Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lexus LS 430 (XF30) 2000-2006

Lexus LS 430 (XF30) 2000-2006

Lexus LS 430 Remains the Pinnacle of Luxury Driving and Quality
    09/07/2004

The Lexus LS 430, which recently received a mid-cycle freshening, remains the prestige luxury market segment leader in sales and documented quality. The three generations of Lexus LS sedans have garnered more J.D. Power and Associate awards for quality than any other luxury car and have won the J.D. Power and Associates Vehicle Dependability Study every year that they have been eligible.

"The LS 430 is the pinnacle of Lexus luxury and technology," said Lexus Group Vice President and General Manager Denny Clements. "It has become the leader in its segment by combining classic luxury that indulges and pampers the occupants with documented leadership in quality, durability and reliability."

While pampering occupants, the Lexus LS 430 helps to protect them with advanced dynamic and passive safety technology. The LS 430 in 2004 became the first Lexus model equipped with the new Pre-Collision System (PCS), which can help reduce collision severity and damage.

The advanced PCS uses a millimeter-wave radar to detect obstacles in front of the car and a pre-collision system computer with vehicle speed, steering angle and yaw rate inputs that help to determine in advance whether a collision is unavoidable. If the system determines that a collision is not avoidable, it can preemptively activate the Pre-Collision seatbelt to retract the driver's and front passenger's seatbelts. PCS also prepares the Brake Assist system, which, after the driver applies the brakes, automatically applies increased braking force to help reduce collision speed.

The LS 430 is powered by a 4.3-liter double overhead-cam V8 engine that produces 290 horsepower at 5,600 RPM and 320 lb.-ft. of torque at 3,400 RPM. Continuously Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (VVT-i) ensures excellent low- and mid-range power for easy highway merging. The Lexus LS 430 can effortlessly accelerate from zero-to-60 mph in 5.9 seconds. The LS 430 was one of the first gasoline V8 vehicles to be certified as an Ultra Low Emissions Vehicle (ULEV).

Smoothness Is Part of Lexus DNA
    Attention to driving smoothness in the LS 430 begins with a system called Intuitive Powertrain Control. Working with the electronic throttle control (drive by wire), the system helps to smooth out acceleration from a standing start by very slightly delaying throttle opening when the driver steps on the accelerator pedal.

Next comes a six-speed sequential shift automatic transmission. Shift Logic Control responds to road grade and acceleration/deceleration activity, holding gears or downshifting on hills to help provide better engine power or braking. A Sequential Shift feature allows the driver to enjoy a more involved driving experience by controlling gearshifts manually, when desired.

Responsive handling makes the LS 430 engaging to drive, yet ride quality remains a benchmark of smoothness. The front and rear double wishbone suspension systems, which feature monotube shock absorbers, contribute to flat cornering responses and provide an uncannily smooth ride. Seventeen-inch alloy wheels are standard, with available 18-inch wheels featuring 245/45R18 low-profile tires for sharpened handling response. An optional Sport Package makes the LS 430 surprisingly responsive and stable, yet still compliant and comfortable.

Advanced Dynamic and Passive Safety Technology
    In the LS 430, safety starts with a high-strength body structure with front and rear crumple zone structures to help protect a reinforced passenger compartment. Lexus optimized the structure for crash-compatibility with other passenger vehicles, as well. The Supplemental Restraint Systems (SRS) in the LS 430 include variable-force front airbags. Sensors determine the severity of a collision and, in turn, the force with which to deploy the front airbags, helping to provide an appropriate level of occupant restraint performance.

The front seat-mounted side airbags have been redesigned to provide a greater coverage area, and the body structure has been strengthened to meet the latest side impact standards, which take into account higher-riding vehicles such as SUVs. Front and rear side curtain airbags help provide protection in certain types of severe side impacts. The LS 430 also features knee airbags for the driver and front passenger as standard equipment.

To help optimize visibility, the LS 430 includes as standard daytime running lights, LED brake lights and rain-sensing windshield wiper operation. One of the most advanced automotive lighting systems on the road bundles as standard equipment High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlights with auto-levelers and the Adaptive Front lighting System (AFS), which helps illuminate a turn or curve as the driver steers into it.

A four-channel, four-sensor anti-lock brake system (ABS) can help the driver maintain steering control during sudden stops by preventing brake lock-up. Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD) optimizes braking pressure at each wheel to help minimize body dive or sway during hard braking and cornering, and the Brake Assist system can help the driver take full advantage of the ABS in emergency situations. Brake Assist is designed to determine if the driver is attempting emergency braking and, if the driver has not stepped firmly enough on the brake pedal to activate the ABS, it applies maximum braking pressure until pedal pressure is released.

Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) helps control side skids under demanding conditions by detecting and helping to correct loss of lateral traction during cornering. The VSC system integrates traction control (TRAC) to help limit rear wheelspin on slippery road surfaces.

A Tire Pressure Monitor (TPM) can detect if a tire is significantly under-inflated and alert the driver with an indicator light on the instrument panel to a condition that could potentially lead to uneven tire wear or a loss of control.

Exceeding Expectations

The Lexus LS 430 continues a tradition of infusing luxury with value, and customers seeking understated elegance appreciate the resulting combination. The LS 430 offers three wood finishes and five leather interior colors, allowing customers to truly custom-tailor the car to their tastes.

The LS 430 provides more front leg- and headroom than the externally larger Mercedes-Benz S-Class, as well as greater cabin volume (107.2 cu. ft. vs. 105.0 cu. ft.) and a larger trunk (20.2 cu. ft. or 17.5 cu. ft. with the rear air conditioner vs. 15.4 cu. ft. for the S-Class). The LS 430 is among the most aerodynamically "slippery" cars in the world, nearly eliminating wind noise with an ultra-low 0.26 coefficient of drag (Cd) with its standard suspension and a 0.25 Cd with the available air suspension.

