Thread: Dodge Caliber Concept

Dodge Caliber Concept

Dodge Reveals Global Concept Car

Geneva, Feb 11, 2005
    A New Slant on One of the World's Most Competitive Segments

Powerful Dodge design statement shatters conventional definition of a compact car for the global market
    Dodge designers aimed their sketch pads at the global car market and the result is the bold, distinctive Dodge Caliber concept — a five-door vehicle that combines a sporty coupe-like profile with the strength, stance and functionality of an SUV.

Caliber's sheer surface styling commands attention and evokes attributes that define the Dodge brand: bold, powerful, capable and street smart. This concept, painted stunning Sunburst Orange, would appeal to buyers looking for a compact car that stands out from the crowd and gives them the flexibility to do more in terms of seating friends and storing gear.

“With its bold styling and clever packaging, Caliber is pure Dodge,” said Trevor Creed, Senior Vice President - Design, Chrysler Group. “This concept is a new slant on one of the world’s most competitive segments. The Dodge Caliber concept brings emotion to the C-segment sea of sameness and strongly hints at the future direction of Dodge in the global car market.”

Bold, Powerful Proportions with Razor Sharp Lines

There’s no mistaking Caliber – this concept has Dodge’s imprint stamped into its DNA from the grille to the chrome exhaust pipe, and every body panel in between.

The signature crosshair grille gives Caliber the distinct face of Dodge and defines its strong, muscular front view. Wide, sculpted wheel forms, impressive 19-inch wheels and tires, broad shoulders and bulging hood give Caliber its proud, powerful stance. Large, crystal headlamps and fog lights complement the chrome grille and create an integrated look that completes Caliber's modular appearance.

A black graphic appliqué runs the length of the roof and melds into an integrated spoiler, creating a coupe-like quality from the side view. Dodge’s “do more” philosophy is evident in Caliber's five doors, including a rear hatch, which provide easy access to the vehicle’s spacious interior.

New and unique glass-to-body proportions give the Caliber concept a tough, protective presence. The forward sweep of the tailgate emphasizes Caliber's sporty profile. Chrome door handles and body-side moldings add a sense of style and polish that completes Caliber's machined exterior.

The rear view of the Dodge Caliber is as distinctive and powerful as the front grille. The black roof spoiler with center high-mounted stop lamp, the chrome exhaust tail pipe, and large, modular crystal taillamps that fill Caliber's rear corners provide distinct focal points of Caliber's design.

“Dodge Caliber's bold, graphic design and inherent interior functionality shatter the conventional definition of a compact car,” Creed added. “It strongly hints at what Dodge can do to appeal to global markets.”

Dodge sold more than 1.4 million vehicles worldwide in 2004. With a 6.9 percent market share, Dodge is the fifth largest nameplate in the United States and will arrive in European volume segments in 2006.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Dodge Caliber Concept #2

Dodge Caliber Concept #3

Dodge Caliber Concept #4

Dodge Caliber Concept #5

lovely pictures mattypoo
    badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

WHy the hell are ford and dodge making all of their cars look the exact same?!?!?! Its really pissing me off!!!I REALLY hope chev doesnt go that rout.
    UPC's most heavy Bawls drinker. :D

its a mini durango... dodge is smoking some good shit in their styling department, the charger, the durango, this... i can live with the other cars but if they replace the neon with this i will loose all faith in a manufacturer i already have little faith in.

but they will probly make an srt version with a hemi just so ppl would buy it...
    UCP's Most Hardcore Burro!

Being human explains everything but excuses nothing

I wonder if American cars are ever going to start getting smaller overall... I don't mean just one model like the Chevy Aveo, I mean on the whole. That's something that we haven't seen since the demise of the massive boats in the 70s.

I like this car, in styling at least. Looks quite funky.

Don't know what it is though? Mini-MPV? Wannabe 4wd?

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    I wonder if American cars are ever going to start getting smaller overall... I don't mean just one model like the Chevy Aveo, I mean on the whole. That's something that we haven't seen since the demise of the massive boats in the 70s.
    The new Corvette is smaller. But I see where you're coming from, it seems like every new model that comes out is larger than the old by a few inches. But as long as powertrain advances continue and fuel prices stay low (relatively), I wouldn't look for smaller cars.
    "It's the only car I've ever driven that'll spin the wheels at 200 mph."
    -Mark Donohue, talking about the Penske 917/30 twin-turbo Porsche Can-Am car.

Thread Information