Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Shooting at Virginia Tech

Shooting at Virginia Tech

Today, there was a shooting at Virginia Tech. So far, 31 people are dead. This is a great tragedy and my sympathies goes to everyone there.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18134671/

I just got back from work and saw it on the news... Really shocking. I just can't believe that people do this to each other

My thoughts are with the victims and their families and friends.
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

That is awful

I can only hope that some good comes out of it, including banning and confiscation of self loading weapons

Quote Originally Posted by nota View Post
    banning and confiscation of self loading weapons
    Myabe we should just not go there? I'm not anyway.

This absolutely horrible, and, in a selfish way, I am very glad that, until next school year, no one I know is there. My heart goes out to all the killed and injured; this is sickening.

Apparently, this is the most deadly act of this kind in US history.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat

When you go Home, Tell them for us and say 'For your tommorrow, We Gave Our Today.'

Yeah, seriously, what has this world gone to?

This is an awful tragedy and unfortunately in the end there will be stricter security measures at campuses across the nation and still no one will quit eunderstand why these things happpen.

My thoughts and prayers are with the victims, the survivors, and their families.

Falls Church (home), Charlottesville (college), Virginia, USA
    I don't know what to say. I never do, but I feel I ought to say something. I don't want to be selfish, but I hope it wasn't anyone I knew.

My heart goes out to the victims and their families.
    UCP's biggest (only?) fan of the '74-'76 Mercury Cougar.
    UCP's proudest owner of a '74 Cougar

My favorite color is chrome.

I heard that on the radio at noon... I felt totally shocked. First thought I had was about Timothy, I knew you were in Virginia mate but didn't knew where, so I kinda flipped out. I'm glad to see it wasn't where you were...

As for the victims, well, I don't have proper words for the situation, except that my thoughts are with them. That kind of story makes me feel awful.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Turns your guts when you here shooting, Turns it more when you here school of kids young adults just starting in this world with so much more ahead of them..
    Something has got to be done, I was just looking at the news here and they were saying almost all Americans are just like anyone else in the world, They don't shoot shit don't really care for guns or being arrogant stuck up hero's they go about there day like normal people. But when it came to the gun organisation and being able to restrict guns the conversation went nasty.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by nota View Post
    banning and confiscation of self loading weapons
    Because criminals would never break the law whilst committing crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Yeah, seriously, what has this world gone to?
    Indeed.

Sad that it happened, and sympathies to those involved, but...

I really don't see why we, in the UK, need to be have up-to-the-second rolling news coverage of something that, actually, doesn't really affect more than a handful of people or so who might know someone in the region.

There are more important and relevant stories to cover, both nationally and internationally, but I suppose they don't involve shaky pictures of cops with guns hiding behind patrol cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks View Post
    I really don't see why we, in the UK, need to be have up-to-the-second rolling news coverage of something that, actually, doesn't really affect more than a handful of people or so who might know someone in the region.
    Maybe there is nothing else to report there?

Yeah this was quite terrible, the saddest thing is all the loved ones who will now be missing someone

I am amazed that one man was able to kill so many people with a 9mm pistol and a .22 handgun...

It is a terrible thing when lives are ended and I don't think I have ever felt what the families of the victims are feeling right now. I mean a school is probably the last place I would expect anyone to get shot (even in the US).
    Power, whether measured as HP, PS, or KW is what accelerates cars and gets it up to top speed. Power also determines how far you take a wall when you hit it
    Engine torque is an illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks View Post
    Because criminals would never break the law whilst committing crimes.
    Your sarcasm wafts into illogic in light of our experience in cessating further gun massacres since this event, through gun control

http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial/bryant/

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    But when it came to the gun organisation and being able to restrict guns the conversation went nasty.
    Yeah mass murder is one thing .. but to even talk of gun control is beyond the pale, simply outrageous

This is the ONLY thing anyone is talking about here, I live about 100 miles away from VT, I've visited numerous times, and I was actually about to walk onto their football team at one point. I know a lot of people that go there. It was initially my number 1 school to go to, before I decided on VMI.

This scares the living shit out of me. One girl that was shot went to my high school, however she's in stable condition now. There's at least 30 people going to VT from my school next year, and what if it happens again?

My heart goes out to the families....

one of the things that actually angers me most about the shootings is the lack of communication from administration to students. ive talked to numerous people that go there and they said they were locked down but nobody told them why and they were online asking each other and checking student emails and that was only during the first shooting. the other warnings didnt come until 2 hours afterward.

Thread Information