Thread: Farrellac

Farrellac

Does anyone has more details about a 50's one-off race car with a big lump of a Cadillac 6litre engine? The build of the car was commanded by the Londoner Don Farrell, hence the name.

In 1953, Cadillac ran two cars at LeMans, a basically stock Eldorado, and a rebodied Eldorado, nicknamed "Le Monstre" by te French b/c it was so weird looking. Which car are you talking about?
    106 mph in second, 130 mph in top. 1932 Duesenberg SJ

I know the Le Mans Caddilacs, but I don't know if the Farrelac had ever competed in le Mans. this is really a very special one-off. it is seen in Britain now and then in classic car events.

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    I'd have to look again, but all I know of was a roadster in which a guy placed a 331 Cad, not the 365...
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Yeah I found it. It's one of the Allards, they were very fond of the Cad powerplants.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

As I understand it, the Farrellac was based on an AC, built by Don Farrell. His widow lives in Minehead, Somerset.

Welcome Porge, the Farallac that I have seen is based on the Allard J-Type, chassis J1911. It is shown here during the 2008 Goodwood Revival
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

It's a huge engine for that car. I wonder how it handles, I'm curious ot the engine weight. They seem so handle well at Laguna Seca, however some drivers seemed skiddish also. Its a fairly long wheelbase. I bet it's fun to drive

Thread Information