Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peugeot 20CUP Concept 2005

Peugeot 20CUP Concept 2005

The Peugeot exhibition stand at this year’s Frankfurt Motor Show covers a floor space of almost 3000 square metres and will give visitors the chance to reflect on a glorious past, wonder at the present and take a glimpse of the future of Peugeot.

With the 20Cup, Peugeot will tease visitors with a glimpse into the future. Designed by the Peugeot Style Centre the 20Cup reveals a number of technological advances that will feature in future models in years to come.
    This sporty three wheel roadster shown in two examples on the stand but only differentiated by colour comes equipped with Peugeot’s new sporting credentials. Combining the world of the motor car and motor cycle to stunning effect, the 20Cup reveals a dynamic architecture with a single rear wheel and a two seater cockpit.
    Confirming its presence in high level motor sport, Peugeot recently announced its commitment to competition via the Le Mans Endurance Series. The 20Cup in a more conventional form, but drawing much of its inspiration from the vehicle exhibited at the show, will be Peugeot’s basis for the development of a presence on the racing circuit.
    The 20Cup is powered by a new petrol engine, the first example from the cooperation between PSA Peugeot Citroën and the BMW Group. This engine, which features a range of highly innovative technical advances, develops a power output of 125kW (170bhp) with a maximum torque of 240Nm. A sequential 6-speed manual gearbox is controlled by means of paddles under the steering wheel.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Peugeot 20CUP Concept #2:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bay Area, California, U.S., North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way,
    Peugeot is helpless...........They make lots of nice supercars and they don't even have a single one in production.
    The Ace of All Aces.

Crysis. Maximum Game.

beautiful
    "In UCP I TRUST".

I suppose the only one they've actually put into production is the RC concept .. but thats not road legal; thats for the single-make race series.

Being behind this car would be so threatening .. look at the size of the rear tyre.

To me this looks like they've found a small low-volume british manufacture of a bonkers 3-wheeled car - then grafted a Peugeot 207 (yes '7') nose onto it.

I reckon that nose is exactly what we'll see on the new 207.

something is wrong at peugeot, the only thing they can do good is design concept cars, then they mess up once they move it on to the other guys who sort out the production cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik
    something is wrong at peugeot, the only thing they can do good is design concept cars, then they mess up once they move it on to the other guys who sort out the production cars.
    Hehe. It's like an artist that's got the greatest imagination in the world, but draws like a three year old.

Peugeots Grinall Scorpion 3 .. with added fat wheel.

Peugeot claims that although it makes some ridiculously expensive supercar-spec concept cars and bare-bones trackday machines, it has no intentions of putting them into production simply because they go against its brand image and no one would buy them. Take the 907, for example. How much would you pay for a V12 Peugeot that kind of looks like an SLR? Or would you just buy an SLR or a 612 Scaglietti instead?
    Forza Ferrari

--The thread stopper--

You could afford 4 Pug 907's with the money you'd pay for a 612 or SLR

Quote Originally Posted by Lani Kai
    How much would you pay for a V12 Peugeot that kind of looks like an SLR? Or would you just buy an SLR or a 612 Scaglietti instead?
    anything looks better than an SLR, certainly the 907. But indeed, Peugeot will not be identified with high class sportscars, so no way we can see it enter production. It would suffer the same fate as the Volkswagen Phaeton
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Peugeut just keeps getting weirder...
    TOYNBEE IDEA IN KUBRICK 2001 RESURRECT DEAD ON PLANET JUPITER

pretty...

Quote Originally Posted by DavidC
    To me this looks like they've found a small low-volume british manufacture of a bonkers 3-wheeled car - then grafted a Peugeot 207 (yes '7') nose onto it.
    Look to me to be the other way around.
    They took a production car and cut the back off and just stuck one wheel in the middle.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it's front wheel drive. No?
    Like a morgan but completely different.
    I bet a morgan could lap faster than it.

Thread Information