Thread: Autobianchi A112

Autobianchi A112

Autobianchi A112

Fiat’s “luxury” brand Autobianchi, that pioneered Front Wheel Drive for the mother, launched the A112 in 1969, and was intended to compete with the Mini, also very popular in Italy. The engine was the 900 cc fitted in the Fiat 850 Coupe which made the lightweight car a decent performer.

Best known is the car though via the 1050 cc Abarth version, which had 70 BHP on the tap, and was a delight to drive on the sinuous mountain that are so abundantly available in the Italian countryside. It was also an often participant in Rallies and Touring Car races.

When production stopped in over 1.25 million cars were made, in the later stages of its production the car was given a Lancia badge, and the Autobianchi name disappeared for good.

Shown is an Abarth version at the 2004 Technoclassica.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    Autobianchi A112
    Only one pic? I like this car, I want more!

Quote Originally Posted by smxi
    Only one pic? I like this car, I want more!
    I call upon other photographers....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

found one more, no top quality though
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    found one more, no top quality though
    Thanks.

Nice little and simple car. Although it's starting to look like a mini to me.
    Before Posting Please Watch This Short Video... URL=http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Quote Originally Posted by Forever92
    Nice little and simple car. Although it's starting to look like a mini to me.
    I think it looks fiatish and it should

Thread Information