonstrated when they destroyed the drivetrain of a classic jaguar. AND treated the owner with disrespect when he complained.

I think I'd trust the US guys more than the UK .... and even the Aussies Besides there tracks have ups and downs which are more interesting
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Thread Information