Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bentley Continental Flying Spur 2005-2012

Bentley Continental Flying Spur 2005-2012

This car is bentley's latest Sedan.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    This guy is so lazy that only one eye was left...

More pics...1

Does it have the same W-12 as the coupe? Thats a niiiice looking car. IMO the most beautiful cars in the world are Bentleys and Astons.

I sent this to Matt VIA PM and to my Suprise I beat him to it!
    My Site - GTHS

http://www.angelfire.com/ult/gt4hotspot

Bentley has unveiled a new saloon, reviving a classic name from its history, badging it Continental Flying Spur. The all-new four-door Grand Tourer joins the Continental GT coupe and Arnage limousine in the Bentley range. A fourth model, a cabriolet based on the Arnage is anticipated to complete the Bentley range in 2006.

Pricing for the flying Spur is expected to be similar to that of the £112,750 Continental GT coupe that it shares much of its technology with. Most obvious is the sharing of the 6.0-litre, twin turbocharged, 12-cylinder engine which develops 552bhp, which gives the Flying Spur the ability to exceed 190mph. Unsurprisingly with all that power the Continental Flying Spur gets a version of the four-wheel-drive transmission of its GT coupe relative, too.

Design

Elegant and understated style was the aim of the design team and first impressions suggest they’ve been successful. The quad headlamp arrangement and bold grille of the Flying Spur are an unmistakable contemporary Bentley trademark, the rest of the car exhibiting stylish, yet muscular restraint. Bentley’s head of design, Dirk van Braeckel said: “We were very conscious that the Continental Flying Spur had to make a sporting statement when people first saw it – after all it’s a Bentley.”

He adds: “From the beginning, Bentleys have been quite reserved when it comes to design. It has always been recognised that Bentleys are much less ostentatious than rivals of similar price. The new Bentley Continental Flying Spur embodies that Bentley ethos of understated elegance.”
    My Site - GTHS

More pics...2

Inside

The interior is bedecked in the quality leathers and wood veneers that typify Bentley cabins, chrome bullseye ventilation outlets and organ stop controls ensuring the Flying Spur’s cabin is familiar to existing Bentley owners. Customers will be offered the choice of either a four seat layout with a central console between two electrically operated rear seats, or a full-width rear seat.

Standard equipment levels are comprehensive, with four-zone climate control and an advanced infotainment system, Chairman Dr Franz-Josef Paefgen stating: “The Continental Flying Spur has all the technology our customers will want and need. They will not have to trawl through an options list for hours with their dealer because everything is included. What they will enjoy, however, is the experience of tailoring the car to their taste and style.”

Engine

In addition to the sumptuous luxury of the interior the Continental Flying Spur offers supercar levels of performance. The 6.0-litre, W12-cylinder engine produces its maximum torque from just 1,600rpm, ensuring effortless pace. That mighty powerplant enables it to despatch the 0-62mph dash in around five seconds and reach speeds exceeding 190mph - should your meeting be in Germany. Bentley doesn’t quote a consumption figures yet, but except little more than 15mpg on a good day.

Four-wheel-drive ensures that all its power can be used, even in poor weather conditions, while air suspension allows you to adjust its levels on the move, from cosseting to sporting. Combined with a six-speed automatic transmission that can either be left in fully automatic mode, or manually controlled by the driver via paddle shifters located behind the steering wheel, the Flying Spur will be able to morph from refined limousine to sports saloon when the mood takes you.
    My Site - GTHS

Wow... cool...

More pics...3

only 1600 rpm? i got to 5800 today in my chevy colorado with an inline-5 engine....
    IF ANYBODY KNOWS ANY INFO REGARDING FERRARI ENZO SERIAL NUMBERS/ (COLORS IN) LOCATIONS/ ANYTHING AT ALL THAT IS RELATED TO THIS....PM ME WHAT YOU KNOW. THANKS

"The Ferrari is the girl you bring home to your parents. The Lamborghini is the wild slut you sleep with on the weekend." -Road & Track

brazilians are hot

The last

Very nice companion to the GT and loads better looking than a Maybach.

Very handsome looking car. That leather looks so creamy it looks as if I could spread it on my toast. Looks quite similar to every other Bentley, but this one in a good way.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

I've moved this to the High-Res Hideout so that all of us can enjoy the pics. And not have to search.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

I can't believe they just stuck the lights from the Continental GT on there... come on Bentley, they're charging £100,000 - it isn't as if they need to save money on such things.

They just don't look good, especially the rears - they don't "fit in" with the rest of the design.

Why ruin a nice design with such poor attention to detail?

4wd and still using the W12 ahead of the front axle = great recipie for understeer on a Bentley. Disgraceful.

Rwd & V8 or 12 - as it always has been, yet they'll still try using the word "tradition" in the marketing.

BMW took RR by the horns and managed to come up with a car that summed up everything a Rolls should be. VAG took Bentley and ruined it.

A Bentley is a driver's car, not some Maybach rivalling pluto-barge.
    Thanks for all the fish

Thread Information