Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chrysler PT Cruiser (PT) 2000-2010

Chrysler PT Cruiser (PT) 2000-2010

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser: A Refreshing New Look and a Power Boost for the Indelible Icon

Auburn Hills, Mich., Jun 16, 2005 -

The cool quotient flows from the outside in, as the Chrysler PT Cruiser gets the face of Chrysler, an all-new interior, improved performance and a boost of power for the 2006 model year.

"We completely upgraded the Chrysler PT Cruiser for 2006," said Jeff Bell, Vice President – Chrysler. "We increased the horsepower, refined the exterior and updated every interior detail to ensure that the new 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser continues to lead the segment in style, versatility, quality and performance."

New for 2006, the Chrysler PT Cruiser gets updated front and rear fascias, including a new front grille with the Chrysler winged badge and chrome accents, new headlamps that feature a scallop along the bottom edge and new round fog lamps. A new body-color spoiler on the liftgate provides improved aerodynamics.

Chrysler also pumps up the power on the PT Cruiser, giving the available High-Output Turbo engine a power boost for 2006, now rated at 230 horsepower (171.5 kW) and 245 lb.-ft. (332 N•m) of torque, up from the previous 220 horsepower.

In addition to the exterior updates and more power, the 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser gets an all-new interior. Included are new seat trims and fabric choices. A new instrument panel features larger gauges, new flush shutoff, rotating air vents and a Chrysler signature analog clock. Also new for 2006, the radio is mounted higher in the center stack, and a passenger grab handle has been added to the right side of the instrument panel to make it easier for passengers to get in and out of the vehicle. The glove box capacity is increased, and the door has a dampened movement.

A new center console with a sliding armrest and covered storage space replaces the previous seat-mounted armrests and front passenger seat storage bin for the 2006 model year. This console includes a covered tray for concealing small items, a deep storage bin that holds six CDs, an available battery-fed power outlet for cell-phone charging, a new coin holder and two fold-out cup holders for rear-seat occupants. Front cup holders on the Limited and GT models get bright accents.

New radio options for 2006 include a Boston Acoustics® premium sound system that features six speakers and a subwoofer, as well as a 368-watt amplifier. Rear door speakers improve bass response. Also new for the 2006 model year, all Chrysler PT Cruiser models get MP3 play capability.

New convenience features for the Chrysler PT Cruiser in the 2006 model year include standard power locks on all models, courtesy map lamps, and an available six-way power adjustable driver seat with manual lumbar adjuster. Rear window switches are higher on the back of the center console for easier access. Also available on the 2006 PT Cruiser is a new Electronic Vehicle Information Center (EVIC), which adds functionality by allowing owners to customize and easily adjust their personal settings. Settings on the new EVIC include compass and temperature display, audio information, fuel economy, distance to empty and elapsed time.

Not all of the changes to the 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser can be seen.

"In addition to the exterior and interior changes and the boost of power, the 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser offers an overall quieter driving experience because of the many reductions we've made in road, wind and powertrain noise," said Larry Lyons, Vice President – Front-Wheel-Drive Product Team. "Customers won't necessarily see these improvements listed in a dealer brochure, but they will hear the difference when they get behind the wheel."

To reduce road noise, the 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser has an all-new acoustic package, which includes improved sealing around the doors, windows, rear floor pan and reverberant cavity area, as well as increased sound absorption in the trim panels.

New improvements to the sealing around the heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system, as well as added insulation in the dashboard, reduce powertrain noise.

Wind noise has also been reduced by the use of redesigned inner belt seals in the door and added foam in the A-pillar.

"The interior of the 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser is up to five decibels quieter, depending on driving conditions," Lyons added.

The Chrysler PT Cruiser will be available in four models for the 2006 model year: Chrysler PT Cruiser, Chrysler PT Cruiser Touring, Chrysler PT Cruiser Limited and Chrysler PT Cruiser GT.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by McLareN; 06-16-2005 at 12:40 PM.

too bad they can't completely redesign it. If they did it wouldn't be a PT cruiser anymore. GM has the same problem with the Cadillac Escalade too.
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

Would have preferred if they had made the PT Cruizer instead
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

i never liked this car , i think their ugly

I hate this car more than anything.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    I hate this car more than anything.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

I dont hate it, but I consider it a midget hurse.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Seemed like a good idea for about five minutes. But the only car that's come close to getting old as fast as the PTC was the new Thunderbird.

I still wish they'd do a sedan delivery version of this car. That's one I might consider buying.

I think it has some potential in its conception, but wasn't pulled off right. Kind of like it needed a C section going into production.
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

we got so many of these fugly cars here...

btw, did they take a part of the design off the prowler or something... i dunno
    .........random.......

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    An update for another senior citizen's ugly car..................
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

It needs, a new bad ass engine one the new Hemis (Yeah don't say its a fake, don't care, just as reference), huge rims, lose two doors, bigger arch flares. Then it'll be bad ass.

Oh, and RWD too.

Refreshing new design?

Where?
    Thanks for all the fish

Chrysler PT Cruiser #2

Being nice since 2007.

Chrysler PT Cruiser #3

Being nice since 2007.

Thread Information