Thread: My first 2 week at work

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My first 2 week at work

Wellsince the automotive idiot section si gone ill just makemy own Ive got afew sotires to tell and ive onlybeen at the bmw dealer for 2 weeks
    Well first one i was washing the lot and i was washing a new 316ti (i think it was) and it was on rampsso i climbed up holding onto the backof the bonnet and put suds on it with my sponge and on my way down my soapy fingers gotcaught between the bonnet and the car itself. Soim cursing and swearing and then i notice a citome was behing me so i stop force a smile and ask if she wants help andwhen she says no the snob walks off while im obviously stuck so when she walks off i reef my fingers out and swear and curse and when she walks back i the used the sponge again and force another smile whilethere is blood going on the spounge and she walks off. (always be polite tocuustomers)
    Anmd the next one i was detailing a dark blue 5 series and i look at my boss and ask what the M 1 2 3 buttons on the door do. Heignores me and does everyonme rember the movie dennis the menace? thelittle 6 year oldand when hes faced with a button h has topress it well add 12 years to that and put him in BMW overalls i pressed the buttonmarked M...nothing happened so i press 1 and then all of a sudden the seat moved and imsaushed against the stearing wheel...it was the memory forthe seat positions and it moved it to our little asian salemans seating position (hes onlylike 5' nothing) soi try to reach out for the button and i couldent reach it and moving anymore ment sounding off the horn soi quckly rach down for the 3 button and BEEEEEEEP and it moves back to the 6'4salemans position we have and the boss come upto me "what the F^&* are you doing?" and i respond by going oh i hit the horn too hard while adding finish and i grab a rag and holdit up and he walks off shakeing his head and i look to the rag i grabbed and it was my chemmoi and not my interior rag
    And last but not least iwas detialing a brand new black5 series and there was a largeclackbutton on the dash i was putting finish on and i hitit too ahrd and the littlescreenon the dash lit up and said scanning so imsitting there going ohhhh shitand allof a sudden the car stratedshakeing i turned the radioon and the mechanic that fixed it had it blaring it was on classical music and i swear if i had any fillings they wouldof rattled out and the big boss comes around and i scream "how do you turn it off?" and allhes doing islaughing while im hitting every button there was and he reached in hit te origonalbutton i hit and walked off laughing whilemy ears were ringing i was shouting for a good few hours after that.
    And then there was the classic about the old detailer who used degreser on a 7 seriesinstead of leather treatment...i stopped wondering why he wanst with us after that. And a customer of greek decsent who parked her car in front of the mechanics entrence and one of the mechanics pipes up"you cant bloody park there" and one of the salemen comes out to defuse the situation "im sorry madam youcant actuallypark you car there thats the work shop" she hand him the keys and says "Wellyou must be the valet i was waiting foryou to come out" the salesman takeing obvious offence to that smiled and nodded and she went inside the show room and he threw the keys to the mechanics and simply said "have fun!" and stormed off...last i saw 2 got and and shouted out "anybody want to go upthe mountain!?!"

LMAO good stories to bad they happend to you though
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

hahaha i want to go

i want to go and see if i can find any job over their ......
    did you have any car related experiance to get axepted

