Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ariel Atom 1996-

Ariel Atom 1996-

Ariel Atom #1:
    Attached Images Attached Images

looks like Tiff Needel driving!
    "It feels loud, fast and scary. It feels like someone has torn off your arm and is beating you to death with the soggy end." Clarkson talking about a TVR.

Ariel Atom #2:

Photo credits go to Marco Zampa, thanks for providing me these exclusive and amazing hi-res pics, mate
    Ariel Atom #3:
    Last edited by McLareN; 01-06-2005 at 11:31 AM.

Germany -> West Germany -> NRW -> Düsseldorf
    Saw it on TopGear... man this car rocks, I want to have one... but I think it is impossible to get a license for it here in Germany
    WRC - That's motorsport!

"If you can see the tree you are about to hit, it is called 'understeering'. If you can only hear and feel it, it was 'oversteering'."
    Walter Röhrl

thos are sooooo cool. im wondering though, why is the steering wheel on the left if its a british car?
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Auckland, New Zealand & Balikpapan, Indonesia
    one thing i dont get about the atom.... why did the guys at ariel decided to make the car a 2 seater? it's going to be used for racing mostly... so why not make it into a one seater instead? no one would drive that car around the city really... even though it's road legal
    "Rejection is better than regret. It's better to try and know you did your part, than to spend the rest of your days wishing you had tried"

Hey if that is a British car, why the steering wheel on the wrong side? Or is it not British?

The big "I" on the numberplate is a clue - its Italian, and they drive on the wrong side of the road, hence placement of steering wheel.
    Thanks for all the fish

Germany -> West Germany -> NRW -> Düsseldorf
    Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    The big "I" on the numberplate is a clue - its Italian, and they drive on the wrong side of the road, hence placement of steering wheel.

No, you guys on your little island are driving on the wrong side of the road. Or can you explain me, why nearly 80 % of all people are driving on the right side and not on the left?

The car really is british, but this is the LWD version and is licensed in Italy.
    WRC - That's motorsport!

"If you can see the tree you are about to hit, it is called 'understeering'. If you can only hear and feel it, it was 'oversteering'."
    Walter Röhrl

Quote Originally Posted by netburner
    No, you guys on your little island are driving on the wrong side of the road. Or can you explain me, why nearly 80 % of all people are driving on the right side and not on the left?
    Because we didn't get beaten by Napoleon.

Before he came along the convention was for every one to "drive" on the left, due to it being easier to draw your sword and defend your right side, the side "in danger" if you are on the left of a road.

If you are on the right, you have to reach across, and you are somewhat restricted.

Napoleon, being left handed, and arrogant, decreed that everyone should travel on the right.

As he was in charge of Europe at the time it became convention.

As for driving the right is the "wrong" side as it requires you to take your stronger hand off the wheel to change gear.
    Thanks for all the fish

Before he came along the convention was for every one to "drive" on the left, due to it being easier to draw your sword and defend your right side, the side "in danger" if you are on the left of a road.

If you are on the right, you have to reach across, and you are somewhat restricted.

Napoleon, being left handed, and arrogant, decreed that everyone should travel on the right.

As for driving the right is the "wrong" side as it requires you to take your stronger hand off the wheel to change gear.
    The USA, Canada, Mexico, etc. were not beaten by Napolean, and it is to my recolection that Poland (I think) actually switched sides of the road at one point.

Anyway, This car reminds me of a reinterpretation of the lotus Elise 350R.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

Quote Originally Posted by Esperante
    The USA, Canada, Mexico, etc. were not beaten by Napolean, and it is to my recolection that Poland (I think) actually switched sides of the road at one point.
    The point was you copied Europe
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    The point was you copied Europe
    Not if we had already established our 'siding' system on our own.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

Does it really matter what side of the road you or we drive on? Driving on the left and sitting on the right of the car seems natural and correct to you guys cuz that's how and what you learned in. Same with us. This is one of those, no one is right or wrong situations.

I recon your refering to right handed people. I am as most people are I guess, so our strong hand is also the one we have more control over. So to me it makes perfect sence to use it to shift gears. Besides, with modern power steering, you don't need a strong arm to be able to drive.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Thread Information