Lexus places a priority on reducing driver distraction for both safety and comfort reasons. The LS 430 exceeds expectations for advanced luxury features, yet keeps controls simple and easy to learn and use. Adjustments for the front seats (14-way for driver, 10-way for passenger) include dual lumbar controls and adjustable cushion length for more comfortable thigh support for the driver, as well as a single lumbar control for the passenger.

The standard wood/leather-wrapped steering wheel features easy-to-use controls for the audio system, which includes a standard in-dash, single-feed six-disc CD changer, and a 15-function information display with a trip computer and compass. The climate control system uses temperature and sun-sensing intelligent swing registers. If sunlight is concentrated on one side of the car, the registers automatically deliver more cooling air to that side. A power moonroof and power rear sunshade, as well as the rear seat vanity mirrors, also are standard features.

The available DVD-based Lexus Navigation System offers faster performance and far greater map data capacity than CD-ROM systems (one DVD disc covers the contiguous United States and several areas in Canada). The system displays maps and route instructions on a seven-inch touch screen, and its voice-command feature allows hands-free use.

The navigation system features easy-to-understand graphics, phone number-based address location and building footprint display for major U.S. cities.

The navigation system integrates Bluetooth® wireless technology. When combined with a compatible Bluetooth®-equipped phone, this global wireless technology allows the driver to transfer personal phone books to the navigation system and make hands-free phone calls through the navigation system's touch-screen control panel.

Customers can place a hands-free call in different ways depending on preference. To help avoid driver distraction, the one-touch dial feature is the only dialing function that a driver can access when the vehicle is in motion. The system can store up to 18 one-touch dial numbers. Some Bluetooth functions are disabled when the vehicle is in motion, and the driver can use steering wheel controls to answer and end calls as well as adjust call volume.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

The Pinnacle of Lexus Luxury
    The available Dynamic Laser Cruise Control system is designed to maintain a set distance from the vehicle traveling in front of it. (Models equipped with the Pre-Collision System instead use radar-based dynamic cruise control.) When parking, the available Intuitive Parking Assist system uses ultrasonic sensors to alert the driver to obstacles at the front, rear and corners of the vehicle.

Options that further define Lexus luxury include rear climate control seats for models equipped with the Ultra Luxury package, which includes front climate control seats.

The available rear air conditioner features an optical deodorizer in addition to a particle filter. The unit uses a catalyst-coated filter and an ultraviolet light to help break down odor-causing elements.

A rear backup camera provides an extra margin of confidence when reversing the LS 430. Available in conjunction with the optional navigation system, it automatically projects an image of what the camera lens can detect behind the vehicle onto the navigation screen when the vehicle is in the reverse gear.

Available XM Satellite Radio provides CD-quality sound and a wide selection of music and news/talk stations coast-to-coast.

The available SmartAccess feature allows the driver to unlock and start the car simply by touching the door handle (with key fob in pocket) and then turning the ignition switch without removing the key fob from a pocket or purse. The SmartAccess key fob transmits a radio signal to onboard antennas, authorizing the security system to unlock the car and permit engine starting. The system includes a SmartAccess key wallet card that allows the driver to unlock and start the car if the main key fob is lost.

Ultimate Luxury
    The LS 430 is one of several Lexus models to offer a high-end Mark Levinson premium audio system. All occupants enjoy optimal sound quality, no matter where they are sitting.

The Custom Luxury Selection and Ultra Luxury Selection option packages include the Mark Levinson premium audio system, and other amenities that can make the LS 430 a suitable chauffer-driven vehicle. Highlights of both packages include:
    * DVD-based Lexus Navigation System with seven-inch screen and voice-command control
    * Front climate control seats with heating and cooling controls
    * Power front and rear door closers
    * Headlamp washers
    * Intuitive Parking Assist
    * Rear audio controls and rear climate controls (Ultra Luxury Package only)

For the ultimate in ride comfort, the Ultra Luxury Selection option package equips the LS 430 with an air suspension system and height control. The Ultra Luxury Selection also adds rear climate control seats, rear seat swivel reading lights, manual rear door sun shades, rear seat adjusters with power slide and memory, and rear seat massage. Several of these items are available separately and in other option packages.

Lexus LS430 #3

Lexus LS430 #4

Oh man what a beauty!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    Ultimate Luxury
    The LS 430 is one of several Lexus models to offer a high-end Mark Levinson premium audio system. All occupants enjoy optimal sound quality, no matter where they are sitting.
    What about if they're in the boot?

Quote Originally Posted by Spastik_Roach
    What about if they're in the boot?
    if they're in the boot, i think the last thing they're worried about is good sound quality from the CD player
    "We first fought the heathens in the name of religion, then Communism, and now in the name of drugs and terrorism. Our excuses for global domination always change." - Serj Tanikan

"Dusting is a good example of the futility of trying to put things right. As soon as you dust, the fact of your next dusting has already been established." - George Carlin

Lexus LS430 #5

Lexus LS430 #6

Lexus LS430 #7

Oh this car is pretty!

Looks like an old S-Class to me.
    You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by andy.muc
    Exactly my thoughts, looks dated, and copied.
    "It feels loud, fast and scary. It feels like someone has torn off your arm and is beating you to death with the soggy end." Clarkson talking about a TVR.

Quote Originally Posted by andy.muc
    I was really really about to mention that
    There are rather similar...

Put a 3 pointed star on the bootlid and i'd swear it was a Merc.

However, a very nice car.

Thread Information