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon500
    Wellsince the automotive idiot section si gone ill just makemy own Ive got afew sotires to tell and ive onlybeen at the bmw dealer for 2 weeks
    Well first one i was washing the lot and i was washing a new 316ti (i think it was) and it was on rampsso i climbed up holding onto the backof the bonnet and put suds on it with my sponge and on my way down my soapy fingers gotcaught between the bonnet and the car itself. Soim cursing and swearing and then i notice a citome was behing me so i stop force a smile and ask if she wants help andwhen she says no the snob walks off while im obviously stuck so when she walks off i reef my fingers out and swear and curse and when she walks back i the used the sponge again and force another smile whilethere is blood going on the spounge and she walks off. (always be polite tocuustomers)
    Anmd the next one i was detailing a dark blue 5 series and i look at my boss and ask what the M 1 2 3 buttons on the door do. Heignores me and does everyonme rember the movie dennis the menace? thelittle 6 year oldand when hes faced with a button h has topress it well add 12 years to that and put him in BMW overalls i pressed the buttonmarked M...nothing happened so i press 1 and then all of a sudden the seat moved and imsaushed against the stearing wheel...it was the memory forthe seat positions and it moved it to our little asian salemans seating position (hes onlylike 5' nothing) soi try to reach out for the button and i couldent reach it and moving anymore ment sounding off the horn soi quckly rach down for the 3 button and BEEEEEEEP and it moves back to the 6'4salemans position we have and the boss come upto me "what the F^&* are you doing?" and i respond by going oh i hit the horn too hard while adding finish and i grab a rag and holdit up and he walks off shakeing his head and i look to the rag i grabbed and it was my chemmoi and not my interior rag
    And last but not least iwas detialing a brand new black5 series and there was a largeclackbutton on the dash i was putting finish on and i hitit too ahrd and the littlescreenon the dash lit up and said scanning so imsitting there going ohhhh shitand allof a sudden the car stratedshakeing i turned the radioon and the mechanic that fixed it had it blaring it was on classical music and i swear if i had any fillings they wouldof rattled out and the big boss comes around and i scream "how do you turn it off?" and allhes doing islaughing while im hitting every button there was and he reached in hit te origonalbutton i hit and walked off laughing whilemy ears were ringing i was shouting for a good few hours after that.
    And then there was the classic about the old detailer who used degreser on a 7 seriesinstead of leather treatment...i stopped wondering why he wanst with us after that. And a customer of greek decsent who parked her car in front of the mechanics entrence and one of the mechanics pipes up"you cant bloody park there" and one of the salemen comes out to defuse the situation "im sorry madam youcant actuallypark you car there thats the work shop" she hand him the keys and says "Wellyou must be the valet i was waiting foryou to come out" the salesman takeing obvious offence to that smiled and nodded and she went inside the show room and he threw the keys to the mechanics and simply said "have fun!" and stormed off...last i saw 2 got and and shouted out "anybody want to go upthe mountain!?!"
    ok i got you somthing hahaha
    Attached Images Attached Images

I work at an Audi dealer in Canada, and i have been working there for about 4 months. I have broken a mirror on a new A4, buffed the paint off of a moulding, broken one of the vanity mirrors on a new A6. But stuff like this always happens, your driving cars around the lot all day, cleaning cars, detailing cars, etc etc, something is going to break eventually.

What sort of qualifications do you need to work at a car dealership like that it sounds like an ideal job for me.
    "If you feel like you're in control you're not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti

Well i worked at a mitsubishi dealer for more then a yuear on a referal from a mate and i got a really good reference from my boss,the salesman and a frind of my mums who sorks on the south coast collage. Detailing is a lot harder then you think there are somany chemicals many are caustic eg the degreser story i mentioned with the old detailer. Youll also be suprised how use full pretol is for a detailer say take a side view mirror the cars seen the highway alotand there are bugs all over it you use prepsol (lightly sparyed onto a rag never put it directly on the paint itll eat through it) and if the thing isnt smooth yet and has removed the bugs that means they leftindentations...your going to have to use the petrol to getit right.
    And also you want the best leather cleaner ive ever seen (or vinyl for thatmatter) Lux flakes...Thats right lux (its actually supposed to be for wool i think) you get a corse interior spounge rub some stuff of that mixed (few cups in a bucket of hot water and make sure it stays warm of it gos like jelly) rub it on let it sit for a very short time rub it off with a rag and rb a treatment over it the results are amazing.

3rd week

Well ive been there for 3 weeks things are improving havent got many funny storiesto share but a few tips rember imight makeit sound like fun but theres a lot in between like an angery indian boss (whowill be replaced by my normal booss next week) and the fact i scrub toilets and stuff rember your job says detailer but itsmore like detailer/Dogs body and like today I was in the sun alday nearly40degrese(in aussieslanguage its a lotmorein farinheight) and i was in cars that were 60 and out again into 40 and then going in the office that was 20 coupled with very static eating habits and low fluid intake i nearly keeled over today. The works itself is not overly hard just theres lotsof it. I also got blamed for somthing i didnt do nor was asked to do there was a 323 demo car with a simply grotty engine bay no one (at all out of 4 detailers) detailed yet it was my fault but you get that
    But rember you have to take the bad with the good some people treat me like im stupid so i adopt my natural stupid look.When people treat me right they get better jobs done simple fact most people have figured that out so far.
    And as for neat stories today i was driving around in a subaru Legacy which was a very nice car i had p-plateson it so its gave away my age its was fun to cruise around in and there was a reggae song playing on the radio Also a bunch of girls were waveing and were asking for a lift I so wanted to turn around if i wasn pressed for time i could of showed off in front of the "fooly syk chicks maaaaate" lol

Thread Information