Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bentley Continental GTC 2006-

Bentley Continental GTC 2006-

Bentley announces stunning new convertible version of the Continental GT

Crewe, 26th September 2005… Bentley Motors is proud to announce the introduction of the Continental GTC. The new luxury 2+2 convertible completes the Bentley Continental model range following the introduction of the highly successful Continental GT in 2003 and four-door Continental Flying Spur earlier this year. The new Continental GTC goes on sale in late 2006.

With a top speed in excess of 190mph (304 km/h), a sophisticated all-wheel drive system, state-of-the-art 12-cylinder engine, advanced air suspension and ultra-stiff body structure, the Continental GTC displays all the poise, exhilarating performance and dynamic handling of the Continental GT. In common with its stable mates, the interior of the new Continental GTC provides an unrivalled standard of craftsmanship, utilising natural wood veneers and leather hides of the finest quality.

While sharing the familiar face of the Continental family, the design personality of the new Continental GTC is distinctive and unique, as Bentley’s design director Dirk van Braeckel explains: “With the Continental GTC we set out to achieve a style that is both contemporary and elegant but with the sporting stance of a true performance car. We also wanted to ensure that the Continental GTC looks just as beautiful with the roof up as it does when it’s down.

“In keeping with the Bentley tradition, the new Continental GTC has a soft fabric roof and heated glass rear screen. When stowed below its hide-covered tonneau, efficient packaging ensures excellent space for both rear passengers and their luggage.”

The Continental GTC becomes the second convertible to grace the current Bentley range. It follows the recently announced return of the evocative Azure name for Bentley’s Arnage-derived flagship four-seater convertible which goes on sale in Spring 2006.

While the Azure offers the ultimate in glamour and sophistication, the Continental GTC is designed for customers looking to enjoy the phenomenal performance, style and excitement of the Continental GT with the additional benefits of classic open-top Bentley motoring.

“The Continental GTC is the third step in our new product and segment strategy,” explains Bentley chairman Dr Franz-Josef Paefgen. “It will again open up the Bentley brand to more customers who only buy convertibles, as well as being a logical next car for our existing owners.”

Further details, including full technical specification, market availability and pricing will be released nearer to the Continental GTC’s on-sale date.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bentley Continental GT Convertible #2:
    Attached Images Attached Images

I am in love! Always loved the "ordinary" Continental GT, and this one just takes the cake and runs with it. If I had several hundred thousand dollars, I would buy one, maybe more, right now!

Nice, although I thought they would name this the Azure

Quote Originally Posted by carsnut
    Nice, although I thought they would name this the Azure
    The Azure is a completly different model.

That is one sweet ride.
    "Someone's sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago." -Warren Buffett

It's nice to see that there are people how like this car.
    Usually when I don’t like a sports car in photographs it changes when i see the thing in real life.

But with the coupe this wasn't the case, It gives me the feeling that it is trying to be something it isn't. Strange !? (not about performance just looks)

The drawing of the Convertible (1ste picture, 2nd post) is aggressive and massive. But comparing it with the real thing its none of that.

Just my two cents

Guest Guest
    i like the rear wheelarches!!!

oh CRAP now theres gonna be more idiots around my town with these cars. Theres about 15 GT's in my area, now theres gonna be a load of these. Can they not see its blatantly obvious to get the db9 instead..

it looks so nice but if i had to choose between the normal continental gt and this version (yes, i dream...), i would take the coupe

Wow, thats an amazing design I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Cotterik
    oh CRAP now theres gonna be more idiots around my town with these cars. Theres about 15 GT's in my area, now theres gonna be a load of these. Can they not see its blatantly obvious to get the db9 instead..
    Poor guy
    I think Koenigsegg is Swedish for: "Oh no, my head's just exploded!"

Jeremy Clarkson

Who needs an Azure?? Just get this baby
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Its all right. But heres what the advertising should be:

COMING SOON TO A RAP VIDEO NEAR YOU: Bentley Continental GTC

i LOOOOVE it. but im wondering how great it would look with the top up. anybody seen any pictures of it with the softop up?

Thread Information