Thread: Cadillac DTS 2005-2011

Cadillac DTS 2005-2011

2006 Cadillac DTS: Large-Sedan Luxury With Performance

• Cadillac-Signature Exterior Styling
    • All-New Interior
    • Refined Chassis Tuning
    • Northstar 4.6L V-8 Engine

CHICAGO – The new 2006 Cadillac DTS is the luxury nameplate’s latest addition to its continued product renaissance. From its Cadillac-signature exterior styling to its power and refined ride characteristics, the DTS is the product of unwavering attention to detail.

This front-wheel-drive large luxury sedan incorporates a single-model strategy (one exterior, one interior with multiple option packages) and follows Cadillac’s alpha naming strategy established by the CTS.

DTS is designed and engineered to continue the sales success of its predecessor, the DeVille, which has accounted for nearly 50 percent of sales in its segment for the past 19 years.

Redesigned exterior

Cadillac’s contemporary design vocabulary has been applied to the front and rear portions of the DTS, graphically bringing it in line with the marque’s portfolio.

The DTS is equipped with new front-end sheet metal, grille, fascia and standard high-intensity xenon headlamps. The decklid, rear quarter, rear fascia and light emitting diode (LED) tail lamps and CHMSL are also new.

At first glance, DTS reflects the strengths and appeal of the Cadillac brand with its vertically shaped headlamps and tail lamps, egg crate grille, horizontal spline lines and dihedral-shaped hood. The result is an exterior style that is more architectural and linear than its predecessor and an overall form vocabulary that distinctly separates the DTS from its competition.

All-new interior design

An all-new sophisticated interior on the DTS incorporates a clean, sculpted contemporary design consisting of genuine materials, fabrics and low-gloss, tactile surfaces.

Refinements include dual-firmness seats optimally engineered for comfort and support with an additional 25 mm (approximately 1-inch) of seat travel; available real burl wood garnish; a lowered and more forward-positioned instrument panel for increased perceived spaciousness; a new analog clock; soft-backed, cast-urethane surfaces on the instrument panel and upper doors; and an integrated center stack design for a clean, uninterrupted appearance.

Powertrain

The DTS is equipped with the technologically advanced Northstar 4.6L V-8 engine mated to the Hydra-Matic 4T80-E four-speed automatic transmission – a proven powertrain combination that assures a level of sophisticated performance consistent with the inherent refinement of the vehicle.

The Northstar 4.6L V-8 engine is available in two configurations: the 290-horsepower L37 and the 275-horsepower LD8 (horsepower ratings are estimated). The L37 version is a responsive, higher revving powerplant with more peak horsepower and a higher redline (6700 rpm vs. 6500 rpm). The LD8 puts more emphasis on quick launch and part-throttle response with greater peak torque.

Chassis refinements

Chassis tuning on the DTS has focused on achieving a smooth, quiet, refined ride.

Perhaps the biggest differentiator between the current DeVille offerings and the DTS comes in the form of an entirely new front cradle design. On the DTS, the engine is mounted to the cradle, and the cradle is mounted to the body rails.

A host of integrated chassis control technologies include four-channel anti-lock brakes and traction control, four-channel StabiliTrak with Brake Assist, and Magnetic Ride Control. The DTS also employs larger 17- or 18-inch wheels and tires as well as larger 323-mm brakes for enhanced stopping power.

Technology

Comfort, convenience and safety offerings on the DTS are plentiful and include heated and cooled front seats; heated rear seats; heated steering wheel; standard tri-zone climate control; Adaptive Remote Start with personalization; heated windshield washer fluid; rain-sensing wipers; power folding outside rearview mirrors; front and rear ultrasonic park assist; IntelliBeam automatic high-beam headlamps; in-dash six-CD changer and MP3 player; standard dual-stage (driver) and dual-depth (front passenger) air bags, roof-rail curtain air bags, and front seat side-impact thorax air bags; a passenger occupant detection air bag suppression system; adaptive cruise control (ACC) with audible and visual alerts; OnStar; XM radio; and DVD navigation system.

Precise dimensional accuracy

Literally hundreds of criteria points have been strictly adhered to throughout the development of the vehicle – the result is outstanding fit, finish and overall harmony of the elements.

The DTS is executed to some of the tightest tolerances in the industry. The result is extremely tight surface-to-surface relationships that enable the vehicle to appear as if it were crafted from a single piece of billet steel.

Safety refinements

The DTS is designed and engineered with top priority given to occupant safety and protection. This reinforces Cadillac’s long-standing reputation for providing safe occupant environments in premium vehicles. Six air bags are standard including an industry-first dual depth front passenger air bag. The GM-patented technology deploys either a shallow (smaller) or deep (larger) air bag depending upon the severity of the crash, seat belt usage, and occupant seating position.

The DTS will be manufactured at GM’s award-winning Detroit Hamtramck assembly center and is expected to arrive in Cadillac showrooms in the fall of 2005. In addition to the U.S. and Canada, the DTS will be exported for sale in Mexico, Taiwan, Korea, Japan, Saudi Arabia and Kuwait. Pricing will be announced closer to the launch.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Duell; 09-25-2013 at 01:48 AM.
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Wasn't that Bush's ugly limousine? (I mean the same model) I hate it.

Cadillac DTS #2

Cadillac DTS #3

Cadillac DTS #4

Cadillac DTS #5

Cadillac DTS #6

Quote Originally Posted by carlover
    Wasn't that Bush's ugly limousine? (I mean the same model) I hate it.
    Why is it, that every modern car (esp. American) is greeted with such hatred here in UCP
    Cheer up, mate

2010 DTS #7

I guess that with the arrival of the XTS this marks the end of an era.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Cadillac DTS #8
    Visca Catalunya!

Cadillac DTS #9
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information