Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Shock: Camry has decent dynamics according to Wheels mag

here's your f1 car car is not actually a f1 car so ha ha ha ha
    people like u dont need to be on this go to supid land where your mind is ass - toyota4ever

ricers suck...pasta rockets for life - sicilian973-2

Quote Originally Posted by motorsportnerd
    The same article makes mention of the fact that the Aurion will have a 205kW (not 190kW as previously thought) 3.5 litre V6 and a six-speed auto transmission as standard. There's also suggestions (as mentioned in the VE thread) that it will achieve economy figures of less then 10L/100kms.
    So, lets get this straight: the Aurion has more power than the VE, a six-speed auto as standard therefore setting the technology pace, and is likely to be much lighter and way more economical. I don't know the pricing for the Aurion, but I'll tip it will be competitive with the VE model for model. And I'd be surprised if it doesn't at least match the VE for equipment levels and will certainly have an instant perception of reliability that no Holden (or Ford or any other manufacturer) can match.
    So, on paper, where's the Commodore's advantage? I'm afraid I don't see one. Styling - yes. The Commodore on paper does look better (I haven't seen either in the flesh). And nothing else. Oh, yes. The rather uneducated perception of the advantage of RWD. Yes - as a marketing tool. On a large, four door family sedan in real world driving? Unlikely.
    I'm going to stick my neck out. Without having seen any road tests of either the VE or Aurion and without yet having driven either myself, I think the Aurion is the better car on paper. There, I said it.
    I think the only thing Aurion will beat is the Camry, It's poor to have a car thats more powerful more equipped and runs better on fuel then your base seller, I wouldn't buy a Camry i would buy a Aurion.
    I think it will always be brought up the Aurion 6 vs Camry 4.
    Would be like holden building a omega that was quicker then the SV6.
    Fleets won't look at the 4 cyl only being .3-.8 per litre better over falcon commodore. And if the Aurion is that good and starting above XT Omega they might over look that also.
    They could suffer here ?
    But on Aurion power the Big Boss himself said it 2 weeks ago over 190kw, I was thinking he had no idea what power it had.
    Quote Originally Posted by charged
    I bought the Wheels mag tonight and had a general look through and the new Camry and the Aurion do look like they will have the goods. Although still not sure about the looks yet. The big suprise was the Mazda 3 MPS in gear acceleration times , that little beasty is a torque monster
    The Aurion does look good in the flesh, But it does need some larger wheels
    Seen a 380 VRX the other day lowered over 2" with 18" black rims very nice.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Hmm strange, Car and Driver called it the "antisport sedan"

Heavier and larger than the Camry, more power and better fuel economy than the Camry..say what? lol im probably reading figures wrong again, its almost midnight, but is that what im reading? Yes, commodore looks good, but what is to stop the Aurion from improving on the smaller factors other than looks? looks alone don't win a COTY, and if it does, holy schmoly people, be prepared for one hell of a backlash and uproar from Holden fanboys To say the least, im actually looking forward to the COTY awards, bring it on!

EDIT: With these new details, what do YOU think ford should do in response to both the new details with the Camry / Aurion, and the release of the VE?? Personally, I would like to see Ford go all out until the E8, a much more recognizable exterior change, xenons and what not, standard 6 auto across the range perhaps? Haha that would be a nice move, though the costs? This will be an interesting couple of months indeed, especially leading up to the Aurion launch. I still don't think the Aurion will really dent Falcon or Commodore, no matter how good it is, the stigma is still left over from the Avalon that, Toyota, in all thier wisdom, simply cant design a good looking family sedan. My 2c.
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

1. Aurion will be larger and heavier than Camry (by how much I'm not sure).
    2. Aurion will be more powerful than VE/Falcon, but probably lighter.
    3. IF Aurion achieves the rumoured economy figures, it will be due to the six-speed auto.
    4. Aurion won't outsell VE (or Falcon), but that doesn't mean it won't be a better car.
    5. Commodore fanboys will never believe that a Toyota could be better than a Commodore. Anybody remember the outcry when Wheels firstly said the Falcon BA was better than the VY, then excluded VY from COTY in 2002 and finally awarded the BA the COTY award? Commodore fanboys pointed to the sales figures as proof that the VY was the better car....
    6. I'm not dissing the VE in any way - just keeping an open mind that the Aurion may prove to be the better car (and secretly hoping it is so I can see some controversy).
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Canuck
    Hmm strange, Car and Driver called it the "antisport sedan"
    The Australian Camry is different chassis wise to the North American Camry.
    The North American market won't get the Aurion - that car will be unique to the Australian market.
    Last edited by motorsportnerd; 07-27-2006 at 03:57 AM.
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    I think the only thing Aurion will beat is the Camry, It's poor to have a car thats more powerful more equipped and runs better on fuel then your base seller, I wouldn't buy a Camry i would buy a Aurion.
    I think it will always be brought up the Aurion 6 vs Camry 4.
    Would be like holden building a omega that was quicker then the SV6.
    Fleets won't look at the 4 cyl only being .3-.8 per litre better over falcon commodore. And if the Aurion is that good and starting above XT Omega they might over look that also.
    They could suffer here ?
    But on Aurion power the Big Boss himself said it 2 weeks ago over 190kw, I was thinking he had no idea what power it had.
    What's so bad about that? The Camry by all rights is a medium sized car whilst the Aurion is a family sized car. Last year and earlier this year, Toyota were moving 2000+ Camry's each month. Looking at the Aurion they can definately improve on that. Theyre not figures you would ignore by any means.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    What's so bad about that? The Camry by all rights is a medium sized car whilst the Aurion is a family sized car. Last year and earlier this year, Toyota were moving 2000+ Camry's each month. Looking at the Aurion they can definately improve on that. Theyre not figures you would ignore by any means.
    There still the same car but, So the Aurion will eat into Camry sales not make them anymore sales with the 2 over the old Camry 4-6.

3 things Aurion will do,
    1: Go head 2 head with Falcon and Commodore and 380(new on the block)
    2: Maybe get some buyers who are looking at XR6-SV6 type cars,
    3: Eat into Camry sales, I just don't see them getting more sales rather shifting sales, Because i wouldn't buy a cheaper car that doesn't have anything the Aurion has do they won't people to not buy the Camry and choice the Aurion?.

if i wanted something to drive the family around in and do long trips in.

Aurion > 380 > VE > BF
    The Datto will rage again...

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra

Aurion > 380 > VE > BF
    All at once

I'd station them around town, for different trips.

Thats a good idea No need to refill for a long time

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Supra

Aurion > 380 > VE > BF
    thats funny mine would be the complete reverse
    Barnum's Law - You’ll never go broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public

The dyslexic version of Cyco

Civil disobedience is still disobedience

Quote Originally Posted by syko
    thats funny mine would be the complete reverse
    reason?

Mine,

Aurion is going be the better car on the road, i like the shape, the power, the gearbox and from the concept pics the interior too.

The 380 you cant go past for value. 27k for a brand new car that has shitloads more in it then a 35k? base commodore. i think it looks good too.

VE, one word. OVERATED. not impressive at all imo.

BF, old. i like their colour choices though.

Dont forget im not talking about sport models, im talking about for everyday, driving kids to school, going on holidays sort of car.

Well you remember, an ordinary BA Mk2 XT rated pretty damn high in Wheels test they did on crash avoidance, road holding etc. The Territory also rated higher than the outgoing Camry IIRC. Dont count out the Ford's yet
    I am the Stig

Thread Information