Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Caterham CSR 260

Caterham unleashes new supercar

The latest, and most radical, evolution of Britain’s supercar bashing two-seater has arrived.

After waiting patiently since last October, Caterham will begin delivery of the much-heralded Seven CSR 260 road car to customers next month.

The Cosworth powered range-topper will hit 60mph in just 3.1 seconds, race on to a top speed of 155mph, and deliver more smiles per mile than anything else on the road.

With mouth-watering performance, race-circuit honed handling and F1 style suspension, more than 60 examples of the 260bhp Caterham Seven have already been ordered.

This is unprecedented demand given that customers are yet to drive a road going version of the CSR 260. The bespoke Cosworth tuned 2.3-litre engine produces 200lbs ft of torque, giving unprecedented power delivery and awesome acceleration in any gear.

“When you look at the performance, there is nothing quite like the Caterham CSR 260 for its value. You can guarantee, it’ll embarrass many a supercar,” says Ansar Ali, managing director of Caterham Cars.

He adds: “It is a peerless performer on both the road and the race track, and proof that we intend to remain at the pinnacle of lightweight, high performance sportscar design and manufacturing.”

The race version of the CSR 260 will also take centre stage in the new Cosworth Caterham Masters for 2005 – an endurance series across six of the finest driver’s circuits on the Continent including Spa, Valencia and Nurburgring.
    The Caterham Seven CSR 260 is priced from £34,000.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Caterham CSR 260 #2
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ive never liked this car, its got an average engine with a lightweight body, but even with that, its slow as hell

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik
    Ive never liked this car, its got an average engine with a lightweight body, but even with that, its slow as hell
    0 to 60 in 3.1 seconds is slow? you an I must have VERY different opinions of "slow"
    ...Utah! Get me two...

Quote Originally Posted by nopassn
    0 to 60 in 3.1 seconds is slow? you an I must have VERY different opinions of "slow"
    You beet me to it nopassn, I'd hate to see his idea of fast Cotterik, just say: "I hate this car."
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

hahaha, no its just not very fast compared to all the other cars, like in the drag race with the tvr and the aston etc, the catheram is left behind dramatically. Its not slow in any respects, its just not.... FAST

Are you sure it was the CSR 260 or just some other Caterham?

So it's only got a top speed of 155 mph, that's still enough to get you arrested
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

hahaha, no its just not very fast compared to all the other cars, like in the drag race with the tvr and the aston etc, the catheram is left behind dramatically. Its not slow in any respects, its just not.... FAST
    Take in mind ive seen a less powerful Caterham eat a Tuscan S for break for breakfast around Brands Hatch. And im not just talking about on the corners, it completley destroyed it on the straights. I think it was an R300. It just hasnt got much top end power .. but its a track car, not a top speed machine. Loads of people I know who do track days fear these things. A Noble owner (GTO3R) got owned by an R300. Everyones equally scared of Radicals too. Its not meant to be luxury, its meant for fast track use.

The definition of fast is "Allowing rapid movement or action: a fast running track.". That means acceleration. Quick is defined as "Moving or functioning rapidly and energetically; speedy.". Fast and Quick are the same thing mate

the factory had the new Caterham super lightweights at Brands one of the days I was there. You do NOT try to keep up with these guys in the twisties - I felt I must have had the handbrake on through Dingle !! They also swarm all over you at the braking points - mainly coz they stay on the throttle for another 15 yards
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    the factory had the new Caterham super lightweights at Brands one of the days I was there. You do NOT try to keep up with these guys in the twisties - I felt I must have had the handbrake on through Dingle !! They also swarm all over you at the braking points - mainly coz they stay on the throttle for another 15 yards
    How do the Elise and Exige compare to the Caterhams on the track?

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami
    How do the Elise and Exige compare to the Caterhams on the track?
    Caterhams a little twitchier and a little faster.
    Course it depdnds which Caterham or 7-copy.
    Some are outragously over-powered and make it a nightmare to come out of a corner on throttle so lose out to the better rear end grip the mid engine Elise/Exige gives.
    Elise/Exige are generally softer too, so on a cambered circiut they can lose out a lot worse.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Do you live in some kind of parallel universe where only rusty white XR2's with Fido Dido stickers appear 'fast' ??
    Pulling CV's

even though caterham held the 0-100-0 record for a while until the mclaren f1 lm came along and i'm sure this new improved one will make a good stab at getting it back

Quote Originally Posted by derekthetree
    even though caterham held the 0-100-0 record for a while until the mclaren f1 lm came along and i'm sure this new improved one will make a good stab at getting it back
    I believe a Caterham (or maybe it was some other 7 maker) has already regained that crown.

Thread Information