Thread: IRL Driver Dies in Practice Crash

IRL Driver Dies in Practice Crash

30 Year Old Paul Dana died in a crash at Homestead, Fla in a warm up before the Toyota 300 today.

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/s...d=1&id=2384873

Terrible tragedy, I feel bad for the other driver, he only spun and then Dana collided with him, just awful.

Holy Crap...

I also feel for Ed Carpenter. Not to mention Dana's team and team-mates. Prayers to all of them, and especially to the Dana family.

land of the Desert Extreme Challenge Rally
    Quote Originally Posted by ESPN
    A moment of silence was observed before the start of the 300-mile race. Otherwise, the prerace ceremonies, including the introduction of the remaining 17 drivers, went according to schedule.
    Why? Because the US auto-tourism industry will fail?
    In WRC when a driver dies we observe there have never been any ceremonies/celebrations after the rallies.
    I find it sad that the very same cannot be pushed aback in the face of a similar tragedy in the US.

My thoughts are with the Dana family and the Rahal-Letterman team.

Quote Originally Posted by spi-ti-tout
    Why? Because the US auto-tourism industry will fail?
    In WRC when a driver dies we observe there have never been any ceremonies/celebrations after the rallies.
    I find it sad that the very same cannot be pushed aback in the face of a similar tragedy in the US.
    The accident was during sunday morning practice and they decided to go on with the race; they are in no way "celebrating" when they present the drivers prior to the race; usually maybe some fans will cheer but I'm sure nobody will be cheering today and there will be no celebration at the end of the race.
    Zag when they Zig

My Condolences to the Dana Family.

I think He proably would have wanted the race to go ahead, considering he died doing what he loved.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Thread Information