Page 10 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Forza Motorsport 3

Quote Originally Posted by Badsight View Post
    i dont care about graphics anywhere near as much as AI & handeling

FM3 needs more tracks . if it only had the same car list as FM2 , that would be PERFECTLY OK

Watkins Glen
    Bathurst
    Spa

^ absolute essentials
    i think they're more interesting in making sure you can roll the car and keep driving, and do balet sequences with bad paint jobs through fictional roads in the mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Badsight View Post
    i dont care about graphics anywhere near as much as AI & handeling
    Why GTR2 is still the best GT racing game to date.

^ AGREED ~

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik View Post
    i think they're more interesting in making sure you can roll the car and keep driving, and do balet sequences with bad paint jobs through fictional roads in the mountains.
    yeah , it gets me down . T10 dont give a stuff really . they get loads of feedback on their boards & at the end of the day they still end up pandering to kids

more worried about marketshare than making a first class game

wtfbbq?!
    T10 are possibly THE defining developer in customer relationship and development.

No other developer lets gamers help so deeply in developing the next game, taking on board what the majority want isn't a crime, so don't act like a cut snake if a minority of people don't like where the game is headed.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

And anyway.. you don't have to do ballet sequences down pretend roads with bad paint jobs.. that's just to grab the attention of the mainstream. For us there's real racers, real tracks and engaging physics. The super hardcore market is catered for.. and won't return the investment that T10 has made in the product, so they have to make it accessible to a broader range of the market. Hence there's options! Options galore!

Quote Originally Posted by whiteballz View Post
    wtfbbq?!
    No other developer lets gamers help so deeply in developing the next game, taking on board what the majority want isn't a crime, so don't act like a cut snake if a minority of people don't like where the game is headed.
    oh please

some PC games have had in-depth developer support for years before the first Xbox was released

what i see on the FM2 boards is a lot of kids with little simulation experience thinking T10 are doing something better than anywhere else

developing a supposed simulation to suit whiney gimmegimmegimme teens is the wrong direction period . there is a TON of arcade games for kids to get their quick fixes

wake up man, PC developers are in a different league, They've got a good twenty years on console programmers. I should have made myself clearer - on consoles, T10 are leagues ahead on everyone else. What i see from your post is a "purist" who wants nothing but a sim, which is fine, and T10 cater for you, just turn the assists off and only run online in custom matches. Problem solved, everyone's happy. Quit being a wet blanket.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

what do you think they program console games on ?!?!?

& what the heck is the T10 FM2 forums hosted on & viewed with ?!?!?!

T10 are not special & they are not doing anything better here . they get a lot of praise from people who either dont know much about simulation games , or who have had little experience from simulation racing games

im sorry that im not giving T10 a verbal blowjob , im not a fan of dumbing down & giving moron kids what they want

I think they program them on banana leaves and then feed them to monkeys which type them on hard-copy.

What does what they program on have anything to do with the point in question? User generated content has been around since before doom on the PC, with it only taking off on consoles within the past four years. It takes time to advance the flow and design of games, and T10 are years ahead in terms of customer relations on the Xbox360 to any other developer.

What exactly is T10 doing so wrong by their planned features in Forza 3? Its obviously something huge and irreversibly disastrous to warrant such a response from you.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

lol pc elitists
    if only pc gaming still mattered.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

New screens and more cars announced including a couple of Italians, a few Brits, a Spaniard, a Frenchie and some Swedes Swede. My interest has been properly grabbed with this bunch of cars. Turbo'd V6 in a MiTo anybody???

Oh Look, More Forza 3 Screens (And A European Release Date) | Kotaku Australia

Oh yeah and we get the game 3 weeks before the boys over the pond do!!!
    "When I see an Alfa Romeo go by, I tip my hat." - Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    lol pc elitists
    if only pc gaming still mattered.
    lolled

People fail to understand that T10 can not release Forza 3 as a full-on sim a la GTR2 because it will NOT sell, and they have a budget / sales figure to reach. If I ask 10 friends if they have heard of Gran Turismo and the GTR series, I'd imagine 9/10 are aware of Gran Turismo while at best, 1/10 know GTR -- assuming you take into account your average sample. Like ballz said, the game offers a vast amount of everything.. maybe it lacks a few tracks or doesn't encompass every finite detail of in-car physics but, isn't that what a real car with a real steering wheel on a real track with real competitors is for?
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

It's hilarious to compare simulations when we never drove all those cars, let alone an MC12 in GT1 specs.
    AFAIK, GTR (which I think it's excellent) could be all rubbish, while I can say right now GT4 sucked at fwd simulation, because I know about fwd driving.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    lolled

People fail to understand that T10 can not release Forza 3 as a full-on sim a la GTR2 because it will NOT sell
    well the devs of Race Pro managed to get investor funding

T10 are sell outs & i dont give credit where it isnt due

You still failed to enlighten us as to why they are sellouts.

Perhaps ground your argument before blindly clinging to attacking.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Thread Information