Thread: ABT Volkswagen Golf V GTI

ABT Volkswagen Golf V GTI

The Abt Golf GTI: aggressive conversation topic from Kempten

It’s THE cult object: Since generations the VW Golf GTI thrills all fans of aggressive, sporty but
    still payable cars. At the same time of delivery of the first models in November, as world-wide leading tuner for vehicles of the Volkswagen group, Abt Sportsline presents its version of the timeless original at the Essen Motor Show: additional power, greater aggressiveness, even more sportiness.

“Anybody driving a Golf GTI has nothing to explain.” This is an advertisement slogan for the latest baby from Wolfsburg. But this will hardly apply for drivers of the Abt Golf GTI. When stopping at a motorway service area they will have to provide information to nosy observers about the origin of the super sports car from Kempten. Because already at first glance the origin becomes clear – a complete body kit inclusive front spoiler lip manufactured in carbon fibre, side skirts, rear skirt and a rear muffler with four chrome end pipes make sure of this.

Under the body shell – the bonnet of the exhibition vehicle in Essen is made of carbon fibre – the handwriting of the engineers and designers from Kempten continues: the power of the innately fast 2.0T FSI power unit increases to 230 HP (147 to 170 kW) after the power cure and inherits snappy propulsion with 310 Newtonmetre. So that it doesn’t all only run smoothly in forward motion, the Abt Golf GTI is equipped with an Abt sport brake system.

The Abt sport suspension kit which is not only adjustable in height but also in rebound and pressure makes sure of optimal road holding on Europe’s motor ways. So therefore the Abt Golf GTI is optimally equipped and prepared for every challenge on the roads. The awarded Abt sport wheels SP1 in the size 8.5 x 19 inch with corresponding tyres of partner Dunlop ensure perfect contact between technology and asphalt.

The responsible persons at Abt Sportsline deal with power and sportiness in the same way as they go about setting further discreet optical exclamation marks on their new top sports car: the marked Abt logo is positioned on the steering wheel and on the rear, also the Recaro sport seats and the GTI floor mats in the interior are provided with the three letters.

One detail which is presented in Essen for the first time, for sure will be topic of conversation – not only when meeting on motor ways: Abt Sportsline has developed swing doors for its version of the GTI. A connection to motor sport where the motor sport team from Kempten once again presented itself as one of the most successful German teams in the current season: For the first time the Bavarians clinched the team title in the DTM.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

ABT Volkswagen Golf GTI #2
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm going to eat breakfast. And then I'm going to change the world.

Mmmm, Abt...

This will be my next car. In black. 2007 can't come fast enough.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

How did I know you would be the first to post here quiggs...

they're using same background and same rims for every car
    12 cylinders or walk!

Wow it looks stunning! The CF hood look great and I'm surprised at how good the scissor doors look. with 230 horsepower that would be be a really fun car to drive, great photos Matt!
    My Photography: flickr.com/photos/a-m-photo/
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."

I love the doors, I never thought I'd see a GTI with doors like that
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Guest Guest
    me like doors!!!

Thread Information