Thread: What should i do?

What should i do?

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YOU GUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUYS

I need your opinions...what should I do?

I'm debating between keeping my kit car and selling it. I really would love to keep it, I love the look of it, but I'm not sure I want to make it RWD. I'd love to make it AWD but that's a lot of time and money and I'm not sure it will work. I might have the money, but time is an issue. There's also a lot of fabrication work.

Or, should I sell it, and get something else, like something AWD? I was thinking of highly modifying an AMC eagle into a rally car. Like full on modification, with independant rear suspension and a 304 v8 swap, along with a new transfer case? This might actually be SCCA legal for open class, btw.

What do you think I should do? I'm so confused....and I want something fun to drive.
    And Iraaaaaaaaaaaan

Iran's so far awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay...

ROR

Quote Originally Posted by sandwich
    I need your opinions...what should I do?
    Did you enjoy building and modding the kit car ?
    If yes, then I think the idea of taking a car and modding it to make your won rally car is viable.
    BUT, make sure and plan out the expense
    You know it will be more than you'd imagine !!
    If that budget's too high then maybe you need to aim lower re the competitiveness of the car or start off with something already prepped.
    There's a lot of learning in setting up a car for rally events on tarmac and loose, never mind designing it to start with
    My experience is that kit cars don't make greata rally cars.
    Ground clearance for one as most kits are really racers.
    Secondly, body stiffness - you have to give up somethign to get the lightness of a kit !
    Third option,come over to the UK and pick up a fully prepped with MSA papers for less than the cost of an engine and tranny for a tuned V8 !!
    I think I'm going to start up a wee business.
    Come to Scotland and enjoy a B&B and the weather (!) and take home a rally car.
    What do you think ?

sounds good to me....throw a couple good beers in and you have a deal...you have any lancia deltas over there?

The kit car wouldn't be competitive, just crazy fun to drive.
    And Iraaaaaaaaaaaan

Iran's so far awaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay...

ROR

Thread Information