Thread: Fiat X 1/9

Fiat X 1/9

Fiat X 1/9

The Fiat X 1/9 was launched in 1974, probably with the intention to be a successor to the very successful 850 Spider. The engine layout changed completely and the transverse 1300cc alloy engine was placed in front of the rear axle. In 1978 the engine size was increased to 1500 cc in combination with a 5-speed box.
    The body was designed by Bertone, who, after Fiat decided to cease the production, decided to continue the car and sell under the name Bertone X 1/9.
    The car is potent handler but for some reason it received the “hairdressers” stigma, as it was not really fully designed for hard core driving. Nevertheless, the car has still a large amount of dedicated followers. Finding a good one has become increasingly difficult as rust has eaten quite a few away. Nevertheless with over 140000 Fiats produced (exclusive of the Bertones) good examples can still be found.

Shown is a mint car at the Interclassics 2004 in Maastricht.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Damn! I was going to add this, as I saw one for sale today and remembered there was always one parked near my former local pub ... but you beat me to it.

It's funny, because I'm not a big fan of the wedge-shaped TVRs, the Triumph TR7s and the Toyota MR2s but for some reason I really like this car. I always used to comment when I walked past the one near the pub. It was in really good condition. I think they're quite pretty little cars.
    "Work is the curse of the drinking classes."
    Oscar Wilde

Classic Motoring Blog -
    http://classicmotoring.blogspot.com/

Germany -> West Germany -> NRW -> Düsseldorf
    four pics by me
    Attached Images Attached Images
    WRC - That's motorsport!

"If you can see the tree you are about to hit, it is called 'understeering'. If you can only hear and feel it, it was 'oversteering'."
    Walter Röhrl

Thread Information