Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Ford Falcon BA XR6 Mark 11 Road Test

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey View Post
    Bio-ethanol: FTW.

Reasons? Same fuel tank, same weight, better performance and better for the planet AND you can tell those enviro-c*nts to **** off!

Better performance only because it's a higher RON rating so you can push up comp ratios, advance timing etc, it actually contains less energy than petrol. And it can set off people's allergies, and it can and will blow carbies (I know this from experience ) and it will corrode every bit of metal in your fuel system.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Yes there needs to be tighter regulations to stop backyard fitters, I also can't believe that in 2007 most cars fitted with LPG still have the gas carby venturi systems rather than direct injection.
    LPG has been available in Australia since about 1979 so they could have at least phased out gas venturi systems about around the time that cars were becoming available with EFI (about 1985 I think)
    I guess they did not have the technology nor the demand for LPG injection then.

My LPG system has been great fitted to a VT commodore wagon with the donut tank where the spare was and the spare mounted to one side without too much loss of cargo space, I think I was lucky to find a good fitter because some friends of mine have had all kinds of problems with systems and fitters alike.
    Last edited by muso; 09-30-2007 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey View Post
    LPG: FAIL.

Reasons? Less boot space, more weight, less performance, more re-fuelling and an ugly second fuel cap on the bodywork.

Bio-ethanol: FTW.

Reasons? Same fuel tank, same weight, better performance and better for the planet AND you can tell those enviro-c*nts to **** off!
    That's why we are lucky large boots, Where a LPG in my old car would sit i have a large box and sub there and i still fit 4 boxes of 2lt diet cokes in there.. That's 32 2lt's plus shopping.. The Box weighs 27kg on it's own sub? 12" big bitch of a thing.

Backyarder LPG fitters FTL!.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

I think the older LPG systems are still surviving because theyre anything from 20-40% the price of the direct injection systems. With the government rebates, Ford offer their system at $400 now and Holdens dealer fitted system is still over $1000 despite twice as much rebate.
    I am the Stig

Hey didn't we smart Aussies make a refuel for the LPG in the existing re fuller hole??.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Dont know. If we did, it would assumably be Ford when they had both the dedicated LPG Falcon as well as the dual-fuel option. Right now they only sell petrol-only and lpg-only.
    I am the Stig

Mine has the double filler caps behind the fuel lid, I wouldn't let someone take to my car with a Jig Saw and put a gaping after market hole in it for all the world to see.

I think all after market systems these days utilize both fill points behind the fuel lid.

Thread Information